Author Topic: Vincent "Khârn" Curze's Authorization Application  (Read 5921 times)

Offline Pielolz

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Vincent "Khârn" Curze's Authorization Application
« on: April 19, 2012, 03:23:26 PM »
Player Section

Steam Name: [CG] Renegade Awesome
How long have you been Roleplaying? (can be any game): 4-5 years
How long have you been playing Serious GMod RP?: 2 years

Character Section

Authorization(s):
A close combat knife and matching sheath.

Detailed close combat knowledge.

Detailed knowledge of the *None existant* nuclear project, Firestorm.

Name: Vincent "Khârn" Curze.
Affiliation: Rebellion

Write a detailed in-canon back-story how your character obtained these authorizations.
Prior to the war, he was a highly praised Martial Arts expert. He could hit a match stick out at a 100 yards with a throwing knife. He was a thrice blackbelt, and he even taut Martial Arts in Japan and Korea. He had taken an especial liking to the Arts when he was a kid, and he practiced them day and night. He never missed training or a match. The knife, was a gift from his father, it was an old design similar to ancient Middle Eastern designs. The knife is old, so it isn't as sharp as it once was.

The Match:

Vincent stepped into the ring. And bowed to his opponent, a dirty blonde hair teenager. This would be easy he thought. "Fight!" the ref called. His opponent settled into a defensive fighting stance, and suddenly lunched at Vincent. Vincent brought his knee up to is opponent's chin, and seconds later lashing out his leg in a brutal front snap kick, landing solidly on his opponent's chest. With a loud "oomph!" he hit the ground. "Winner!" The ref called. "Next one!" A huge, burly kid, easily thrice the size of Vincent stepped into the ring. They bowed. "FIGHT!" Vincent lashed out, landing multiple blows onto the giant's chest. No response at all. He ducked in time, under the cumbersome strike. Yes, Vincent's agility will be vital. He got to the edge of the ring and ran at him, jumping onto the man's chest, and scrambling onto his back, punching his neck. He pushed his weight forward and over balanced him. They both hit the ground with a thud. "Winner." The ref declared. "Armed combat." The ref declared, and a knife and nun chucks were tossed out. He picked up the knife, his new opponent picked up the chucks. He smiled, he was expertly skilled in the art of the blade. Once the round started, he dived in under the enemy, he lashed his blade, digging into the wood of the nunchuck, then he pulled, yanking them out of his enemy's hand. He flicked his wrist, a small cut on the enemy's chest.

After the fight, his father handed him a curved blade with a sturdy handle. It was finely crafted. "Here, this will be yours, forever. Don't loose it." "Yes sir." Curze took the knife and smilled, he sheathed it into his jacket pocket. And once the Combine began raining firey hell from the sky, he knew, this knife would be life or death.

But before the Seven Hour War,  he was walking through the halls of the Pentagon, his black shades on, matching his matt black suite.
Spoiler for Hiden: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-58-36lSqG4 He felt the re-assuring weight of his Colt M1911 in his jacket holster. He turned a corner, swiped his card on the door and walked in. Shutting it behind him, saying respectfully "Mister President." And Bill Clinton nodded. "Gentlemen, I propose to you, operation Firestorm. A nuclear missile net which can defend our great nation at a moment's notice. The sites will be in these strategic locations, Nevada, Arizona, California, Florida, Boston, New Jersey, Michigan, Texas and some in foreign countries, the Russians have allowed a site their too. Gentlemen, you are to ensure that your true identities are to be destroyed. Here are your files.." And he slid each agent's file to them, no other copy could be found. "Do as you wish with them, but make sure they do not fall into enemy hands. Agent Curze, goto the site in Russia, a plan is waiting for you, more in the file." "Yes sir." and he got up and left.

After several years in Russia, the Seven Hour war came to be. The sirens blared inside the bunker of the nuclear facility "We're under attack!" An agent said, but Curze was incharge, he pressed the button "FACILITY WIDE ANNOUNCEMENT" He yelled into it "All staff, to arms, we are under attack, perimeter is breached! Destroy the files." He took his own file, his info could not be found anywhere else, and took out his lighter, and burned it. He let it burn on the floor. He drew his pistol as the door exploded, an alien charged in "Grah!" He yelled and pumped a mag into it's face. It's head burst and it fell to the floor. He took his identity, his military identity, and burned that too. He reloaded his pistol, and fleed out the emergency escape tunnel. He was in the mountains, and he began tunning, when he felt a sharp pain in his back, and he fell, turning over, to see a combine soldier above him. He dropped his pistol and said "I surrender!" And a boot came down onto his face.

He was in a blue jumpsuit, on a train. To where, he didn't know. All he did know, is he still had his trusty knife.

He wandered into D6, and saw a caravan of people, they told him "We are leaving the city." And he went with them

Now he is utterly lost in the outlands outside of C45, with nothing but a knife.

What will these authorizations give your character in regards to perks or defects?
Perks
+ A knife

+ Expert CQC training

+ Detailed knowledge on the Nuclear program Operation Firestorm.

Defects

- Can fly into a berserker rage at any moment, slaying friend and foe alike.

- Has no record of his past

- Mentally ill.

- Knife will need frequent sharpening

What do you plan to do with these perks/defects?
For pretty intresting RP, talking about Firestorm, and self defense.

Will anyone else need these auths? (If so, list OOC and IC name(s))
N/A

Which server does this apply for?
Outlands

Extra Notes (optional):
« Last Edit: April 19, 2012, 08:48:33 PM by {BW-O} Renegade Awesome »

Offline wag1

• somalian dry
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Vincent "Khârn" Curze's Authorization Application
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2012, 09:15:19 PM »
I like it, although there are a few issues. I'll wait for other administrators opinions on it. Anyways, if I end up accepting it, I'll put these restrictions on it:

-Not expert CQC training, only a above average skill.

-The knife is very dull, and is in need of sharpening. It'll take some looking around to find the proper items to sharpen it. It'll also require you to sharpen it often after that, too.

« Last Edit: April 22, 2012, 01:56:23 PM by bluff :D »

Offline Pielolz

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2012, 09:27:46 PM »
Actually, a wet stone is more then adequate to sharpen it.

Offline garry :D

• ~I LOVE a boat~
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2012, 02:01:12 AM »
I find it strange that a person is attacked by ground unit of the Combine invasion force outside of a military bunker (nuclear in nature, no less) and manages to avoid being classed as one of the military staff members.

Offline ?AG-CL? Sheo

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2012, 03:50:47 AM »
http://warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/Kh%C3%A2rn_the_Betrayer

"Khârn is one of the most deadly yet unstable melee fighters in the galaxy and he is just as likely to attack his own allies in a berserk fury as he is the enemy."

no.

You took this character, his abilities, and his deficiencies straight from 40K. Hell, even his NAME. Not what I would call creative.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2012, 03:54:13 AM by Sheo »

Offline Pielolz

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2012, 11:48:48 AM »
http://warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/Kh%C3%A2rn_the_Betrayer

"Khârn is one of the most deadly yet unstable melee fighters in the galaxy and he is just as likely to attack his own allies in a berserk fury as he is the enemy."

no.

You took this character, his abilities, and his deficiencies straight from 40K. Hell, even his NAME. Not what I would call creative.

"Khârn" Is 'Betrayer' in Arabic. Read the application and you will see why I chose "Khârn".

Offline ?AG-CL? Sheo

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2012, 04:46:46 PM »
You have a quote from 40K in your signature. You can't expect me to believe this is all some sort of freak coincidence. I'm not that gullible.

Offline Pielolz

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2012, 07:27:34 PM »
You have a quote from 40K in your signature. You can't expect me to believe this is all some sort of freak coincidence. I'm not that gullible.

Gtfo out of my application? I like the genre, d/w it.

« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2012, 07:45:16 PM »
Coming from some one whose thrown quite a few knifes in his days its physically impossible to hit a match stick at a hundred yards? hell most guns can't even do that and we're expected to believe that you some how can do that with a knife?

Secondly this isn't the first time you've copied some thing out of War Hammer Renegade.

Thirdly you make it seem like you were in charge of a nuclear bunker/had clearance to talk to the president that would have been the people hunted down FIRST due to the fact they might be able to launch those missiles.

Overall I think this proves that you haven't changed one bit since you first joined.
1:23 PM - Pvt. Emory[113thCav]: I think 604 is a cat :3

2:07 PM - Juggernaut: Monkey with a gun
2:07 PM - Juggernaut: + Chunkeymonkey79
2:07 PM - Juggernaut: =
2:07 PM - Juggernaut: CHUNKYMONKEY WITH A GUN69
2:07 PM - chunkeymonkey79: YOU SIR ARE GOD

9:52 PM - Rory Phelps: gosh god damnit fuck my ass

Offline garry :D

• ~I LOVE a boat~
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2012, 02:52:04 PM »
Sorry but I won't be supporting entailing something which allows a person to
hit a match stick out at a 100 yards with a throwing knife.

Offline Pielolz

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2012, 05:18:52 PM »
Sorry but I won't be supporting entailing something which allows a person to
hit a match stick out at a 100 yards with a throwing knife.
It twas an exaggeration.

Offline EmperorDisasster

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2012, 08:01:27 AM »
It twas an exaggeration.

...so why post it in the first place? You really have not changed at all since you apologised, your char is overpowered (and copied from 40k... ffs) and you still criticise others rather than dealing with this application in the first place.

If I were admin, this would already be denied on that basis.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2012, 08:06:20 AM by EmperorDisaster »
im bach

Offline Krisrules

• notice me senpai~~
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2012, 08:30:47 AM »
Users need to stop targeting renegade about his application, your random posts don't help the application process so please stop.

For the authorization, the throwing knife at ridiculous distance bit was a bit OP, and anyone with knowledge or even close to someone with knowledge does seem a target that would be removed quite quickly during the invasion.

+ I don't understand why you'd want knowledge of a nuclear project thats *non existant* unless i've misread something, + unless its something already in the canon then its almost like your forcing this new non existent nuclear project on everyone else

In conclusion

+Support for a knife
+Support for above average CQC
-Neutral for the knowledge of nuclear project cause I don't understand

Offline EmperorDisasster

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2012, 10:57:52 AM »
Users need to stop targeting renegade about his application, your random posts don't help the application process so please stop.

I wasn't try to target him as such, but just suggest that if he is making a new start, he should put originality and sensicle plot into his application. Sorry if it seemed like a personal attack.
im bach

Offline ?AG-CL? Sheo

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2012, 11:20:26 AM »

I wasn't try to target him as such, but just suggest that if he is making a new start, he should put originality and sensicle plot into his application. Sorry if it seemed like a personal attack.

Same. It mainly bugged me about the 40K thing, I don't really think it should be accepted when it's a carbon copy of someone else's imagination.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal