Author Topic: Reviewing games.  (Read 8414 times)

Offline EmperorDisasster

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Reviewing games.
« on: April 29, 2012, 02:26:49 PM »
Basically, tell me about a game, if I've not played it, I shall do so and then give you a verdict, or, other people can review games mentioned in this thread.

To start off: Dead Island. 0/10

Why? Clunky arse controls, background seems better detailed than actual in-game models, every character follows the same storyline, so picking them on the basis of different stories is pointless, sometimes it seems to be really annoying with the RPG aspect shoved into it... In all, I kinda based my opinion from this:
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LSXu7FusSUk" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LSXu7FusSUk</a>
im bach

Offline Globey

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Reviewing games.
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2012, 03:00:21 PM »
Do DotA 2 - If you don't say that it's better than LoL or HoN, I might have to beat you! :D
C45.CCA.GRID-DvL.604 - Healthy - Executing citizens. Tally: 4
John Gatsby - Healthy - Celebrating, having detonated an explosive melon in front of two CA's

--------------------------
Cutlass, Sail and Cannon:
Ernest Cumberbatch, Port Royal, Governor. Governing.
John Gatsby, of the brigantine Brimstone. Amputating Limbs

Offline FPSRussia

• AUTISTIC FAGGOT WHORE
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2012, 03:46:49 PM »
Do the GTA games please, I love to read the commentary.
hello my name is Ryan Fournier. I am known on the internet as autism, and I like to pretend I am a little boy named Jamie Laou, a Justin Bieber look alike. I am not 18, so don't listen to me when I say I am. I'm roughly 13 years old.

Offline EmperorDisasster

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2012, 04:03:22 PM »
Do DotA 2 - If you don't say that it's better than LoL or HoN, I might have to beat you! :D

100% better than HoN or LoL, just for the fact that it seems more well developed than the other two, but what else could you expect from valve?

Do the GTA games please, I love to read the commentary.

Well, let's start from the beginning...

GTA: Created a new generation of gaming, showing how mocking pop culture and adding a load of boob jokes, swears and gore, can create a satirical genius. Although, the gangster aspect seemed downplayed in the first.

GTA II: Seemed a little too much like a copy and paste of 1, but more bits.

GTA III: Revolutionizing gaming once more, with the big switch to a HUGE 3D terrain, the gangster aspect anted up, and even more jokes galore, through comical radio channels, to an arsenal of weaponry at hand. Too bad the main protagonist suffered from Gordonfreeman syndrome.

GTA Vice City: Seems like III, only with chainsaws (<3), bikes (<3), shark attacks (<?) and even bigger terrain, not to mention the gangster storyline taking place further back than III, meaning the whole storyline could be made even bigger.

GTA SA: Jesus Christ, we are at fucking breakthrough levels here. GTA's new character customization mode means your actions can have consequences, or even benefits, with a full gangster feel, even more vehicles at your dispense, and some of the most hilarious radio stations to date (WCTR <3)

The "Stories" saga: Meh, just the above for PSP

GTA IV + DLC: And then we hit the top. GTA IV, with it's new euphoria engine, ragoll-izing enemies, allies, and even yourself, being able to drink till the screen gave the player the feeling of a drunken state, minigames such as bowling, the return of the girlfriend feature. And for the first time ever in GTA, multiple endings, proving Rockstar had reached their A-Game. What can you say about the DLC other than, as great as the original, with even cooler storylines.

GTA V?: From what I've seen in the trailer, this could be the biggest yet. Rumours circulate that one end of the map to the other is 1 hour long (HOLY SHI-), you'll play as multiple people throughout (HOOOOOLY SHIIII-) and we've already seen that we're back in San Andreas. Rockstar has showed us that you might be able to purchase property, get a job, BUY A FRIGGIN PET, have a kid, the whole fucking shabang... And it's all one year away FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-
im bach

Offline Uncle Dolan

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2012, 07:23:06 PM »
Bought dead island, played it through and wasn't too happy with the overall imbaness of deterioration of weapons. Could you review Diablo 3 when it comes out? :)

The Mysterious Stranger

« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2012, 08:45:11 PM »
 Half-Life 2 please? Would be appreciated if done.

Offline EmperorDisasster

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2012, 01:40:07 PM »
Half-Life 2 please? Would be appreciated if done.

Well, if we look at the evolution from Half Life 1 to 2, we now have Source Engine, revolutionizing Valve games for good, meaning dead characters ragdoll-ize, effects are anted up, and in all, the story has been boosted. All that remains now is

EPI-FUCKING-SODE 3.
im bach

Offline Mr Jive

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2012, 03:39:25 PM »
GTA V?: From what I've seen in the trailer, this could be the biggest yet. Rumours circulate that one end of the map to the other is 1 hour long (HOLY SHI-)

hehe I couldn't help but remember that Daggerfall was famous for being the equivalent size of Great Britain and took just as long to walk from one end to the other. Still there is good reason why games aren't that big anymore.

Your doing some great reviews so far :D, felt a little harsh on Dead Island, but I suppose you are more inclined to like a game if you got it for free :P

Keep up the good work and I will try to think of something for you too review  ;)
OCRP IC name: Rudy Smith

Offline wag1

• somalian dry
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2012, 03:54:54 PM »
Alright, here we go.

I've been into Minecraft a lot lately so... Uh... Go ahead and do that.

Elder Scrolls: Morrowind. Go.

Offline FPSRussia

• AUTISTIC FAGGOT WHORE
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2012, 03:57:28 PM »
Oh YES! I loved Morrowind.. great story line.
hello my name is Ryan Fournier. I am known on the internet as autism, and I like to pretend I am a little boy named Jamie Laou, a Justin Bieber look alike. I am not 18, so don't listen to me when I say I am. I'm roughly 13 years old.

Offline wag1

• somalian dry
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2012, 08:07:10 PM »

Morrowind had a horrible story line.

It was all over the place, and unless you knew the lore you would not like to play it, not only that, but the steep learning curve of the RP type and combat was also shit, so I really doubt you played it and loved it :/

Anyways, I also have to put on Sniper Elite demo.

Offline kronik

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Lottery Winner [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2012, 08:19:35 PM »
they are all good in different ways

also do gears of war, all three of them if you can; if not, just do gears 1

Offline FPSRussia

• AUTISTIC FAGGOT WHORE
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2012, 08:51:22 PM »

Morrowind had a horrible story line.

It was all over the place, and unless you knew the lore you would not like to play it, not only that, but the steep learning curve of the RP type and combat was also shit, so I really doubt you played it and loved it :/

Anyways, I also have to put on Sniper Elite demo.

No! I played all the ones before it as well. I really love Elder Scrolls, has a great story line. The Lore is something that is like canon, you need to know it to understand the game.

Offline EmperorDisasster

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2012, 11:38:28 AM »
Sorry there haven't been replies, I haven't been looking at this for a while :3. Anywho:

Alright, here we go.

I've been into Minecraft a lot lately so... Uh... Go ahead and do that.

What can I say? Open world, endless mobs, a never-ending game fun for any casual and/or pro-gamer. Now all we need is a tutorial, that would sort a lot of issues out.

Elder Scrolls: Morrowind. Go.

Meh, pretty good, awful storyline, could not follow along. For any player, I'd say do side quests if you want to stay hooked, because the story can lead you away, slightly. Or, just wait two more Elder Scrolls games until we get the best one :D

also do gears of war, all three of them if you can; if not, just do gears 1

1: We've started off well, pretty good game, nice graphics, a little bit too much of "ALPHA-MALE STRONGMEN RAAAAAAAAAAAAAWR"

2: Kinda the same as the first, okay in general, graphics seem to be the same, good story, meh in general.

3: Like ^ but underground, kind of overrated, graphics seem to just be same as ^ but darker. Meh.

In all: Meh.

Now for a non-requested one, a rather hated game (I have no idea why) the Black Ops series.

Black Ops 1: Different from Call of Duty in the the most fucking amazing ways, more fun multiplayer, RETURN OF ZOMBIES :D :D :D, tries to cover up the secrets of government by entwining with a complex storyline, but still fun none the less. Hated by fans, although because "whaaaa, y r teh grafiks liek leego D: D: D: i h8 diz gaem, u gow 2 hel" which is stupid considering this:

Is pretty fucking beautifully detailed. People need to get a grip really and realize games are for having fun playing, not winging on about graphics.

Black Ops 2: It got a sequel?! SCHWEET!!! Looks like a fucking monster of an improvement from the Modern Warfare series, and why? Originality in every game:

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x3tedlWs1XY" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x3tedlWs1XY</a>

Yet surprisingly, more hate is given... why, gimmie a G gimmie an R gimmie an A gimmie a P gimmie an H gimmie an I gimmie a C gimmie an S. What does that spell? Grow a fucking pair people. Just because we don't have gruntled Russian voices and British SAS units doesn't mean this game will suck. And rumour has it... It's an entire zombie campaign.
im bach

Offline Mr Jive

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2012, 11:50:07 AM »
I thought the black ops campaign was a tiny bit better then the other ones but I'm not a big fan of the series anyway :P
Mainly because (And this is sad) if you like your history and you play the Call of duty games it pisses you off how inaccurate it is. For example mw1 + 2 + 3 could not, and would not ever happen for sooooo many reasons. In the black ops campaign you casually stroll into a Russian military base or some shit in a cold place (I wasn't paying attention) and kill everyone, destroy the place and trip alarms etc. Stuff like this didn't happen in the cold war. For example during the cold war a spy plane crashed in Soviet territory - he was put on trial and America was ridiculed for doing it? Do you honestly think America could get away with invading a Russian satellite base (Or whatever it was)?

Still it terms of game-play it was pretty fun, the multilayer was sort of the same as it normally is but the zombies were excellent as per usual AND apparently black ops 2 will have 8 player zombies :D

Oh and also it was kinda weird that you played Americans in the Vietnam war. While I'm here to a review of skyrim, you seemed to be going somewhere with that and I want to hear m0ar :D
OCRP IC name: Rudy Smith

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal