Author Topic: Server issues  (Read 11872 times)

Offline LG-IM.Swagger

• Given 250 Credits and all I get was this fucking title?
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Server issues
« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2012, 04:55:09 PM »
Add me on Steam son.

Offline vizioN

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2012, 06:05:55 PM »
Seeing as this can probably be turned into a blessing rather than a curse, lets try it, okay.

Let's get rid of the empty servers, FortWars, TTT, Morbus, SpaceBuild and HaloCE. Who REALLY plays them at the moment? The only gamemodes that I see actually played are OCRP, HL2RP, Outlands and HRP. Start redoing stuff up (obviously) lets remake CG's design and improve on what it looks like, lets make it attractive to new players and begin a total clean up (Yeah this might sound drastic but it doesn't have to be instantaneous, cleaning up the website and turning it into something cleaner and less 2010-ish would be great).

Hell, if you want I will redo EVERY piece of Graphics on this whole website and will redesign the website as well, you might be thinking, well Sabotage you have absolutely no design to show us what you can do... are you sure?;)

*Copy the link and paste it to see it, this thing is huge*

http://i.imgur.com/qILNL.jpg

Welcome to my design, I've been spending a few weeks developing a new version of CG's website, consider this a template, anything else can be added, this is where you come in. I'm going to need people to nibble on this design so much that by the time I've edited all this up it will look absolutely gorgeous. Only three people knew about this design. Wake, Venatio and Cobs; this is just to keep it private and make sure we didn't get people's hopes up, I have been given greenlight by Venatio and Cobs that this design looks decent but now it's your time to start eating it to pieces.

I'm here to answer any questions and I'm willing to do anything to help, this helps me in the end as I can use some of this in my coursework at college so :)

According to what Crap-Head has said, it would take a long time to recode all of the current graphics into the servers. The current CG layout and logo appear in various different places across our servers, so it could be a handful.

Also, CG was originally set out to have a red/black/white look to it. Not sure Rofl would enjoy switching to all gray.

Offline tics

• The Artist Formerly Known as Ricky
  • Developer
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2012, 06:14:15 PM »
Seeing as this can probably be turned into a blessing rather than a curse, lets try it, okay.

Let's get rid of the empty servers, FortWars, TTT, Morbus, SpaceBuild and HaloCE. Who REALLY plays them at the moment? The only gamemodes that I see actually played are OCRP, HL2RP, Outlands and HRP. Start redoing stuff up (obviously) lets remake CG's design and improve on what it looks like, lets make it attractive to new players and begin a total clean up (Yeah this might sound drastic but it doesn't have to be instantaneous, cleaning up the website and turning it into something cleaner and less 2010-ish would be great).

Hell, if you want I will redo EVERY piece of Graphics on this whole website and will redesign the website as well, you might be thinking, well Sabotage you have absolutely no design to show us what you can do... are you sure?;)

Welcome to my design, I've been spending a few weeks developing a new version of CG's website, consider this a template, anything else can be added, this is where you come in. I'm going to need people to nibble on this design so much that by the time I've edited all this up it will look absolutely gorgeous. Only three people knew about this design. Wake, Venatio and Cobs; this is just to keep it private and make sure we didn't get people's hopes up, I have been given greenlight by Venatio and Cobs that this design looks decent but now it's your time to start eating it to pieces.

I'm here to answer any questions and I'm willing to do anything to help, this helps me in the end as I can use some of this in my coursework at college so :)

According to what Crap-Head has said, it would take a long time to recode all of the current graphics into the servers. The current CG layout and logo appear in various different places across our servers, so it could be a handful.

Also, CG was originally set out to have a red/black/white look to it. Not sure Rofl would enjoy switching to all gray.

I'd imagine all of you are getting tired of hearing me say this, but Rofl's opinion shouldn't dictate every decision. I don't mean this offensively, but most attempts to make any minor changes here are futile because of sole opposition from Rofl.

As for Sab's design, I think it's pretty cool, although it looks a little cluttered. Definitely a good concept though.
Live free or die

Offline vizioN

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2012, 06:18:45 PM »

I'd imagine all of you are getting tired of hearing me say this, but Rofl's opinion shouldn't dictate every decision. I don't mean this offensively, but most attempts to make any minor changes here are futile because of sole opposition from Rofl.

As for Sab's design, I think it's pretty cool, although it looks a little cluttered. Definitely a good concept though.

I agree with it being cluttered. What I meant by color was that it is extremely bland the way Sabotage has it right now. The logo itself is one color without a gradient, and it seems uninviting. It needs a better flow, and a reorganization of where things are placed.

Offline LG-IM.Swagger

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: September 24, 2012, 06:27:57 PM »
I did say this was a template, the best thing to do is just start by giving feedback for improvisation, the fact that the logo itself is bland without gradient is because it is a placeholder and you should've considered that yourself, vizioN. Not only that I didn't in no way say this was neat at all, a lot of it needs lining up properly, boxing properly and then spreading out to the appropriate sizes, we can work on colour when I get the design's layout sorted and begin testing.

Offline vizioN

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: September 24, 2012, 06:29:27 PM »
I did say this was a template, the best thing to do is just start by giving feedback for improvisation, the fact that the logo itself is bland without gradient is because it is a placeholder and you should've considered that yourself, vizioN. Not only that I didn't in no way say this was neat at all, a lot of it needs lining up properly, boxing properly and then spreading out to the appropriate sizes, we can work on colour when I get the design's layout sorted and begin testing.

Can you elaborate on that part of the sentence, please?

Offline LG-IM.Swagger

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: September 24, 2012, 06:41:46 PM »

Can you elaborate on that part of the sentence, please?

It basically implies that you should look at something which looks out of place on a design as a placeholder, especially the logo, it's just black and I haven't given the time to redo the CG Logo, and if I do get round to it, it will be 100x better.

Offline Scratchie

• test
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: September 25, 2012, 12:37:29 AM »
I don't mean to be offensive but I'm really not a huge fan of that template at all. The current one is perfectly fine, and compared to other gaming communities, looks great. Why fix that which isn't broken?
I agree with you on that.

In other news:
OCRP and HRP should hopefully come online tomorrow (it being 21:36 for me right now.)  Both HL2RP servers will be down for the time being as we work to get certain files back that we lost in the HDD failure that we no longer have access to anymore.

Offline vizioN

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Server issues
« Reply #23 on: September 25, 2012, 07:56:04 AM »
Rofl mentioned to me OCRP should be up today (Tuesday), so looking forward to that.

Offline Crap-Head

• #OCRP2
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: September 25, 2012, 08:03:30 AM »
Rofl mentioned to me OCRP should be up today (Tuesday), so looking forward to that.

Hopefully. I got 2 hours now before i have to go to work, and i need to do some homework as well before that. I will do all i can to get it running before i need to go.
Please do not add me on Steam because you have in-game problems. Make a thread in the correct board on the forum and i will respond to that whenever i have time.

Offline TOMASAS

• da best xd
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Owner Party
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: September 25, 2012, 08:10:52 AM »
Harbor Roleplay is Online, might have slight bugs due to me not having a proper backup.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2012, 08:20:10 AM by TOMASAS »
Stop assuming things.

bitcoin: 1Fq4EFYLwvktC3uKM6d6qu8irSwepqigAX

Offline Crap-Head

• #OCRP2
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: September 25, 2012, 08:36:19 AM »
Orange Cosmos RP 1.5 is Online at 64.31.14.198:27015.
The biggest change is the vehicle scripts. They are all set to their default script as in the hdd crash, we've lost them all.
There might be a few other issues. Please tell me any issues you might find, and they will be resolved asap.

We're still hoping that our HDD can recover, so all of these things can be 100% solved, and returned.
Also a note for admins, ban marks does not add via in-game bans. Add them manually via the forum. As well as the disguise script, it might be pretty bugged. At least its reversed to the old default one from FSA.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2012, 09:24:09 AM by Crap-Head »
Please do not add me on Steam because you have in-game problems. Make a thread in the correct board on the forum and i will respond to that whenever i have time.

Offline LG-IM.Swagger

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: September 25, 2012, 10:12:46 AM »
Holy hell.. This thing is a template, how can you just rip on it without giving any ideas on improvisation? You make me wanna /gun myself, look find problems, I can improve it, this website is as old as 2010 and frankly needs an upgrade to look a lot fresher, hell I'll build around the grey/black/red look if I have to but I will do it, come up with improvements on the TEMPLATE, not the colour and think on how to improve it.

By the way, your logo is associated with a square C with obviously no effort put into it by Ryan Dunn, I can improve on that thing 100x better.

Offline Teitoku Ippan

• weeaboo faggot
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Owner Party
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: September 25, 2012, 10:17:09 AM »
Current issues we've discovered in OCRP atm:

Energy Drinks are bugged, they don't make a sound nor do they put you back to 100.
Trading system is completely broken, other person can't see your offers nor do they transfer to each other, and can cause you to crash with error spam.
Some bus model errors.
Some sickness errors when you spawn a car.

Keep the car scripts as they are, maybe with some minor tweaks here and there like hydraulics on some cars are fucked and hardly work. I miss my Mule being able to actually jump with hydraulics, now they do fuck all.

Offline Batman

• Ginger
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: September 25, 2012, 01:39:53 PM »
Other problems I found.
Cannot grow weed (Had one pot down and tried to plant a seed and it said I reached the maximum of pots)
While driving it has a delay on turning and takes a wider turn.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal