Author Topic: Vortigaunts in City server.  (Read 1611 times)

Offline connall

• LUA Monkey
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Vortigaunts in City server.
« on: December 24, 2011, 05:15:39 PM »
I have recently joined the ranks of vortigaunt conscripts and am getting increasingly annoyed at how the CCA handle them, so far I have connected three times today where I was moved back into a cage waiting to be deployed and then just seemingly forgotten about, when I ask LOOC for work, the general response I get is either people ignoring me or saying that they "do not know how to handle vorts" it gets a bit dull sitting in a jail cell doing nothing. So is there a way to get more work or at least tell people what to do with vorts. There was one instance in the cells right next to mine where a citizen got his head blown off, blood everywhere, was I made to go in and clean, no just sit in my cell as always.

Offline Kom????k

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Vortigaunts in City server.
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2011, 05:54:24 PM »
Conscript Activity depends on several factors, and bear in mind, that Conscripts should not be your main character, they are a side.
Activity depends on:

• The Unit's currently on (some Don't know how to deal with Vorts, some Don't want to, others, give them lots of 'tasks')
  • The Population of the server in general (If there's 40 civvies on, getting on a vort is a no-no, you most likely will be ignored, as the CP's have thier hands full with the civvie masses)
  • Recent IC events and activies (if theres some event going on, with civvies running around everywhere, and an exogen breach and rebels causing riots, any Vort that is on, will be locked inside the nexus, untill everything calms down, and even some time after)

So yeah.

Offline connall

• LUA Monkey
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2011, 06:35:19 PM »
Yeah but I am talking on like a server population of 10-15 max. Where CP's out weigh citizens.

Offline Delta1116732

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2012, 11:56:04 PM »
I could understand that it would be boring just sitting in a cage waiting for something to do :-\. Do you have to be a certain rank to take vorts out to clean,work etc?

Out of Character for OOC:
Colombo Beniamino: i'm honestly contemplating joining NOVA even though i don't like medical RP because it actually has active DvL

Offline SatN

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2012, 12:04:12 AM »
Yes, i believe it is 03+. Although, i personally believe it is an Overwatch Task or atleast Officer plus, although it is a chained and restrained exogen, it is still, an exogen none the less. COTA/OTA are called out and spawned into the Outlands in HL2 and on the OL Server to put an 'end' to the resistance as well as capture exogens, rebels and other creatures alike. The city can be more dangerous for the Civil Protection forces then the Outlands in some circumstances, one 03 is not correct to guard or task an enslaved vortigaunt, canon would speculate that it is an Overwatch matter and should be dealt with as one.

Offline Bobby ã??

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2012, 10:40:47 AM »
It would definately suck to be slammed in a cage for most of the RP.
In my opinion, the vortigaunt class sounds a little like it needs improving on. As if maybe a certain division can deal with conscripts? If that's not already been done I suppose.  :-\

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal