Author Topic: OutLand Server 'Generate'  (Read 1878 times)

Offline |T??G| ????ante?«

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
OutLand Server 'Generate'
« on: April 11, 2012, 04:06:59 PM »
Why doesn't this work? Isn't there any Lua Coders to repair the coding? I was told it doesn't work, so scavenging is basicly just walking around the map with out a purpose unless a admin is online and manually places items around map.

Offline Reimer

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: OutLand Server 'Generate'
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2012, 04:24:34 PM »
The point of the gamemode is not to gain items, guns, ammo, or whatever else, but to (wait for it) roleplay. I think the administrators, coders, and everyone else do not care that much because the existing system works just fine, and besides, the repair of this would just lead to everyone breaking immersion and running around looking for T3H GUNZ every time they think it regenerated. I would rather admins go about it secret-like and not tell the whole server what they are doing so that it's less of an easter-egg hunt and more of an occasional treat.
5:28 PM - wakeboarderCWB: swastika really?
5:28 PM - Lone Wanderer: we made it to riemer
5:28 PM - Lone Wanderer: he's the holy ghost
5:28 PM - Lone Wanderer: we makes sacrifices there

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPV_JPM_wrM" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPV_JPM_wrM</a>

Offline |T??G| ????ante?«

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2012, 05:06:06 PM »
Isn't the Generate command allow admin to spawn in the map randoly once?

Offline SatN

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2012, 11:23:48 PM »
Why doesn't this work? Isn't there any Lua Coders to repair the coding? I was told it doesn't work, so scavenging is basicly just walking around the map with out a purpose unless a admin is online and manually places items around map.

You were banned on the Half-Life 2 Role-Play City Server for glitching into the nexus and ransacking the armoury. You now make a thread based entirely on weapons and why it should be fixed so you can have one.

It will be fixed, when it is fixed. We don't have an ETA on it nor do we know if it will be fixed.

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2012, 11:59:01 PM »

You were banned on the Half-Life 2 Role-Play City Server for glitching into the nexus and ransacking the armoury. You now make a thread based entirely on weapons and why it should be fixed so you can have one.

It will be fixed, when it is fixed. We don't have an ETA on it nor do we know if it will be fixed.
I personally would like this to be fixed soon. Scavenging is a good way to keep IC things interesting.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal