Author Topic: Ian Kharlamov's Authorization Application  (Read 3031 times)

Offline ‡NtN‡ ßill

• View Profile
    • Awards
Ian Kharlamov's Authorization Application
« on: March 05, 2012, 08:29:05 PM »
Player Section

Steam Name: {APC|GIS} Gen. EliteOps12
How long have you been Roleplaying? (can be any game): 2 Years
How long have you been playing Serious GMod RP?: 6 Months

Character Section

Authorization(s):
Citizen Uniform modified by adding cargo pockets, a weapon clip, and a knife sheath, and for the uniform to have fibers of Headcrab skin hand woven in.

Name: Ian Kharlamov
Affiliation: Rebellion

Write a detailed in-canon back-story how your character obtained these authorizations.
Ian Kharlamov listened as he sewed. "Individual: You are charged with multiple sociostability infringement acts. Implicit Citizenship revoked. Anti-citizen status approved. Ground teams, move in. Code: Inject, Sweep, Clean". "God, I wouldn't be surprised if they are looking for me out there..." he thought. As he sewed his vest, he thought about what he had done, and the sacrifices he had made for his partial freedom. Was freedom worth killing 2 people, one of which was unarmed and innocent? Yes, it was. Was killing a helpless creature that was lost on a strange planet worth freedom? Of course. These decisions were nothing in Ian's mind, everything was cold and unnecessary in his eyes... almost everything. The Human race, that needed freedom. If a few people are hurt to benefit a whole group, that is fine. He thought about that, as he carefully weaved the torn up wet strands of skin into his old vest. He recalled how he had killed the animal in the first place... "Hey, get out of the canals, they are flooding the underground with manhacks, and that ain't the least of your worries... "Don't worry, I can gut this thing like a fish." With that moment, intense sweat pushed it's way onto Ian's brow. He drew his knife with swiftness, deftly avoided the creatures screaming attacks, and mercilessly gutted it like he said he would. "Look out, CPs!" exclaimed Jack, who was safe on the elevator platform. "Hey, you wanna piece of me? Come and get it, you overfed bastards!!" With that, he ran up to the first CP, plunging his knife into his [the CP's] groin, exclaiming "Ha! Like that?" He made no more then a twitch when the officer, in his dying breath,  spewed into his own mask, drowning himself. The other CP was more careful, however, and after a long game of cat and mouse, Ian took desperate measures to insure his own survival. He made a dash towards the platform Jack was standing on, and pulled Jack in front of his body, having Jack act as a shield, while he [Jack] screamed "Hey! Stop! S**t, help! You'll kill me!", and Ian answered coldly: "Precisely." and with that, Jack was hit by a bullet, and Ian threw Jack's corpse at the officer, buying him time to escape. While the officer was recovering, Ian grabbed the headcrab's body, thinking it useful, and he ran off into the bowels of District 6... Ian remembered how he had gotten the coveted weapon, his knife, which was, in his opinion, the only thing he had that he loved... (Yeah, Ian is kind of like the rebel equivalent of a CmD, without the augmentations and the control.) Ian Kharlamov was waiting... Waiting for Jack to arrive, and in the meantime, he worked on crafting a weapon that could have some use to him if he managed to escape. As Ian pulled the metal off the old barrier, he thought of a blueprint of his weapon:
|=========|_____________
                         _____________\                               
| =========|----------------------\

Ian quickly wrapped the twine against the metal, then secured it with a piece of sticky gauze like substance. As he filed down the metal into the shape of a blade with an old rock, he heard a cry. "Hey, Ian, It's me, Jack! You ready to go?" Perfect timing. Just as he had finished the final components of the knife, Jack had shown. "Yeah... I guess..." As he began to climb down the ladder to the canals, he heard the faint radio sounds of Civil Protection officers, and the whir of a Hunter Chopper. A raid. "Shit, great timing... Just delightful timing... Let's hurry, before they find us!" Ian Kharlamov had just finished sewing the final pieces of his new clothes, when he heard the sound of CP officers at the door. He quickly ran into a conveniently open air vent, and escaped the odds once more.

What will these authorizations give your character in regards to perks or defects?
Perks
(This one is for both things.) Ian Kharlamov would have a means of protection against Civil Protection sweeps, and those annoying people who say "lulz. I has a gunz frum a ded cp. Now i can mug peoplez", or legit role-players who have a weapon as well, and are MuggerRPing. (This one is for the clothes only.) Since the clothes are in my PhysDesc, I would command respect from other players, and they would not just see me as another lolwebul who says he got his C.I.D revoked (By the way, I actually did. A nice 02 unit added "C.I.D Revoked" to my record, thanks to a small skirmish that ended up with an injured CP and a D6 raid.)

Defects
I could no longer wander the other sectors (D1, D2, not like it is very easy for me now, anyway, since the CPs never really do Applies any more.), because I would have my vest and knife recognized as contraband. I might be the target for thieves due to my weapon, though they would need an auth to steal that from me.

What do you plan to do with these perks/defects?
I plan to use these authorizations to aide in my survival as a hardass Anti-citizen in a dangerous world.

Will anyone else need these auths? (If so, list OOC and IC name(s))
No.

Which server does this apply for?
City

Extra Notes (optional):
EDITS: I fixed grammar errors, I am starting on improving the perks/defects as per Brandon's request.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2012, 08:13:55 PM by EliteOps12 »
Mikhel Kharlamov | Alive | CWU Tier 3 |

Marcel Huber | Alive] | Living in City 45 |

Ian Kharlamov | Alive | Hiding from the CCA, after becoming AC#4 |

Dr. Cole Matthews | Alive | Administrating C45 |

Offline Tyler

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Ian Kharlamov's Authorization Application
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2012, 06:37:44 PM »
"Citizen Uniform modified by adding cargo pockets, a weapon clip, and a knife sheath, and for the uniform to be have fibers of Headcrab skin hand woven in."

Please expand on said perks. Explain them in more detail via the backstory if possible.

Also, an 02, would not be able to detach your assigned CID from you. Meaning if you where scanned, or such, you'd still come up.

UU.OTA-VANGUARD.6.94250 | Online (THETA.EOW)
C45.CCA.CLASSIFIED.326 | In Service (VOID-DvL.326)
C45.CCA.APEX-01.199 | In Service
Dr. Wolfgang Metzger | Dead | Shot after throwing a Breen bust at the SeC.

9:19 PM - Brandon: I'll donate more later, It's just my mother is a dumb face
9:19 PM - RoflWaffle - fuck off please: i'm an idiot for assuming things her

9:22 PM - Lord Bravery: Brandon
9:22 PM - Lord Bravery: have sex with m

Offline ‡NtN‡ ßill

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2012, 08:12:06 PM »
He simply added "CID Revoked" to my record, he did not remove me.

Offline Tyler

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2012, 08:55:33 PM »
He simply added "CID Revoked" to my record, he did not remove me.

What do you mean CID Revoked?

UU.OTA-VANGUARD.6.94250 | Online (THETA.EOW)
C45.CCA.CLASSIFIED.326 | In Service (VOID-DvL.326)
C45.CCA.APEX-01.199 | In Service
Dr. Wolfgang Metzger | Dead | Shot after throwing a Breen bust at the SeC.

9:19 PM - Brandon: I'll donate more later, It's just my mother is a dumb face
9:19 PM - RoflWaffle - fuck off please: i'm an idiot for assuming things her

9:22 PM - Lord Bravery: Brandon
9:22 PM - Lord Bravery: have sex with m

Offline ‡NtN‡ ßill

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2012, 09:02:04 PM »
He means I'm an anti-citizen. I got involved with a group that possessed Level 1 Contraband, there was a fight, Ian and a few others fled to the subways while the rest of the group provided cover fire.

Offline ‡NtN‡ ßill

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2012, 06:39:24 PM »
Bump. No one has really replied to this much, I put a lot of effort into both my character and this app, I don't want this to fall behind into the black hole of un-finalverdictified apps.

Offline Nicknero

• Hatsune Miku
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [GMR2 Award] 100 MPH
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2012, 04:36:22 AM »
I'm not really feeling like getting any good out of this.
Your backstory exists out of quite a lot of dumb situations that would never happen in reality.
For example killing a CP by running to him and stick a knife in his groin? What the hell, not only do they wear armor for a reason, they also would never let you get so close to them. You would've been shot to dead long before that. Besides, where did this even happen? Your back story exists out of weird situations on different places, and never you mentioned clearly where it was, and how you got from A to B between these situations.

"My char is like CmD but then without augments and control" - Sounds like a powerhungry lolrebel act IMO.

I will leave this at Pending for now, awaiting another HL2RP SA to throw their opinion in here.
But if they agree with me, then this will most likely be Denied.
Check out my Youtube channel with all kinds of cool videos including LP's which I'm currently working at. Don't forget to give feedback as well. ;)

Offline wag1

• somalian dry
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2012, 07:18:18 PM »
I'm not really feeling like getting any good out of this.
Your backstory exists out of quite a lot of dumb situations that would never happen in reality.
For example killing a CP by running to him and stick a knife in his groin? What the hell, not only do they wear armor for a reason, they also would never let you get so close to them. You would've been shot to dead long before that. Besides, where did this even happen? Your back story exists out of weird situations on different places, and never you mentioned clearly where it was, and how you got from A to B between these situations.

"My char is like CmD but then without augments and control" - Sounds like a powerhungry lolrebel act IMO.

I will leave this at Pending for now, awaiting another HL2RP SA to throw their opinion in here.
But if they agree with me, then this will most likely be Denied.

I'm with you on this one, Nick. It seems like you don't explain things well enough, or just make random situations that do.

Offline garry :D

• ~I LOVE a boat~
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2012, 06:24:27 PM »

This is the reason that I'll won't be offering my -support.

Offline Nicknero

• Hatsune Miku
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [GMR2 Award] 100 MPH
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2012, 12:09:05 PM »
This has been open long enough, and by the looks of it, so far all HL2RP SAs agree with my previous post.

So therefore, this is denied.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2012, 01:42:59 AM by Kom??Як »
Check out my Youtube channel with all kinds of cool videos including LP's which I'm currently working at. Don't forget to give feedback as well. ;)

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal