Author Topic: [DENIED] Jonathon Bill Reave's Civil Authority Application  (Read 1382 times)

Offline [RRP-O] The Cyberrabbi

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
[DENIED] Jonathon Bill Reave's Civil Authority Application
« on: August 12, 2012, 02:53:09 AM »
Jonathon Bill Reave's Civil Authority Application

OOC Name: rdegner59

IC Character Name: Jonathon Bill Reave

1) Please write a minimum of 3 paragraphs OOC'ly detailing why your character wishes to join the Combine Civil Authority and what lead your character to do so.
My character was born in the South, his father moving from military base to military base to keep up with where he was needed. Jon thus pursued excellence in his own way, quickly giving up on the concept of "friends" with civilians as it became obvious that they were "weak" compared to the ideals and sacrifice Jon saw in his father. Thus Jon was quick to dive headfirst into his studies and athletics, joining the ROTC in the hopes of one day becoming a soldier like his father, and make him proud. Unfortunately the military ideals and honor that Jon believe in was taken away one day...

When the Iraq war started, Jon's father was of course called to duty, and Jon wasn't even sad or afraid, realizing this is what his father had been training his whole life for. Unfortunately for his father, there was an error in a training mission his father was overseeing, as the recruit he was overseeing fired onto an encampment rather than scouting it. The recruit was killed quickly and Jon's father's leg was torn to hell. Although Jon's father eventually recovered, he was dishonorably discharged and his name stricken from the military records... Jon became disenfranchised with the military, wondering why such an organization built on honor would discard his father so callously. Jon thus abandoned thoughts of a military career, and studied hard in his own time on the arts of war, and exercised his body as much as he could bear.

When the seven hour war arrived, Jon's father joined a militia to fight them off, in spite of his wife's protesting. Jon watched as his father was captured and executed, proud at his Dad for defending his home, but also not hating the invaders since they mainly went after the military, rather than civilians. As the dust settled, and hunger began taking Jon's muscles away, Jon watched as the CCA instilled a modicum of order in a chaotic war. As he noticed that class boundaries and artificial ideals of wealth melted away along with war and most crime, Jon knew that this was the organization he had dedicated his life to prepare for. Jon knew that this was the organization he must help protect.

2) Please detail your characters traits. (Eg, Pure, Lawful, Trustworthy)
I would consider Jonathon to be intelligent and cunning, but primarily respectful to authority and the concepts of duty, honor, and order. He detests anyone that would disrespect that authority, and would destroy anyone that would hurt that order. Jonathon would train himself for physical perfection, and study all codes and knowledge of his job to become as perfect as possible. In other words, I designed him to be born to be a unit. Defends his comrades to the death, destroys anyone that would hurt them, and follows orders and law to the letter.

3) Please provide 2 paragraphs about what you are expecting the Combine Civil Authority to be like for you and your character.
Given that I am not in the CCA I can only go by what I've seen and what I hope for, but mainly at first it's going to be annoying and boring. I suspect I'll have a low amount of respect and trust, and most officers wouldn't trust me to wipe their ass. I also wouldn't care, as I would take the steps and train hard to be the best unit I could be, if only not to risk the lives of my fellow man. Not only this, but Jonathon would expect "grunt work", cleaning the barracks, shining shoes, that sort of thing. As such Jonathon welcomes the opportunity to show how dedicated he is, and hopefully quickly rise through the ranks and begin serving in a real fashion.
Other than that, I hope that the CCA is fluid and malleable, as I tend to notice, as others have, that the longer people stay in power, the more inactive or uncaring they get. Without checks and balances and a healthy dose of fear within a unit, people get lax. Thus Jonathon would figure that the UED making sure everyone falls in line would be a good thing, and would also think that he has nothing to fear from them. As such I feel Jonathon will excel and overcome any adversity he may face in the CCA.

4) Please provide a detailed back-story from an out-of-character perspective on your applying character. This section must be detailed and consist of a minimum of 300 words.

My character was born in the South, his father moving from military base to military base to keep up with where he was needed. Jon thus pursued excellence in his own way, quickly giving up on the concept of "friends" with civilians as it became obvious that they were "weak" compared to the ideals and sacrifice Jon saw in his father. Thus Jon was quick to dive headfirst into his studies and athletics, joining the ROTC in the hopes of one day becoming a soldier like his father, and make him proud. Unfortunately the military ideals and honor that Jon believe in was taken away one day...

When the Iraq war started, Jon's father was of course called to duty, and Jon wasn't even sad or afraid, realizing this is what his father had been training his whole life for. Unfortunately for his father, there was an error in a training mission his father was overseeing, as the recruit he was overseeing fired onto an encampment rather than scouting it. The recruit was killed quickly and Jon's father's leg was torn to hell. Although Jon's father eventually recovered, he was dishonorably discharged and his name stricken from the military records... Jon became disenfranchised with the military, wondering why such an organization built on honor would discard his father so callously. Jon thus abandoned thoughts of a military career, and studied hard in his own time on the arts of war, and exercised his body as much as he could bear.

Now as Jonathon gets moved from city to city, he’s the sort of citizen that goes up to officers at attention and saluting them, feeling that such brave men and women, risking their lives to protect people that distrust or even hate them, anonymously even, have given the bravest sacrifice daily and quietly. Thus he goes about shining shoes, cleaning windows, and whatever else he can do to prove his loyalty and support for such people.

OOC: If you noticed I copied my answer from one to the other, it’s because part of what makes him want to join the CCA is also his backstory.

5) Have you ever had a CCA character here at Catalyst Gaming?  If so, explain why it was removed.
I have not.

OOC Details

1. How long have you played on role-playing servers in general?
On and off seven years.

2. How long have you played on serious servers?
On and off for five years.

3. How long have you played on Catalyst Gaming?
Two weeks now.

4. What Time zone are you in?
CST-6, Central Time.

5. In what country do you live?
United State of America.

6. How old are you?
Twenty.

7. What�s your most memorable quality RP experience?
My most memorable RP experience was probably whenever I roleplayed a vortigaunt on an Outlands server on ShhRP. Basically I was with a group of rebels and while scavenging we discovered a trashed computer that could be repaired. I don't remember exactly how it was brought up, but the leader of the rebels said something like that the machine was a tool for our service. The Vortigaunt was offended and explained that all things, all matter, had energy within them, the Vortessence. I stated in my odd way that life is merely matter assembled, but at that core of it, there is motion in the atoms themselves. They move with purpose. They wish to bond and be complete like us. The energy of the world itself aches and moves with feeling. I asked them where they thought they got personifications of "Father Time" and "Mother Nature", and basically I believe I made some people actually think if whether the very Earth beneath them moved partially because it chose to. Even if it was uncanon, or oocly a load of religious hooey, I remember it as a time where I used a character to come up with ideas I never would have, and was forced to pause and consider those same ideas.

8. Do you consider yourself a good listener?
What was that? Sorry wasn't paying attention. Oh..Oh yes of course.

IC Section

Full Name: Jonathon Bill Reave
CID: 23185
Height: Six feet / Zero Inches
Hair Colour Shaved, naturally brunette.
Eye Colour: Hazel
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual
Weight: 185 lbs.
Mental Distinctions: Stringent Adherence to the concept of Duty and Honor, otherwise described by fellow citizens as a "buzz kill".
Mental Defects: Single minded in many fashions in pursuit of orders, difficulty thinking outside the box at times. Judgmental of weakness.
Mental Advantages: Tactically intelligent and well educated in many war strategies from an almost zealous watching of war documentaries and military channels.
Notable Qualities: Reasonably in shape considering lack of nutrition, good attitude and willingness to learn.

1. Have you ever been detained or apprehended for a Sociostability Infringement before? If so, explain?
No sir I have not.

2. Do you regularly eat Combine Civil Authority Issued Rations?
Yes sir/ma'am I do.

3. Are you willing to give your life to the cause of the Universal Union?
Yes sir/ma'am, gladly.

4. Do you as a Citizen and future Civil Protection Member accept ALL actions performed by you and those under your command as your OWN responsibility?
Yes sir/ma'am.

5. Will you remain loyal and faithful to the Universal Union as long as you live?
Yes sirma'am.

6. Why do you want to join the Combine Civil Authority?
Sir/Ma'am. To go into every detail of why I want to join the Combine Civil Authority would take more paper than this application allows, and would most likely bore you. I am a simple man. I believe in the tenets of honor and integrity, and the pursuit of peace and order at all costs. My duty as a man with the strength within my own two hands is to serve my fellow man and protect them from any harm that would ever come to them, even from themselves. The Civil Authority has single-handedly annihilated all war, most diseases, and that disgusting imbalance in class and status that was a pestilence upon this world. Seeing what the CCA has accomplished in so little a time is an inspiration and a blessing to my pitiful soul, and my only hope is that I can provide my body, mind, and heart, in the pursuit of protecting that which has saved this world.

Please sign the attached oath using only blue or black pen.

I, Jonathon Bill Reave hereby swear my mind, body and soul to the Universal Union forever so long as I draw breath. I do so knowing that my actions will be held accountable to me and solely myself. I also declare my knowledge that as a Member of The Universal Union that I will be required to perform tasks above and beyond as well as perform ANY task ordered to by ANY commanding person(s). I hereby acknowledge the fact that as a Civil Protection Task-force Unit that I will be losing most, if not all, communication and or past relationship with anyone outside of the Universal Union's operational bounds.

OOC modification: Added another sentence to one of the answers.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2012, 05:24:01 PM by Brandon Sacawv »

Offline Howard Biggs

• View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Jonathon Bill Reave's Civil Authority Application
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2012, 04:50:08 PM »
+support
You have a good back story, But the problem is that your name of Jonathon is not used much, If you change your name to Jonathan then it would be a more better spelled name, But i see were you are going

5% warning issued for not following application rules - Brandon
« Last Edit: August 13, 2012, 05:11:07 PM by Brandon Sacawv »

Offline [RRP-O] The Cyberrabbi

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Jonathon Bill Reave's Civil Authority Application
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2012, 05:13:47 PM »
Thank you Mr. Biggs : ). It's inspired by my best friend whose name is Jonathon, so I'm sorry if it's weird : )

Offline Tyler

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Jonathon Bill Reave's Civil Authority Application's Verdict
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2012, 05:23:58 PM »
UNIT: 326
DIVISION: UNIFORM
CLEARANCE: OfC
Enter Password: ************
ACCESS GRANTED

Connecting to Network
Connecting...
Connecting...
Connecting...
CONNECTION ESTABLISHED

Applicant File Opened: Jonathon Bill Reave
Citizen Identification Number: 23185

Acceptance status:
<::|| DENIED ||::>

Reason:
<::|| Not enough detain in OOC question 4 in regards to post war. Minimal effort shown to produce two different answers for ooc questions 1 and 4. ||::>

Saving Record...
Saving File...
Saving File...
Saving File...
File Saved

Disconnecting C45.CCA.UNIFORM-OfC.326
Console Shut Down.
CONNECTION LOST
Reviewed using ApplicationsHelper, 2.0.0.6.

UU.OTA-VANGUARD.6.94250 | Online (THETA.EOW)
C45.CCA.CLASSIFIED.326 | In Service (VOID-DvL.326)
C45.CCA.APEX-01.199 | In Service
Dr. Wolfgang Metzger | Dead | Shot after throwing a Breen bust at the SeC.

9:19 PM - Brandon: I'll donate more later, It's just my mother is a dumb face
9:19 PM - RoflWaffle - fuck off please: i'm an idiot for assuming things her

9:22 PM - Lord Bravery: Brandon
9:22 PM - Lord Bravery: have sex with m

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal