Author Topic: Orange Cosmos RP 2 Announcement  (Read 21999 times)

Offline Nicknero

• Hatsune Miku
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [GMR2 Award] 100 MPH
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Orange Cosmos RP 2 Announcement
« Reply #45 on: April 04, 2013, 05:14:05 AM »
orgs shouldn't be insanely powerful just because they have a ton of members. we want people to be very selective with who they put in their organizations and not have it like before where there was 2 or 3 really big orgs that pretty much controlled everything

Wont make a single bit of difference when people just join orgs together

This. Remember last time when 3 of the big orgs joined together to make an alliance and pretty much ruled the server?

Rather 3 different orgs then 1 big elitism-fest org with 90% admins that 'rules' over OCRP.

I guess you can't really prevent it from happening, but at least a limited member cap creates more thought into orgs except of getting huge orgs with 50 members that everyone wants to join because there simply aren't any other ones.
Check out my Youtube channel with all kinds of cool videos including LP's which I'm currently working at. Don't forget to give feedback as well. ;)

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #46 on: April 04, 2013, 11:14:20 AM »
What about passive orgs like the construction companies and event hosters and emergency services? If we cant have 20 people, can we at least have 3 allied orgs? (Police, Fire, and EMS) We are at 16 members and the servers arent even up yet.

Offline BltElite

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #47 on: April 04, 2013, 11:41:43 AM »
What about passive orgs like the construction companies and event hosters and emergency services? If we cant have 20 people, can we at least have 3 allied orgs? (Police, Fire, and EMS) We are at 16 members and the servers arent even up yet.
I would think they're fine and it creates a little more structure anyway, its more referring to crime orgs like 'the brotherhood' and 'the fallen' were back in the old days
what

Offline Keskjer

• Catalyst Gaming
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #48 on: April 04, 2013, 12:01:19 PM »
2 members left, I'm thinking a few may follow to do their own thing, one of the topics I wanted to talk to you last night about. But you have a fair point. 20 member slots are a bit small for our org, currently its not a problem, but it will be soon, we might have to slip off into 3 sections.

Offline alaskan thunderfuck

• Owner
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #49 on: April 04, 2013, 04:39:00 PM »
allied orgs are perfectly fine as long as people aren't literally recreating the same organization to add more space. regardless, in the case of an organization like the one you guys run I'd have no problem with it, I just don't want to see huge criminal organizations running everything
Please don't PM me regarding bans or anything having to do with in-game situations. Only PM me if you've been told I am the only one who can solve your issue.

Offline GrannyLad

• This Is Fucking
    Awesome
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #50 on: April 04, 2013, 05:52:35 PM »
Status Bar
The status bar now has OCRP and OCRP2. Both servers and running the gamemode "Orange Cosmos RP 2". There is no difference between the two servers. The database is shared between the servers. This means that it doesn't matter if of the two servers you join, you will have all of your stuff.

We are not sure if two servers is something we will keep. We will see what time brings.

I don't think 2 servers is a good idea for OCRP, if you look at the map size and take into consideration that v33x is much bigger than v2d, then 20/30/40(not sure on each) per server for a big map like v33x will be a bit boring, if there are radio events, contests etc, players will be queuing up to join that server. I'm not sure how CG could handle a 50(not sure exactly) people in one server, but if they could I think that will be much better. More fun in events, construction RP. Also, if there are 2 servers, take for example HRP; it's harder for the admins to administrate because they can't be in 2 places at one time. 50 Players will be a lot to administrate, but if OCRP gets volunteers like HRP have, it could be a lot easier on the other admins.

Just an idea/opinion I thought I'd let out. I'm sure there is others who would prefer 2 servers, but as I said, this is just an opinion.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2013, 05:57:40 PM by GrannyLad »

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #51 on: April 04, 2013, 06:41:54 PM »
I'd say 2 servers on launch to handle the masses but if things quiet down and dont pick up, don't hesitate to set it to only 1.

Offline alaskan thunderfuck

• Owner
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #52 on: April 04, 2013, 06:42:35 PM »
Status Bar
The status bar now has OCRP and OCRP2. Both servers and running the gamemode "Orange Cosmos RP 2". There is no difference between the two servers. The database is shared between the servers. This means that it doesn't matter if of the two servers you join, you will have all of your stuff.

We are not sure if two servers is something we will keep. We will see what time brings.

I don't think 2 servers is a good idea for OCRP, if you look at the map size and take into consideration that v33x is much bigger than v2d, then 20/30/40(not sure on each) per server for a big map like v33x will be a bit boring, if there are radio events, contests etc, players will be queuing up to join that server. I'm not sure how CG could handle a 50(not sure exactly) people in one server, but if they could I think that will be much better. More fun in events, construction RP. Also, if there are 2 servers, take for example HRP; it's harder for the admins to administrate because they can't be in 2 places at one time. 50 Players will be a lot to administrate, but if OCRP gets volunteers like HRP have, it could be a lot easier on the other admins.

Just an idea/opinion I thought I'd let out. I'm sure there is others who would prefer 2 servers, but as I said, this is just an opinion.
We're sure that on launch both servers will be filled. As it starts to slow down(provided it does) we'll get rid of the second server so everyone is forced in to one.
Please don't PM me regarding bans or anything having to do with in-game situations. Only PM me if you've been told I am the only one who can solve your issue.

Offline kronik

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Lottery Winner [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #53 on: April 04, 2013, 08:13:37 PM »
Better make sure that admin slot file that RTLK made is still working. We expect the server to be filled up very fast, and we'll need at least four admins on.

Offline Keskjer

• Catalyst Gaming
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #54 on: April 04, 2013, 08:15:37 PM »
Better make sure that admin slot file that RTLK made is still working. We expect the server to be filled up very fast, and we'll need at least four admins on.
Agreed, and perhaps open up some of the forums for us so we can make a plan for the opening days of OCRP this way we are more organized and better prepared to deal with everyone. I would hate to be the only guy on. one day.

Offline Crap-Head

• #OCRP2
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #55 on: April 04, 2013, 08:45:20 PM »
Agreed, and perhaps open up some of the forums for us so we can make a plan for the opening days of OCRP this way we are more organized and better prepared to deal with everyone. I would hate to be the only guy on. one day.

There are no more forums to open up for OCRP2? Other than the suggestions board.

The only hidden board related to OCRP2 is the development board. Just use the OCRP board in the admin section, if you want to plan something for release?
Please do not add me on Steam because you have in-game problems. Make a thread in the correct board on the forum and i will respond to that whenever i have time.

Offline Keskjer

• Catalyst Gaming
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #56 on: April 04, 2013, 09:11:25 PM »

There are no more forums to open up for OCRP2? Other than the suggestions board.

The only hidden board related to OCRP2 is the development board. Just use the OCRP board in the admin section, if you want to plan something for release?

Cool cool sounds like a plan.

Offline S?cojnr

• #1 CHAV
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #57 on: April 05, 2013, 12:42:12 PM »
I am looking forward to playing this and it is great to see all the work put in, a big thanks to Crap Head and people behind the scenes, the people that have tested and helped Crap Head and Rofl for providing the servers. /gay post over.

Great news though and I look forward to playing OCRP once again hopefully and probably better than ever.

Offline Ares. ?dank

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #58 on: April 05, 2013, 02:50:42 PM »
What about credits that were bought and spent on the old OCRP? Will there be some form of reimbursement?

Offline BltElite

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #59 on: April 05, 2013, 02:54:47 PM »
What about credits that were bought and spent on the old OCRP? Will there be some form of reimbursement?
Fresh start. You will recieve money via donator benefits though.
what

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal