Author Topic: 2017.  (Read 2191 times)

Offline Lone Wanderer <??"?

• The one and only.
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« on: September 06, 2012, 11:56:34 PM »
   This is my official thread for 2017, a short novel that I'm in the process of writing. 2017 is an apocalyptic book that tells the story of what happens in the small town of Sherwood, Oregon after a worldwide infection event happens. This infection event is similar to the one that happens in the Left 4 Dead series in that people appear, act, and share other similar properties to the common infected in the game (There are no 'special' infected in this story). However, it is different in the way that infection came about and affected the general populace of the world itself. Below is a full list of general information about the story, including dates, locations, etc...

2017, a world fallen into the darkness of infection.

Date: August 14th, 2017.
Date of First Case: March 28th, 2017.

Infection Percentage Breakup:
-58.8% fatality rate within first week of infection.
-39.79% rate of extended infection period.
-1.41% rate of immunity.

Affected Regions: Worldwide.
Location of Interest: Sherwood, Oregon (United States).

Short Background:

2017, the year of the Infection of Revelations. Appearing out of the midst of Central Europe on the 28th of March, the infection spread rapidly among the human populace. It was transported among the people through the air, through the water, and through the very contact they had everyday of their lives. The effects of this infeciton were just as quick as their spreading host. Within one week of recieving the disease, the host body rather died, or gained cannibalistic qualities, along with a complete loss of logical thinking and bodily control. They were lost to themselves, becoming 'mindless zombies', as it were. The few blessed people who were immune to the infection itself faced these new foes, struggling every remaining day of their life.

Sherwood, Oregon of the United States. A small town, around twenty-thousand members in its population. It was on the outskirts of the metropolitan area, with vast farms and vineyards beyond. It was affected by this infection just like every other place on the planet Earth. Members of the town were infected, and rather died or became 'zombies'. The few who survived struggled along their old friends and family members, taking arms and barricading their homes and local buildings. Any hope of fleeing to better lives was lost, seeing as everything on the planet was gone. The only thing left for them to do was to fight, and struggle to survive every day. Scavenging for any form of edible food, searching every nook and crany for ammunition. Such is the life of a survivor, the life of a cursed individual...

That concludes the short information grouping I have. This is more of a thing to get people thinking and a bit hyped in a sense. I happen to be very excited about this whole deal. I've considered writing something of this magnitude before, but have never really gotten organized enough to really do so. But I'm pushing already, and have written down quite a bit of how I want this all to play out. Currently, I expect this to be the equivalent of somewhere around a 150 page novel. It's gonna get intense, and I hope you all stay tuned for it. I've begun work on the first chapter, along with character, location, and fact sheets I'll be writing along with the story. All in all, this will take awhile to complete with all the things I've got going on, but it'll get done. Stay tuned for the first chapter!

Current Characters:
Abdul Sadek - Unregistered citizen, currently near City 18.
Monica Halleway - A seemingly crazy woman roaming the plaza.

Former HL2RP-Characters:
Jennifer Hanson - Former trader now involved with the Lambda Movement in City 17.
'091' - A former rogue medical unit now on the Combine Homeworld. Or is she?
Michael 'Y' Eloriga - A wanted criminal located in City 17, frequently spotted on rooftops.

Offline Hazard Time

• i luv hoerses
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: 2017.
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2012, 01:00:01 AM »
Are you going to include the Sherwood Regal Theater?  That would be an awesome place for post apocalyptic survival, what with all the other restaurants being so nearby :)

• The one and only.
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2012, 06:23:31 PM »
Are you going to include the Sherwood Regal Theater?  That would be an awesome place for post apocalyptic survival, what with all the other restaurants being so nearby :)

Yeah, that's actually going to be one of the key locations in the storyline. Highway 99 is going to be a important road along the story as well, many of the key locations existing along it.

Current Characters:

Former HL2RP-Characters:
Jennifer Hanson - Former trader now involved with the Lambda Movement in City 17.
Michael 'Y' Eloriga - A wanted criminal located in City 17, frequently spotted on rooftops.

Offline Hazard Time

• i luv hoerses
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2012, 12:27:06 AM »

Yeah, that's actually going to be one of the key locations in the storyline. Highway 99 is going to be a important road along the story as well, many of the key locations existing along it.

In case of zombie apocalypse, my plan is to take the shopping center in Tigard that includes H-Mart, Mongolian Barbeque, and Gun Broker.  Can't beat that shit.

• The one and only.
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2012, 12:40:34 AM »
Evergreen air museum is where it's at.

On a more on topic note, I'm almost complete with chapter one. I expect it to be out maybe by mid-week?

Current Characters:

Former HL2RP-Characters:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal