Author Topic: [ACCEPTED] Desmond O'Reilly Green.'s Civil Authority Application  (Read 1276 times)

Offline EmperorDisasster

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Desmond O'Reilly Green.'s Civil Authority Application

OOC Name: EmperorDisaster

IC Character Name: Desmond O'Reilly Green.

1) Please write a minimum of 3 paragraphs OOC'ly detailing why your character wishes to join the Combine Civil Authority and what lead your character to do so.
Desmond feels as though his dark past could relate to a dark future, if he continues to provoke it from occurring again. He wants to show how the ordinary citizen who dismisses the Union can become a thing of the past. This way, he himself could promote the Union in the best possible way, becoming part of it. If he were to be accepted, Desmond would be sure to do his duty for the Union to make up for his past.

Secondly, Desmond feels, truly, as though it could be the only way forward. He'd hung about with the dangerous folk of City 45, and not once did he see the acts of heroes, but the acts of murderers and thieves. He now believes that most of the actions taken by the Union are strictly logical, and can sometimes be the only option in situations. So for reason 2, Desmond has decided to help, rather than hinder the Union.

Finally, Desmond would like to see a better standard of life. The UCH seems to only be filled with small, cramped apartments, that only cause him discomfort rather than comfort, meaning he never really feels as energetic as he could, although he is unaware of the chemicals preventing most of his energy. He is also aware of the vast amounts of tokens he could receive, which, once he becomes part of the Union, he could use to purchase shipments and items for the Union. Finally, Desmond wishes to join the CCA for the luxuries.

2) Please detail your characters traits. (Eg, Pure, Lawful, Trustworthy)
Strong-hearted, good-willed, trustworthy, honest, authoritative

3) Please provide 2 paragraphs about what you are expecting the Combine Civil Authority to be like for you and your character.
Well, I expect a whole new experience of RP from the CCA, as for a citizen, the RP is simple, which can be played as fearful, angered, or respectful of the Union. However, as a Unit, you are now part of the CCA, meaning an entirely new range of RP is introduced, such as a change in personality throughout promotions, a new usage of vocabulary and knowledge, and, a new profound respect of the Union, till the player is emerged into a complete hypnosis. The stage of complete hypnosis, however, would not be reached until the stage of an 01 at least, and even then I would probably just RP as a Union-loving CP rather than a completely dazed one. In all, I expect some very fun, new roleplay for myself.

As for my character, I think he could expect a new, and interesting standard of life. He has never thought of joining the CCA previously, and decided to out of complete impulse, meaning it could not be all he hopes for. Desmond sees the Union as a teacher, rather than a provoker of humankind, meaning that he could get along with the higher ranks just fine. As the promotions go along, Desmond could finally decide once and for all if the true side of the Union is what he wants to live with, or if he can no longer stand it. In all, it would be life-changing for him.

4) Please provide a detailed back-story from an out-of-character perspective on your applying character. This section must be detailed and consist of a minimum of 300 words.
Desmond Green: Aged 10. Desmond was sat at his computer desk, typing away onto Microsoft Word, claiming he could write a story. The computer was an old, Windows 98 model, which had been outdated for the current time. His family were not exactly the richest of people, nor did they live in a large city, acquiring currency so much that their pockets ached. He just lived in a simple village household, on a small Irish farmland, with his large family, and his small town. He was very good at IT stuff, and would often do things abnormally smart for his age. At the age of 11, Desmond managed to reboot his Grandmother's computer after a virus struck, simply by remembering to activate Norton, start a scan, and restart. It may have seemed infantile to normal people, but to his simpleton family, it was very good. By the age of 16, he'd passed his ICT GCSE with an A, he'd graduated from college with an A in his A level IT work. Finally, he'd decided to save up for a job in England, working in an IT department. Who needed university anyway? The prices were way too high. The IT department was an easy job, as half the time you were asked "How do I get it to turn on?" to which the reply was normally "Press the button." Desmond's skills were reasonable for the average IT expert, as in they weren't very expertise... He'd been able to code a website and create web pages for people, but half the time he was making websites for businesses that had been open for a few seconds. One day in the office, the ground rumbled, as blue lights tore through the sky hitting the ground below. No one was allowed to touch the light, as army camps were set up around it to strictly forbid trespassers. The lights messed up almost all electricity down below, meaning Desmond could no longer work at the IT centre. One day, as he came home, the skies tore open again, this time, with tiny ships fluttering out. Explosions tore the road ahead, as Desmond only just made it to his house. His family were running through the corn fields, running from the explosions, but just as Desmond was watching, he was hit over the head, causing him to fall. Someone had hit him with a baton like object, to which the field was lit up by the someone. The field burned away, as had his family. "You motherf-" was all Desmond could say, before a needle injected into him sent him to sleep.

Desmond sat in his apartment finishing his CCA application, folding the paper and placing it in his pocket. He sat and the chair, wondering... "What next?" He said...

5) Have you ever had a CCA character here at Catalyst Gaming?  If so, explain why it was removed.
During the RTLK days, and my noob days, I lied about not having 1 BM and it was removed.

OOC Details

1. How long have you played on role-playing servers in general?
Since April.

2. How long have you played on serious servers?
Since August.

3. How long have you played on Catalyst Gaming?
Since August.

4. What Time zone are you in?
GMT +0

5. In what country do you live?
England.

6. How old are you?
14 years old.

7. What�s your most memorable quality RP experience?
Well, a huge judgment waiver resulted in my char getting hit by 4 poisonous headcrabs, an antlion attack, misfire from a hunter, zombie attacks, and SURVIVING. I was absolutely gobsmacked.

8. Do you consider yourself a good listener?
I would really judge my RP itself, but I would say that every morsal of RP is precious, so RPers should use it wisely, such as eating RP, minor injury RP, the stuff that built up the CG Empire itself.

IC Section

Full Name: Desmond O'Reilly Green.
CID: 82989
Height: 5ft 7
Hair Colour Black
Eye Colour: Green and Blue (Heterochromia iridum)
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Weight: 137 Ilbs
Mental Distinctions: Pretty good IT knowledge.
Mental Defects: N/A
Mental Advantages: IQ of 132
Notable Qualities: Pretty strong, but not too burly.

1. Have you ever been detained or apprehended for a Sociostability Infringement before? If so, explain?
Once, a little accident where I'd been given a drink tainted with alcohol, and had beers placed into my pockets, rest assured the culprit was caught and dealt with in an appropriate manner.

2. Do you regularly eat Combine Civil Authority Issued Rations?
Yes, every time they are available.

3. Are you willing to give your life to the cause of the Universal Union?
Yes, the entirety of my life.

4. Do you as a Citizen and future Civil Protection Member accept ALL actions performed by you and those under your command as your OWN responsibility?
Yes, if I perform them they are of my own responsibility.

5. Will you remain loyal and faithful to the Universal Union as long as you live?
Yes, as long as I am a in the memories of those around me.

6. Why do you want to join the Combine Civil Authority?
Well, I see it as my duty to join the Union in a bonding which can only be made through the Civil Authority. I think it's the logical way forward in society, and I one day dream of a world where everyone can realize the Union are our brothers in arms, and stop joining these petty, squabbling groups, because they see them as revolutionizing. In all, I think I could finally light the way for citizens, and direct them into the great light that is the Union.

Please sign the attached oath using only blue or black pen.

I, Desmond O'Reilly Green. hereby swear my mind, body and soul to the Universal Union forever so long as I draw breath. I do so knowing that my actions will be held accountable to me and solely myself. I also declare my knowledge that as a Member of The Universal Union that I will be required to perform tasks above and beyond as well as perform ANY task ordered to by ANY commanding person(s). I hereby acknowledge the fact that as a Civil Protection Task-force Unit that I will be losing most, if not all, communication and or past relationship with anyone outside of the Universal Union's operational bounds.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2012, 04:31:52 PM by EmperorDisaster »
im bach

Offline Khub

• Board Moderator
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Desmond O'Reilly Green.'s Civil Authority Application
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2012, 12:28:44 AM »
UNIT: 050
DIVISION: VICE
CLEARANCE: OfC
Enter Password: ************

ACCESS GRANTED

Connecting to Network
Connecting...
Connecting...
Connecting...
CONNECTION ESTABLISHED

Applicant File Opened: <Desmond O'Reilly Green>
Citizen Identification Number: 82989

Acceptance status:
<::|| ACCEPTED FOR INTERVIEW ||::>

Civil Authority Status:
<::|| INTERVIEW PENDING ||::>

Saving Record...
Saving File...
Saving File...
Saving File...
File Saved

Disconnecting C45.CCA.VICE-OfC.050
Console Shut Down.
CONNECTION LOST

Offline Khub

• Board Moderator
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Desmond O'Reilly Green.'s Civil Authority Application
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2012, 01:35:39 PM »
UNIT: 050
DIVISION: VICE
CLEARANCE: OfC
Enter Password: ************

ACCESS GRANTED

Connecting to Network
Connecting...
Connecting...