Author Topic: Dirty Journal "John White" (Found: Train - City 15 to City 45)  (Read 1284 times)

Offline Saints Sasha

• View Profile
    • Awards
Journal of John White

*The writing is in pen and pencil.*

My name is John White and my Citizen ID is #76951. I live in City 15, District 9-B - Block 27-A (A-25). If you are reading this I either lost my Journal along the way or... I'm dead.

19-11-15, Wednesday. 7:05

I was awoken up by a loud banging on a door... not ours' fortunately. Civil-Protection... searching one of the apartments for no reason, again.

19-11-15, Wednesday. 8:36

The apartment was as cold as an iceberg, we had to wear U.U. issued Coats and Boots inside. I took a quick look outside, through the window, very small snow flakes were slowly griding through the air towards the ground, lightly hitting it. Roofs, roads, sidewalks, tree branches, and the APC outside of our building were covered in white and shinning snow, the reflecting light almost blinded you...

19-11-15, Wednesday. 9:09

I turned the sink valve both ways, hoping water would come out, but it didn't, like always. I want to the kitchen to get some clean water that my good friend gifted me few days ago. As I stepped in, I saw Sylwia sitting at the table, her dirty blonde hair covering her forehead, her deep blue eyes focused outside at something not known to me, and she seemed not to notice me walk in. I slightly hesitated to speak, but my voice broke through, "Hey...", I said. She slowly turned her head to me, speaking with her soft Eastern European accent (Polish), "Hm? Oh, hello.", she replied and turned back to the window. She deeply exhaled and turned to me, opening her mouth again, "Still planning to get out of Town?", she told me in a sad tone. I grabbed the water bottle, unscrewing the cap as I spoke, "Ye-", I stopped myself and spoke again, "Well, not any time soon... not in this weather.", I lifted the bottle to my dry lips and drank the water like it was my first time in ten years.  She sighted even more deeply, speaking again, "Rations... are today...", she looked me in the eyes as she said that. I spoke and felt and angry tone in my voice, "We aren't eating that crap today...", I lowered my tone, "I'm getting us some real food tonight, okay?", I felt my self breathing fast. A quick smile ran across her face, for just a second, "Okay.", she told me. I put the bottle on the table next to her, "Drink that, stay inside, everything is going to be fine. I'll be back in few hours.", I told her as I walked out, looking over my shoulder at her. I knew I would have to hurry to make it on time... to a meeting...
-Half-Life 2 Characters-

C45.CCA.S1-RCT.226

UU.COTA-THETA.OWR.23988

C45.CCA.JURY-05.034

John White

Stephen Jackson (Tier-2 Bus.)

Offline Saints Sasha

• View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Dirty Journal "John White" (Found: Train - City 15 to City 45)
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2012, 09:31:40 PM »
 19-11-15   9:47

I quickly stepped through the doorway, and walked through the hallway with concrete walls with few U.U. propaganda posters. I live on the eighth floor, so it took few minutes to get downstairs. As I walked out into the cold,  my cheeks and palms went numb. I quickly walked through the alley, snow crunching under my feet.  As the snow got on my face and melted it felt like cold sweat on my face, I looked over to the APC as I got out on the road, it had no one around it and seemed to be never used. The streets were empty, it felt like I was the last man on Earth. Suddenly I heard swearing and yelling come from the direction of District 8 Hardpoint, I kept walking and thinking if I should continue on towards that Hardpoint.  As I got closer to the Hardpoint I could make out dark shapes of three Civil-Protection units trying to arrest two guys... When I got to the checkpoint I tried not to look at the group, but as I slightly glanced at them I saw one of the units beating the life out of the skinny guy, I felt anger go through my stomach and chest, but I couldn't do anything...  I kept walking towards the Hardpoint, I slid my C.I.D. card out of my pocket, showing it to the camera on top of the Hardpoint, the forcefield visibly became weaker, letting me pass to District 8.

I knew there was a shortcut through the train tunnel and the Canals. I didn't know if I wanted to take the risk of getting caught in the restricted area, so I kept walking down the empty side walk.  I heard an APC  coming from somewhere ahead of me, very fast too. Then I heard loud gun shots ring out and echo through the city, again, they seemed very close to me. I stopped myself, but decided to keep walking. Suddenly the APC slided towards an alley in front of me, blocking most of it off. That's when I stopped walking completely, staring at the APC and the units getting out of it, with their pistols ready. I heard more gunshots echo through the city, almost making me deaf. Then about 3 automatic shots rang out with a loud explosion cutting all the sound off. I grabbed my ears in pain, realizing I could not hear anything, then my ears started to ring with terrible pain. I could hear every breath I took, but then the sound started to get louder and louder very slowly. I don't know why, but I ran towards the alley, I smelled gasoline burning. As I got closer to the alley, out of nowhere, a man knocked me down to the side walk. I grunted as I hit the concrete sidewalk, I looked up to see a scared man running towards the Hardpoint as fast as he could, he also seemed to have a large wet spot on the back of his shirt. I was very confused, but managed to get myself up. I stepped over to the alley, taking a quick peek around the corner. All I saw is fire... black smoke, and few metal debris all over the floor. What I didn't realize at first, is that that alley was the only way to get to the train tunnel, and I was running late. I knew the backup units would be here soon and being the only man alive around would be very bad. I stepped around the corner, observing the fire. I saw a place where I could get around the fire, but I also saw human legs sticking out from the fire, the top part of its' pants burning. I realized it was a unit by the boots and the lower part of the pants. I took a deep breath quickly walking towards the open gap that I could get through. I realized how hot the fire was, I started sweating and taking in deeper breath. Then I made my mind up and ran through the gap, hoping my coat didn't catch the fire. I was looking over my shoulder as I ran across, but the something big on the ground tripped me, I fell on my elbows hitting them so hard they went numb for a second. Then I turned my head to see a unit laying next to me, slightly moving. I felt that I was laying on something warm, I looked down to see a pool of blood. I went into a quick shock, but quickly get back on my feet, as I was about to leave I noticed there was a pistol next to the unit, I looked back to make sure no units have arrived yet. As I kneeled down to get the pistol, a loud female voice echoed through the streets, making me jump to my feet, "Attention all Ground Units. Anti-Citizen confirmed in this Block. Code reminder, ZERO - STABILIZE - AMPUTATE." I heard another APC  getting closer fast, I quickly grabbed the pistol, rushing towards the door at the end of the alley, which was surprisingly open. I ran in, feeling my heart beat, and feeling my breath get very heavy. I got slightly disorientated in the dark at first, but I saw the right door and ran towards it. I ran down the hallway leading to the train tunnel, I gripped the pistol into my fist as hard as I could running and hoping nothing or nobody saw me.
-Half-Life 2 Characters-

C45.CCA.S1-RCT.226

UU.COTA-THETA.OWR.23988

C45.CCA.JURY-05.034

John White

Offline Saints Sasha

• View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Dirty Journal "John White" (Found: Train - City 15 to City 45)
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2012, 09:46:28 PM »
 19-11-15    10:56

When I got to the tunnel I started to calm down and thinking about what just happened. I looked at the pistol in my hand I thought to myself, " What the fuck did I just do...", as I exhaled very deeply. I started speaking to my self out loud quietly, "Well, what am I going to do now?", I got the magazine out and looked to see how many bullets it had, "Only five left...". I slapped the magazine back in, stuffing the pistol into the side of my pants, I looked towards the light and started walking. I could hear APC alarm echo through the city and frequent "Female Voice" messages. I was hoping that the units was dead and didn't see me... I took a deep breath, placing my coat over the pistol. As I walked out of the tunnel I was blinded by the light, I looked around and could see the building where I was heading to. I realized that I was probably very late, so I ran as fast as I could, but then I heard a chopper approaching me. I quickly slid down to the canals, and hid inside one of the sewer pipers. I saw the chopper pass over me, I realized that I got my self in a lot of shit, I stuck my head out to make sure no one was watching me and I got out. I walked towards the ladder and climbed up. It looked like about 500 feet to the building so I just quickly walked. Then the female voice announced a Community Inspection in District 8, but luckily I was heading to District 11. Then I heard vocoded voices talking, I looked up to see two units walking above me, I quickly jumped towards the wall, hoping they didn't notice me.

I realized it would not be easy getting to that building easy, anymore. I knew the sewer system had an exit on every street, but I would probably need a map for that. I went in anyways, the only light that I had was the light from the openings on the streets into the sewer. As I looked on the wall next to one of the opening, I saw a sing, "District 11, Block 3-E.", but I didn't know the exact block I had to go to. I heard a train passing in the distance, I very quietly climbed up the ladder, took a quick peek outside, it was clear. I slowly lifted the hatch and climbed out, closing in it very carefully. I looked around to find myself in a very enclosed street, I was lost. I only knew I was in District 11, but where? I thought if I got on a higher area, like a roof, I could see my location better. I walked to the closest apartment building, it looked about 9 floors high. I walked into the quite building, but it was way too empty. The ceiling and the walls had giant holes in them, was this place abandoned? I quickly jogged up the stairs and got to the roof entrance, I was exhausted when I got up. I found out that the door was locked with a Bio-lock, I was about to scream, but I knew it was better not to. I quickly jogged down the stairs, suddenly the wooden floor under me cracked loudly and broke under my feet, I hit the floor under me, and I'm sure I broke something. Luckily I could still walk, then and idea came up to me. I went back upstairs to the 9th floor, all the apartment doors were open, I walked into one and took a look out of the window, I quickly spotted the building where I was going to...
-Half-Life 2 Characters-

C45.CCA.S1-RCT.226

UU.COTA-THETA.OWR.23988

C45.CCA.JURY-05.034

John White

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal