Poll

Should mugging be allowed

Yes
No

Author Topic: Mugging - Vote  (Read 11622 times)

Offline Technical Abbreviations

• Acolyte Of The Carp God Baby
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Mugging - Vote
« Reply #30 on: August 04, 2011, 06:42:10 PM »
hl2dm, also known as outlands, is full of crap already, with any hint of hl2 being gone, other than combines and their weapons
combine get headshots across map with smg's and such, they say its fine
rdm is allowed, more or less.
people are pk'd because a minge wants it.
everything is shoot on sight, even when its refugee and refugee. its come to "if you dont know him, tis a mugger. shoot immediately without remorse"
if you are new, you cannot join, or you will be rdm'd multiple times by "muggers" demanding all your ammo. when you dont even have bleach.

When muggers kill you for talking or replying to them, or not giving ammo when you dont even have bleach, and then it turn PK... well, its a dm
Spoiler for :D:
\\r\\nWe live in the explosion of a bomb that has not yet finished exploding. You and everything you love are debris. Have a good day ^_^\\\'\\\'\\r\\nJiggerFrizz: Who is talking?\\r\\nJiggerFrizz: They sound hot\\r\\nJiggerFrizz: The background\\r\\nDegtyarev: They are 11 :l

Offline putin

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #31 on: August 04, 2011, 07:21:53 PM »
It's funny how a lot of you who are bitching are barely on the outlands server therefor unable to make this conclusion especially if it's only been up for less than a week.

Offline Col. Avalanche

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: August 04, 2011, 07:39:52 PM »
Yeah, honestly. Rofl specified the thing about mugging, so stop whinning and bumping this thread. Mugging will be had. Dealwithit somewhere else.

Offline Penguin

• Jesus Christ Is Real
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #33 on: August 04, 2011, 08:08:45 PM »
Yeah, honestly. Rofl specified the thing about mugging, so stop whinning and bumping this thread. Mugging will be had. Dealwithit somewhere else.
View it from the eyes of a new player, if I dis not know better I'd think it's a version of OCRP with slightly better role-players. So what if a community owner says it's alright that doesn't change canon.

« Reply #34 on: August 04, 2011, 09:32:49 PM »
Alright if mugging is DONE RIGHT as you CAN be talked down its fine Like I was getting mugged after I was shot in the leg I had NOTHING on me so I talked the man down and he gave me my backpack left and didn't even want to take my radio.

If you RP that you have a heart its fine but if you are just a hardass that like "Lolno" Then you shouldn't be allowed you should only be mugging if you NEED food/medical supply's Not any other kind of shit like ammo.

Also RP that you DON'T want to blow his head off I mean come on your killing a HUMAN Not a combine you regret it for the rest of your life doing it and you don't want that.

Also the mugger and I are considered friends I got him a radio and food.
1:23 PM - Pvt. Emory[113thCav]: I think 604 is a cat :3

2:07 PM - Juggernaut: Monkey with a gun
2:07 PM - Juggernaut: + Chunkeymonkey79
2:07 PM - Juggernaut: =
2:07 PM - Juggernaut: CHUNKYMONKEY WITH A GUN69
2:07 PM - chunkeymonkey79: YOU SIR ARE GOD

9:52 PM - Rory Phelps: gosh god damnit fuck my ass

Offline Pirate Robot

• DEAD
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: August 04, 2011, 09:34:29 PM »
Alright if mugging is DONE RIGHT as you CAN be talked down its fine Like I was getting mugged after I was shot in the leg I had NOTHING on me so I talked the man down and he gave me my backpack left and didn't even want to take my radio.

If you RP that you have a heart its fine but if you are just a hardass that like "Lolno" Then you shouldn't be allowed you should only be mugging if you NEED food/medical supply's Not any other kind of shit like ammo.

Also RP that you DON'T want to blow his head off I mean come on your killing a HUMAN Not a combine you regret it for the rest of your life doing it and you don't want that.

100% Agree.

Offline orky12

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: August 04, 2011, 09:38:51 PM »
Bobbe, That guys says it's perfectly reasonable to minge run away when being mugged, because your first reaction is to run.
That is also like saying you can S2K Combine shooting at you, because your first reaction would be to shoot back.

And for Flare... How is it an abomanation to canon? We're talking about motherfucking humans here, with free-fucking-will.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2011, 09:40:53 PM by orky12 »

Offline Technical Abbreviations

• Acolyte Of The Carp God Baby
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #37 on: August 04, 2011, 10:13:14 PM »

i agree. im not saying mugging shouldnt be allowed, but the rules for it are so lax, that it is worse than ocdm when someone mugs you
Spoiler for :D:
\\r\\nWe live in the explosion of a bomb that has not yet finished exploding. You and everything you love are debris. Have a good day ^_^\\\'\\\'\\r\\nJiggerFrizz: Who is talking?\\r\\nJiggerFrizz: They sound hot\\r\\nJiggerFrizz: The background\\r\\nDegtyarev: They are 11 :l

Offline TorrentGamer ?Romney2012

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #38 on: August 06, 2011, 02:42:53 AM »
Mugging...Yeah, no matter what humans never change. There are people who work for stuff, and people who beat it out of you. If you went to the Outlands its going to happen, it should be allowed. NOT allowing it is strapping down RP. I mean, look at today, we can get stuff just fine, and people mug. People barely survive there, there is going to be a LOT of mugging and fighting for food and such.

Basicly, Allow it and get over it.
\\r\\ncolor annoys me, barely anyone is black, unlike last year\\r\\n
\\r\\n\\r\\n

Offline SkeptiK

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #39 on: August 06, 2011, 05:25:50 AM »
People who play OCRP raise your hands *Everyone who wants mugging.* Now we know why “mugging” has came into the question. Firstly, it may be human nature, but to have gone through the event of the portal storms and over 90% of the world’s population getting annihilated I think we would have changed a little? I would also like to state the fact that everyone in the outlands have been in the city and have undergone mind washing and vigorous mental adjustments , which in turn removes those intentions from the brain. I would also like to mention that everyone is scared, underfed, mal-nourished, brittle and simply exhausted. You do not have the strength to physically hold up someone, and guns SHOULD be a very difficult thing to obtain rather than the lolbandit gangs running around with 50 weapons on them each.

Anything that relates to OCRP that is in turn combined with HL2RP is going to be fail, because the majority players of that game mode simply do not understand the concepts of serious RP, no matter how hard they try to argue the fact. To ensure the survival of the standards of RP today, mugging and various other Minge forms of RP ideas need to be removed or it will destroy the little amount of professionalism in HL2RP our citizens/refugees currently hold. I’ve observed many players and I say around 10% of the things they were doing was good RP, rather to the other 90% in which some players RPed having sex and other forms of it, including rape etc.
Burning Bullet: you're stupid
Burning Bullet: i was in cg
Burning Bullet: before cg

Offline Bromine

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #40 on: August 06, 2011, 08:09:50 AM »
People who play OCRP raise your hands *Everyone who wants mugging.* Now we know why “mugging” has came into the question. Firstly, it may be human nature, but to have gone through the event of the portal storms and over 90% of the world’s population getting annihilated I think we would have changed a little? I would also like to state the fact that everyone in the outlands have been in the city and have undergone mind washing and vigorous mental adjustments , which in turn removes those intentions from the brain. I would also like to mention that everyone is scared, underfed, mal-nourished, brittle and simply exhausted. You do not have the strength to physically hold up someone, and guns SHOULD be a very difficult thing to obtain rather than the lolbandit gangs running around with 50 weapons on them each.

Anything that relates to OCRP that is in turn combined with HL2RP is going to be fail, because the majority players of that game mode simply do not understand the concepts of serious RP, no matter how hard they try to argue the fact. To ensure the survival of the standards of RP today, mugging and various other Minge forms of RP ideas need to be removed or it will destroy the little amount of professionalism in HL2RP our citizens/refugees currently hold. I’ve observed many players and I say around 10% of the things they were doing was good RP, rather to the other 90% in which some players RPed having sex and other forms of it, including rape etc.
I have to agree, OCRP and HL2RP (IF COMBINED PLAYERBASE) will equate to absolute shit.

Offline orky12

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #41 on: August 06, 2011, 09:08:42 PM »
Skeptik seems to be the only one who is against mugging that can make a good point.

Though, nevertheless, mugging is allowed.

Offline Col. Avalanche

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #42 on: August 07, 2011, 01:31:38 AM »
Lol despite his argument, Skeptik's points were still invalid, and he appears to have not read the statement I made earlier explaining all of this.

But please people, shut up already, mugging is allowed, deal with it. Stop complaining and bumping this thread.

Offline Penguin

• Jesus Christ Is Real
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #43 on: August 07, 2011, 12:24:31 PM »
Lol despite his argument, Skeptik's points were still invalid, and he appears to have not read the statement I made earlier explaining all of this.

But please people, shut up already, mugging is allowed, deal with it. Stop complaining and bumping this thread.
Mugger:Ergh! Give me ya bleach or i will shot you in the head!
Victim: Dude I dont have any bleach or anything I just joined.
Mugger: Let me search ya inventory!
Victim: Why, I already told you!
*Mingeties the victim
*Takes the victims suitcase and tokens
Mugger: You lied to me!
[looc]Victim: Im new to the server.
[looc]Mugger: I dont care! Fuck off if you dont like it.
*Mugger shoots the victim in the head without any rp.
Victim has disconnected from the server
(OOC)Mugger: lol minge disconnected what a noob.
(OOC)Mugger: And I got all his items :).

That's how I feel about how the muggers effect the newer players.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2011, 12:27:47 PM by Teh Penguin »

Offline orky12

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #44 on: August 08, 2011, 12:23:59 AM »

Mugger:Ergh! Give me ya bleach or i will shot you in the head!
Victim: Dude I dont have any bleach or anything I just joined.
Mugger: Let me search ya inventory!
Victim: Why, I already told you!
*Mingeties the victim
*Takes the victims suitcase and tokens
Mugger: You lied to me!
[looc]Victim: Im new to the server.
[looc]Mugger: I dont care! Fuck off if you dont like it.
*Mugger shoots the victim in the head without any rp.
Victim has disconnected from the server
(OOC)Mugger: lol minge disconnected what a noob.
(OOC)Mugger: And I got all his items :).

That's how I feel about how the muggers effect the newer players.
What kind of minges do you play with?

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal