Author Topic: Poll/Suggestion: Bring spam back.  (Read 9109 times)

Offline rBST Cow

• Tinniest title on CG
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Poll/Suggestion: Bring spam back.
« on: April 14, 2013, 09:31:33 PM »
It's not against the rules to make threads like this so please don't lollock the poll or thread.

Basically, spam was removed because very few people can't take a joke. Post your opinions here please.
abbot common stop bad for you if u watch anime all day nigga u fuckn weaboo

Offline wakeboarderCWB

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Poll/Suggestion: Bring spam back.
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2013, 09:53:24 PM »
I say no, but if it is brought back please just make it like it's supposed to be.

It used to be fun forum games, occasional "lol" pics, etc. Now it's just "So-and-so is a dumbfuck lolfagt", and they know they can get away with it. Whether it's serious or not, it's not against the rules because "nothing in spam should be taken seriously." It has gotten out of control and I support the removal, even if nothing in it is about me.

Offline smt

• lemon flavor lubricant
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2013, 10:00:57 PM »
I say no, but if it is brought back please just make it like it's supposed to be.

It used to be fun forum games, occasional "lol" pics, etc. Now it's just "So-and-so is a dumbfuck lolfagt", and they know they can get away with it. Whether it's serious or not, it's not against the rules because "nothing in spam should be taken seriously." It has gotten out of control and I support the removal, even if nothing in it is about me.

But it says nothing is to be taken seriously, the issue is not with spam, it's with you not being able to stay out of it (if it annoys you) or to simply not take anything seriously, like it says.

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2013, 10:04:45 PM »
What if we want to use spam for fun things like forum games and posting videos of people throwing things at beiber? You know, like we did once upon a time?

We couldn't do that with the 'enter at own risk' 18+ spam and you know why.

Offline smt

• lemon flavor lubricant
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2013, 10:06:18 PM »
What if we want to use spam for fun things like forum games and posting videos of people throwing things at beiber? You know, like we did once upon a time?

We couldn't do that with the 'enter at own risk' 18+ spam and you know why.

Then suggest a board for fun forum games where posts still don't count, but keep spam as it was, because 5 people don't like spam doesn't mean it should be removed for the others who do find it funny

Offline wakeboarderCWB

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2013, 10:06:31 PM »

But it says nothing is to be taken seriously, the issue is not with spam, it's with you not being able to stay out of it (if it annoys you) or to simply not take anything seriously, like it says.
I do stay out of it, but because every time I go in all I see is people calling each other name's. I can tell that a lot of people abuse it just to call someone names without getting banned.

Offline smt

• lemon flavor lubricant
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2013, 10:08:01 PM »

I do stay out of it, but because every time I go in all I see is people calling each other name's. I can tell that a lot of people abuse it just to call someone names without getting banned.

You're fully allowed to dislike it, but it's not meant to be taken seriously, you've literally just admitted that everything you see inside you take seriously, which isn't meant to be how it's be, you're allowed to dislike it but it shouldn't be completely removed.

Offline wakeboarderCWB

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2013, 10:10:18 PM »

You're fully allowed to dislike it, but it's not meant to be taken seriously, you've literally just admitted that everything you see inside you take seriously, which isn't meant to be how it's be, you're allowed to dislike it but it shouldn't be completely removed.
I take it seriously because 75% of the posts in there are just abusing the "Don't take anything serious in here" rule to make fun of people. For example, if I called someone a "fucking asshole" in General Discussion I could get banned. If I did it in spam, it's okay because "it's not serious".

Offline tim

• SPACE JAM
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2013, 10:11:25 PM »
we do it for fun and as a joke
we don't actually mean it

most of the time
#

Offline smt

• lemon flavor lubricant
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2013, 10:11:44 PM »

I take it seriously because 75% of the posts in there are just abusing the "Don't take anything serious in here" rule to make fun of people. For example, if I called someone a "fucking asshole" in General Discussion I could get banned. If I did it in spam, it's okay because "it's not serious".

But it isn't serious, if someone calls you an asshole in spam, you shouldn't take offence and instead laugh at it, and if you can't help but take offence then just don't go in, so what if people are using it to flame? It's spam and it isn't serious, it's for fun, people need to learn to not take it serious, even if it sometimes looks like it might be serious.

Offline Lone Wanderer <??"?

• The one and only.
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2013, 10:24:20 PM »
"i dont like the hl2rp board its to serious for me and because of this it should be removed"

That's essentially the arguement as to why spam got removed from what I've heard and seen. It specifically says 'do not take this board seriously' and 'enter at your own risk' If you're wanting to go in spam and have a wonderful pretty time where everyone says nice things and posts picutres of ponies and rainbows and memes, then please, go look somewhere else. Spam is meant to be joking, and anything people post there is meant to be a joke. If you can't seem to understand that, it's as simple as not going in the board. Nobody's going to run around saying "hey so-and-so, this is what person A said about you in spam!!!1". I mean seriously, if we just started removing things because someone is getting a little frustrated that they don't like what's happening somewhere and don't have the sense to just stay out of it, you might as well just start deleting threads left and right and shutting down servers because 'people don't like them'.

Current Characters:
Abdul Sadek - Unregistered citizen, currently near City 18.
Monica Halleway - A seemingly crazy woman roaming the plaza.

Former HL2RP-Characters:
Jennifer Hanson - Former trader now involved with the Lambda Movement in City 17.
'091' - A former rogue medical unit now on the Combine Homeworld. Or is she?
Michael 'Y' Eloriga - A wanted criminal located in City 17, frequently spotted on rooftops.

Offline Rory

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2013, 11:02:57 PM »
Who cares if people are making fun of eachother in the section. You decided to go there, you decided to get yourself in that path. You were warned both before you came in the section and even by looking at the threads you could see what it was about. If people in spam can joke about being made fun of, then I'm pretty sure it isn't that big of a deal.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2013, 11:06:14 PM by Ramone »

Offline rBST Cow

• Tinniest title on CG
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2013, 11:19:06 PM »
Lones posts has a lot of my feelings about the issue. Wake border, if you don't like what people say/do in spam, DON'T GO IN. You're a nice person so anyone that calls you "a huge fucking douche faggot" clearly isn't serious(please excuse my language, but im just trying to make examples here). Ill call people names in spam, but outside of spam if you get to know me I'm a nice person.

If its really this bad that people can't just make the decision to not go in, make a blacklist for them so they just don't have the acess to view the board.

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2013, 11:37:50 PM »
When the way people act in spam starts affecting the way they act everywhere else, its out of hand.

Offline rBST Cow

• Tinniest title on CG
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2013, 11:47:33 PM »
When the way people act in spam starts affecting the way they act everywhere else, its out of hand.

Really the only person that I can think of off the top of my head who acts the same in and out of spam is hogs. If someone flames you on steam, block them. If they flame you on the forums, ban them. I don't see what the problem is.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal