Author Topic: HL2RP on Mac problems.  (Read 1891 times)

Offline [TNS-D] Sanitorium

• View Profile
    • Awards
HL2RP on Mac problems.
« on: March 16, 2012, 11:43:10 PM »
ALRIGHT so I've managed to connect and get through the character selection screens just fine, but the video stuff is MAJORLY fucked up. No Lua errors at all, just messed up graphics.

Screenshots:
Notice how there's a Combine Light, who's model has a bright part on it.

I really think it has something to do with the Vignette effect and the 'Mask' effect you get on CCA characters.
i like men.

Offline Kom????k

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: HL2RP on Mac problems.
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2012, 01:54:11 AM »
Here's how it is.

OpenAura was not developed with the Mac in mind, I have tested this extensively, and even talked with Kuro.

Your only option: Never use a Mac to play any OpenAura Gamemode, it will fail eventually, no question.

So what to so? Do like I did, Install Windows via Bootcamp, and play with that.

Offline [TNS-D] Sanitorium

• View Profile
    • Awards
Re: HL2RP on Mac problems.
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2012, 02:14:14 AM »
-snip-

I know OA wasn't developed with Macs in mind and from previous experience on Slidefuse when they used OA, there was some sort of fix for it.

As for playing with bootcamp, I can't do that because I don't have a copy of windows lying around, unless I can use the free copy of Windows 7 Ultimate Microsoft Developers Network is providing everyone who registers with for that.
i like men.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal