Author Topic: Neyo "Shadow" Dailong's Authorisation Application  (Read 1435 times)

Offline EmperorDisasster

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Neyo "Shadow" Dailong's Authorisation Application
« on: March 31, 2012, 04:52:02 PM »
Player Section

Steam Name: EmperorDisaster
How long have you been Roleplaying? (can be any game): Since April.
How long have you been playing Serious GMod RP?: Since August.

Character Section

Authorization(s):
- A character with a leather jacket, jeans, sports shoes & sock, a bandana, a white t-shirt, Calvin Klein underwear and angelic symbols scarred all over his body. (RPed)
- An asthma pump (running low), and being an asthmatic.
- A katana and holster (RPed)
- Semi-Advanced Swordsman skills.
- Rosary beads.
- Basic blacksmith skills.
- Survival skills. (Able to make basic campfires with sticks, leave etc. Can hunt for own food.)
- Basic parkour skills.
- Has miscerephobia (a newly designed phobia by himself "Combine-phobia")
- A small green backpack, similar to this (sorry about Adfly)
- A small pair of reading glasses and a pocket journal with a pen.
- CQC Skills.

Name: Neyo "Shadow" Dailong
Affiliation: Resistance

Write a detailed in-canon back-story how your character obtained these authorizations.
It was in the deep regions of the Mongolian mountains that a child was carried, in the simple remains of what was incontestably a picnic basket. The man carrying this was wearing as much cloth as he possibly could to prevent him from freezing to death in the frigid environment. He looked to be at an almost antediluvian age, perhaps opening the door to why this man was ready to renounce this child. The withering man placed the basket down into the snow, in front of a rather large temple, with messianic symbols placed all around it, barbed wire fences guarding it, and a small bell miles from it, where any normal man would ring to alert the residencies. Instead, this man knocked on the sliding door, placing a note written in the ancient language of Japanese. The door slid open with two monks holding shurikens at the ready, when they noticed a men laying dead on the floor, after committing "seppuku". The sword was a red-handled katana, with symbols of the devil carved into the blade end upward. The child lay crying in the basket, the father's blood dripped onto it, some even going into his mouth. The baby had black, short hair, squinted eyes, and blue eyes, almost the same color as the sky. He had a tag with his name written on, but it had washed away due to the frequent snowdrops and blood, but the pen could just be made out into the word, "Shadow". The child was taken in as one monk took a pen knife out. They spoke in their native language, in such words of complexity, that nearly no man could understand it. "What do you plan to do with him?" the knife-wielding monk spoke. "Keep him... we need a new pet after all... give him his mark." As they took the child inside, he was wrapped with towels, placed on a sacrificial table, and placed on his front. The child cried as it felt the pain of a thousand needles in its spine, as the monks carved a word into its back. As they washed the blood, one word could be made out, as it said, "Shadow"...

10 years later, and the child was covered in scars now, all angelic symbols, used every time the monks considered the child had been sinning. When the child came close to death, blood transfusions were made from sacrifices, in order to keep him alive. They wanted to train him up until adulthood, to which they would then use him as an army... Their plan was to use him to kill the other villages below, and to take control of the entire rural area. He was given katana classes, which he always used his father's katana, deflecting the monk's blades or leaving a dummy with only its stand left. He was very good... but no way near advanced, as when it came to battling the other monks, he'd only killed 5 of the 15 he had faced. He now grew up with odd, naturally spiky hair, darker blue eyes, and near to 100 symbols around him. In the middle of his CQC lesson, out of the thirty he'd previously had, the sensei halted him for a second. Prior to his distraction, the sensei roundhouse kicked Shadow in his head, causing him to fall and sob. The sensei spoke in a gruff voice, in Japanese. "Shadow... you show the sin of failure through your actions. Father Denskei will take you to be healed." Healed... it was the term they used that meant, "Shadow, prepare to be scarred for the rest of your life... because it pleases us." The needles felt like nothing anymore... not after the pain he'd already been through. His father was dead, his mother had apparently hung herself after hearing of the abandoning of her child and husband. He'd nothing to go on for, other than vengeance. But it was a question of when... When could he... kill them all.

Soon after the escapades, it was Shadow's birthday, and the monks had news... good and bad. Shadow had 99 more scars than before... His CQC lessons earned him an almost full level, but today was his last lesson. His katana skills had improved vastly, but not to that of the skill of a ninja. His skills were only at the level, probably, of a normal athlete. His last lesson ended successfully, meaning the monks were ready for what they called, his inauguration. They placed him on the sacrificial table and held a metal bowl up high and lowered it to reveal leeches. They yet again spoke in Japanese for the sake of Shadow. "The leeches will clean all sins, and drain them... if you survive the process, you are a magnificent specimen... if not... Then we shall require new pets..." He said, before showing him some paper. "Little one, we had this delivered... your original birth documents. We had agreed that your last sight should be that of your real name." Shadow observed the paper, sitting up from the table and speaking back to the other monks. "Sensei... I apologize... I called someone today, on my walk." the monk looked distressed. "Impossible, the other two monks were with you." "Were, in the sense that... they're dead." Shadow said, as his katana lay in the corner soaked in blood. Suddenly the roof shattered, SWAT teams opening fire on all but the child. Shadow lay on the table as blood flew and bullets riddled the air. A SWAT member walked to the child, close to vomiting. He spoke in a smooth voice, in Mongolian. "We have the child... oh my God... what have they done to him?" He said, vomiting on the floor. Several other officers looked in disgust before they tried to speak fractured Japanese. "You, name boy?" Shadow looked at them, smiling at last, as tears streamed down his eyes. "Neyo... Neyo Dailong."

A while later, Neyo made it back into what he called life. He got a degree in construction after 4 years of studying at Japanese universities. He then managed to obtain several careers in smithing jewellery for others. He moved from Japan, to France. In France, the local children taught him some parkour, but he never saw them again after one lesson. Luckily, he got the gist of jumping off walls repeatedly to reach rooftops, jumping over obstacles and creating paths for himself with whatever was around. But just as they told him the really cool stuff was ready to be learned, a local officer chased them off. After 3 years of smithing in France, Neyo went back to Japan, and decided to retire at a ripe age. His one flaw in his life was his asthma he'd obtained from living in the smoky temples for years. He often needed boosts from his asthma pump. One day, Neyo was camping out in the woods, prepared with a bandana over his face to block campfire smoke, his sports shoes, his rosary necklace (which really gave him the nerve to go on), leather jacket, white shirt, socks and jeans to look... good, and his katana for hunting. Luckily he'd never told anyone about his sword, which he'd nicknamed "Shadow", after his own nickname. Suddenly, the ground rumbled, the sky ruptured, and billions of dots sprawled everywhere. Neyo had to run, it was his only option. He saw a mountain area in the distance, which he could use for cover. He sprinted down, taking his backpack containing only his asthma pump. Eventually, he reached an abandoned city after several hours of running. It had been bombarded by the looks of it. Neyo was intrigued, yet confused. No one was there... until a flash. A white uniformed soldier tossed a small flashbang, rendering him blind. Neyo took out his sword and swerved it around, almost like a child with a sword. The tip skimmed the unit's chest, causing him to scream and sprint into the distance shouting "Outbreak, outbreak, outbreak! Unit in distress, returning to temporary HQ!" The beeps of its uniform silenced, as Neyo lay on the ground of the abandoned town, blinded. Suddenly, a woman ran to him, although he could hear nothing other than screeches. Neyo slid his katana into his back-holster. He could hear few word. "Can you hear me? I have a stretcher and a car, I can take you to this place I went to as a kid!" She screamed. Neyo heard almost none of it. Her name was Stacy, she had 3 kids, Beth, Kate and Dave, all sitting in the back of a small pick up truck. Neyo ignored her really, he just slept in the car. One day, Neyo tried to read a magazine in the car, but he could see nothing. "Need some help? I got my pa's old pair." She said, handing him some old glasses. Neyo peaked through them, suddenly seeing everything in a higher definition. "7 hours: The day the earth stood defenseless." It said. Neyo had had everything explained to him on the journey. But only what few friends had heard. Cities set up, suppression of reproduction, alien life forms and... combine. Since Neyo knew Mongolian, Japanese and English, he'd figured he'd study some Latin, but he could only remember one word from his dictionary... miscere... it meant "combine". He guessed he had a new fear other than spiders, needles and monks. Neyo found out that the flashbang semi-detached his retinas, leaving him blind when it came to reading. He took a quick breath from his pump before a sudden realization. The pump had the equivalent of 5 pumps left. Neyo could die, so he set a system up. Only use it in extreme cases so no using it in being scared, being angered or going near smoke. After days, they made it to a small tunnel which went into a large city. Sarah dropped Neyo out of the truck for a second as they reached the tunnel. "I'm just gonna see if the entrance is clear ahead, okay?" "Sure..." As she drove ahead, Neyo noticed a small coathanger clipped to the truck. "Pfft," he though "what harm could it really do?" Suddenly, a large explosion sounded, as the tunnel erupted with fire. The coat hanger caused sparks with fell into the tailpipe, exploding near a gas tanker. "Oh shit no!" Neyo screamed, but he ran ahead to find burnt corpses and rubble. "Fuck fuck fuck!" He yelled. He noticed a small, burnt booklet and pen just under the truck, which the label "What me mommy, Beth and Dave will do after our road trip", it said. A crudely drawn family were labelled underneath, and Neyo saw himself... Kate saw him as a friend... But it was too late for her. Suddenly, he saw a light. A light at the end of a long tunnel. He walked toward it... he got further and further. Suddenly, the light disappeared, and he saw-

What will these authorizations give your character in regards to perks or defects?
Perks
- Good defense.
- Good in combat.
- Can get around faster and can reach spots that are harder to reach for others.
- Kept alive with pump.
- Can supply things with his bag.
- Can note things down.
- Can read with his glasses.
- Can practice his religion freely.
- Could make little crafty items, but not advanced ones.

Defects
- Asthmatic + Running low on pump = almost imminent death
- He would only use the katana in defense.
- Not exactly an expert with it.
- Afraid of anyone related to the combine.
- Parkour skills are petty.
- Can't make many useful things.
- Nothing to store at the moment.
- Afraid of a lot of things.
- Can't see too well.
- Stands out a lot, so he is easily spotted.
- His scars lead people away.

What do you plan to do with these perks/defects?
Well, I wanted the character with the stereotypical look of being a badass, but he himself knows he's not. He could die at any second, he's afraid of any OTA unit passing by, and he only ever attacks in defense. Also, I think this character could really reel people back into Outlands with some Passive RP.

Will anyone else need these auths? (If so, list OOC and IC name(s))
Nope.

Which server does this apply for?
Outlands

Extra Notes (optional):
Hope you consider me.

EDIT: Just removed a dot that gave me slight OCD with the title.
EDIT 2: Title is fucked up, fixing.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2012, 05:32:50 AM by EmperorDisaster »
im bach

Offline EmperorDisasster

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Neyo "Shadow" Dailong's Authorisation Application
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2012, 05:08:40 PM »
I apoligise for double post but:

-BUMP-

As it has been 24 hours and I've had not one response, and I don't want this to get abandoned.
im bach

Offline wag1

• somalian dry
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Neyo "Shadow" Dailong's Authorisation Application
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2012, 10:07:21 PM »
Read it, it's pretty good. I think it'll be a unique RP.

I know your RP, more then good. Accepted.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal