Author Topic: Eli Valerian's Character profile  (Read 3534 times)

Offline Elions

• Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Eli Valerian's Character profile
« on: March 11, 2014, 05:40:18 PM »
BIG EDIT: Conforming with the server rules, I'll have to stray as far away as possible from the old version of the character in order to bring him back into CG. Which is why this version of Eli's profile is now INVALID. I will, however, keep it up, since it's still the best summary and this is the example post for the current profile template.

That said, i'm making up the stuff for a new character, and of course the story involving Eli as well. Should be posted soon-ish

I've rescued Stalker's old character profile format for this (at least I think it was his. I could be severely wrong) and modified/organized it slightly. Feel free to use it yourself!

Eli Valerian's character profile

Gender/sex: Male

Character full name: Elias Santiago Valerian

Known aliases: The Stalker

Citizen Identification Number: None available

Character background:

OOC:
Eli started as a simple male character back in the first Outlands server that CG had, however his character evolved greatly through it's existance as there was a need for more pro-active and interesting characters to build roleplaying scenarios in the server. He ended up becoming a more mysterious figure that would appear whenever something important ocurred, and quickly became a big character as he became more actively involved, and slowly tried to get rid of the shroud that surrounded him and his past, eventually becoming completely open and a direct assistant for the bigger groups in the Ineu Pass

IC:
Spoiler for Hiden:
(For all intents and purposes, this is an exageration of the criminal problems in the city depicted. It doesn't get this bad in the real Glasgow)

The 7 hour war was probably the best thing that ever happened to Eli. He was a vigilante before the war, as he has grown tired of the abuse of power and corruption that there was in his native Glasgow. Years before the war he was already used to working in the shadows against great antagonists, though it was only through the horrors that he saw during the war and being forced to work with the people he called his enemies during it to realise that he was no better than all the criminals he had fought against.

Due to how difficult things were for him and his family, he started training himself and teaching himself ways on how to fight and even participating in the gangs that he despised so much to learn their methods from a very young age. He had an almost pathological and psychotic determination to work against them, copy-cating the stuff he had seen in comics and movies but taking it to a much more real and much darker place.

He learned how to defend himself and several other usefull skills from his family and even some of the criminals that he snuck himself with, slowly building up a skillset that would help him against the people he despised so much.
His brutality was excessive, his methods were too extremist, and above all, his morality was so skewed by all the abuse he and his family had suffered during their life in Glasgow that he was blindsighted to the wrongs that he was doing.

He spent a long time working with rebels against the Combine, though unfortunately he was not able to do much good against them due to the lack of resources that he always found himself against. His vigilante ways followed him even after the war however, as now they were much more usefull than ever. For once, Eli was actually able to socialize properly and teach people how to help one another rather than be ostracized from society. In a way, the war helped him avert from the madness that being a vigilante in a civilized society would have taken him into, specially considering his old methods.

(This is much more developed, and of course, involves a lot more story and interesting characters in between, but for that you'll have to RP with the character himself and learn it. This is just the general overview :P)

Physical description:
Eli is about 5 foot 10 tall. He's well fed, primarily thanks to living in the outlands rather than in the city, where he is able to hunt and search for better food sources, such as plants and wildlife (from both Earth and Xen). Eli's tone of skin is remarkably pale, almost corpse-like due to the fact that he spends so much time in the dark or covered from sunlight. When he does leave hideouts and other locations he usually does so in clothes that hide his identity and that are made to help him in his hunting trips. He is usually seen wearing a makeshift scarecrow mask and a long trimmed hat. His eyes are usually darkened by the mask itself, making it very unnerving to try and stare him down. His demeanor is usually neutral towards people, and this is shown as well in his body language. He still appears to take care of himself, as he's not anti-social, just overly paranoid.

Hair color:
Black
Eye color:
Green under the mask.
Scars:
Several all over his body.

Facial features:
Usually not seen without his mask unless he trusts you with not just his life but also other people's. He has a stern look and a short but relatively well kept beard, as he's not too far gone to not care about his personal appearance. He has several scars all over his face, though most of them have healed already. Overall, a scary looking guy if you don't know him yet.

Hair design:
Messy, as he normally doesn't care to do anything with his hair due to the location where he is currently. His interactions with people without his mask are so limited he rarely cares about how it looks

Approximate age:
Uknown, as he's lost count. He estimates it around 30, though it's possible for it to be more or less. His birthday is on the 17th of January

Country originated from:
Adopted. Original country of birth is unknown, though he was raised by his adoptive parents in Scotland
Current location:
Ineu Pass.
Accent:
Scottish

Mental good and/or bad skills:
Good:
Level headed
Plans ahead carefully
Has a strong moral sense
If you gain his trust, he'll abide by you through trouble no matter what.

Bad:
His decisions can sometimes be too extremist to fix a problem
Particularly brutal in combat, even if he does not aim to kill
Overly paranoid, making it hard for him to completely trust someone.
He is always scheming something. Making it difficult to know what he's thinking at the moment.

Physical good and/or bad skills:
Good:
Trained himself for physical adversity and combat, making him very reliable as assistance in most situations
His smaller frame allows him to easily climb objects and hide in locations without much trouble

Bad:
His skin tone and overall looks can be scary to some people, unnerving even.
Being smaller means that someone could impose their strenght on him, to which he would have to rely on stealth and counter tactics.

Character look-a-like image:
Spoiler for Hiden:

Some of you may recognize this bloke here as the humanized form of one of the "bad guys" in lacadaisy cats. Apart from the glasses and lack of a light beard, he's spot on for Eli's overall physical look. The right-most picture is best overall

Character fitting music and/or song:
Spoiler for Hiden:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1ri9smvKJY

This song encapsulates the basic "story" for Eli in almost every incarnation i've had him. He's done something wrong, something terribly wrong, which the start of the song conveys perfectly, but through willpower he manages to "redeem" himself. The last part unfortunately shows the bad making a return... And however that goes is almost always untold in the bigger end.

Clothing and/or protective armour and markings (bruises, scratches, etc) on the limbs:

Head: Makeshift Scare-Crow mask, eyes completely blackened out. A black long trim hat

Torso: Dress shirts. relatively well kept considering the location where he is in at the moment. Can sometimes be seen wearing other types of clothing such as tight shirts that minimize the risk of being grabbed or vests with inner pockets where he can hide stuff. When using a dress shirt with a vest he can also be seen wearing a tie, though this seems to go against his usual rationale of not wearing anything that is too loose/could easily be grabbed. Most of these clothes are understandably dirty/stained, though it seems that he wears them out of practicallity than sense of style due to comfort and possibility to hide items in his person

Arms/Hands: Usually seen with his hands and arms up to his elbow bandaged. Reason for this is unknown currently. He usally leaves his fingers clear of the bandages however, as according to him it "helps with his handling"

Legs/Feet: Worn jeans and a black belt. Sometimes he carries pouches on him to carry small items such as keys, loose bullets and even cigarretes. He has sometimes been spotted with clipped items such as canteens and a radio. His shirt is usually tucked into the jeans.

Weaponry: He isn't usually spotted with fire-arms, though he seems acquainted with them. He has been seen with several forms of knives and a Bow & Arrow set. Though the bow seems more complex, the arrows are made of salvaged materials, primarily wood and whatever else he can find in the environment.
Equipment: Is usually seen traveling lightly, with messenger bags at most and a set of rope and/or hunting knife when needed.
Known authorized items: None yet. This is a work in progress to adapt an old character into the new CG

Lost and/or replacement limbs or parts?:
None.

Skills, perks and/or traits of the character:

Quicker reflexes and a "sleight of hand" allowing him to easily handle things around him with his hands.
Methodic thinking and a stronger sense of morals means that he will try to help people, but he will not risk his life mindlessly, nor anyone else's.

Weaknesses and/or severe flaws:

Paranoia makes him difficult to work with.
His more extreme measures can still come up from time to time, even if he dislikes the road that it took him down before, they are a hard habit to kick and show a much more darker side of him that he's slowly trying to get rid off for the sake of people around him and himself.
Despite what he'd like to make people believe, he is very sentimental and emotion driven. It's heavily advised that you do not threaten this character with his family or close friends.

That is all for right now. any comments would be appreciated.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2014, 11:34:54 PM by Elions »

Offline Lone Wanderer <??"?

• The one and only.
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Eli Valerian's Character profile
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2014, 05:55:51 PM »
You can't remake characters, dude.

Sorry to burst your bubble  :-\

Current Characters:
Abdul Sadek - Unregistered citizen, currently near City 18.
Monica Halleway - A seemingly crazy woman roaming the plaza.

Former HL2RP-Characters:
Jennifer Hanson - Former trader now involved with the Lambda Movement in City 17.
'091' - A former rogue medical unit now on the Combine Homeworld. Or is she?
Michael 'Y' Eloriga - A wanted criminal located in City 17, frequently spotted on rooftops.

Offline Elions

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2014, 06:22:24 PM »
You can't remake characters, dude.

Sorry to burst your bubble  :-\

That's a shame. Guess i'll alter the backstory and re-work it to make a new one. Though why are they not letting people remake old characters?

Offline smt

• lemon flavor lubricant
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2014, 06:28:36 PM »
cos its a new canon

Offline Elions

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2014, 06:35:49 PM »
cos its a new canon

What if the character's backstory is re-worked FOR the new canon? I wouldn't mind doing that.

Offline smt

• lemon flavor lubricant
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2014, 06:36:36 PM »
if it is the same character it's not allowed, if you remade him he'd have to pretty much have no similarities other than minor ones i guess, doubt people would mind keeping the name but it might confuse people so idk

Offline Elions

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2014, 06:40:13 PM »
if it is the same character it's not allowed, if you remade him he'd have to pretty much have no similarities other than minor ones i guess, doubt people would mind keeping the name but it might confuse people so idk

It would be the same prototypical character, they'd be different in that they'd have differing/reworked backstories and of course have no knowledge of any of the situations before. The original character was sort of built "On the fly". This time I know where to take it and how to take it.

Same in the sense that yes, it's Eli, but his story differs now and he's much better built character wise than the last time. Fixing up the dumb shit and working up the good stuff

If I could, I would ask for an exception to the rule so I could re-build the character (a better and more fitting term than re-make, I suppose)

Edit: Before anyone asks. Yes. This means that any auths or ideas i'd have for him would be re-written from scratch. Same base, but different look into them and of course different exposure/play of them

Offline Teitoku Ippan

• weeaboo faggot
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Owner Party
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2014, 06:47:52 PM »
nobody has been allowed to remake their old characters, if we allow you to make your old character again then we must do so for everyone else who has been denied it

Offline Elions

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2014, 06:51:12 PM »
nobody has been allowed to remake their old characters, if we allow you to make your old character again then we must do so for everyone else who has been denied it

You could put some hefty requirements to actually remake a character, such as actually re-applying for everything and of course creating the backstory from scratch once more. Just an idea.

Offline Teitoku Ippan

• weeaboo faggot
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Owner Party
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2014, 06:52:13 PM »
there should be no remade characters from the old hl2rp, period

Offline Elions

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2014, 06:58:21 PM »
there should be no remade characters from the old hl2rp, period

I'd make the argument that it would be a good idea to allow the chance for some of them to come back.

Some people had characters they were unable to explore because HL2RP shut down. Some of these characters were not very well explored and could be re-worked to work out in the new canon.

And some of them, as much as I dislike admitting it, are characters that the player has grown attached to in a way. I think it could work out.

That said of course it's my opinion. I could work around this to create a new character with a base storyline that differs, but i'd very much like to replay Eli with new spins.

Offline Teitoku Ippan

• weeaboo faggot
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2014, 07:08:37 PM »
i grew attached to 522 and alfred mortimer, doesnt give me any reason to have them back as an exception

as i said, if you get your old character back as an exception, EVERYONE must be allowed to bring back their old characters from old hl2rp canon, but this is new canon, so new characters

you should change your name to something else

Offline Elions

• View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Eli Valerian\'s Character profile
« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2014, 07:10:07 PM »
i grew attached to 522 and alfred mortimer, doesnt give me any reason to have them back as an exception

as i said, if you get your old character back as an exception, EVERYONE must be allowed to bring back their old characters from old hl2rp canon, but this is new canon, so new characters

you should change your name to something else

See I have a little problem with that last part.

If I change the name, it's a very minimal change, but I'd still preffer to have the character proper with his actual name. Besides the fact that i'd have shown in this theoretical situation an entire re-write of the character, fitting the base of what he was to the new canon and making changes where it was required.

So I think the problem here is... You don't want people to outright just ask "Hey give me back my character." Which I COMPLETELY understand. But that's not what i'm doing. I'm presenting a re-worked and re-built character and asking "can I do this?" with good intentions rather than lazyness.

Post Auto-Merged: March 12, 2014, 07:13:56 AM
So I gave it some thought. And I came up with something

Something very interesting indeed that involves a new character but still some familiar stuff.

I'll post about that later today (writing right now from one of my uni's computers) For now, I'll just give you a quick lowdown of it

I'm gonna re-write Eli, yes. But i'm not gonna play him. And i'm gonna make sure the characters story is so different it won't conflict with the current server rules.

« Last Edit: March 12, 2014, 07:13:56 AM by Elions »

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal