Poll

Should mugging be allowed

Yes
No

Author Topic: Mugging - Vote  (Read 11621 times)

Re: Mugging - Vote
« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2011, 11:26:20 PM »
Ya and if someone rp's running away you'll scream failrp and mingerun then they will be banned because your basing you're roleplay experience off of getting weapons and items, which should be more devoted to developing your character.
I totally agree, it's about giving your character a big story, yet you are going to mug for items 'because they are so important' which is not what OpenAura was meant for.
Do what Lewis(I think him) does, run away from the combine. Speak with people, don't rob them.

Offline putin

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2011, 11:33:43 PM »
Another reason I feel mugging should be permitted is purely because I love PK'ing muggers.

EDIT: I really want to emphasize what I said earlier about how mugging should be permitted because it encourage people to stay in groups which is really follows the canon. Fact is, aint no one gonna mug a  an refugee camp especially if the people who run it are armed to the teeth.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2011, 11:58:32 PM by Bobbe »

« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2011, 12:44:57 AM »
Another reason I feel mugging should be permitted is purely because I love PK'ing muggers.

EDIT: I really want to emphasize what I said earlier about how mugging should be permitted because it encourage people to stay in groups which is really follows the canon. Fact is, aint no one gonna mug a  an refugee camp especially if the people who run it are armed to the teeth.
That's cool and all, but what if you're new and you know no one? They will try to mug you when they see you're alone.
Great way to empty the servers, make new players leave because they get harassed by groups.

Offline orky12

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: August 03, 2011, 04:51:27 AM »

That's cool and all, but what if you're new and you know no one? They will try to mug you when they see you're alone.
Great way to empty the servers, make new players leave because they get harassed by groups.

But what can you possibly mug from a new player? Lol

Offline putin

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: August 03, 2011, 05:23:40 AM »

Martiner what I'm trying to say is that there are active groups on the server that are dedicated to keep people safe from any harm. Plus, like orky12 said, what possible can you take from a new player?

Offline Penguin

• Jesus Christ Is Real
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: August 03, 2011, 02:14:30 PM »
Mugging should be allowed, its a part of life and thats a fact. It should stay that way.
You do have a point but often in life people dont stay and be mugged they ussually run like hell, So basically if someone runs away during a mugging its perfectly valid rp.

Offline orky12

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: August 03, 2011, 09:36:02 PM »
Mugging should be allowed, its a part of life and thats a fact. It should stay that way.
You do have a point but often in life people dont stay and be mugged they ussually run like hell, So basically if someone runs away during a mugging its perfectly valid rp.
Thanks for the tip, now when a CP busts me in the city, I'll just run and say it's perfectly valid RP.

Offline putin

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: August 03, 2011, 10:01:37 PM »
Running should only be done from a distance.

Offline Blazing1

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: August 03, 2011, 10:24:25 PM »
Due to the current state of the server, people would turn to mugging. I've actually been rejected from entering an outpost when a Hunter-Chopper was chasing me. When I asked to come in, they said I was just a dumb refugee or something like that. So if my character is rejected by the resistance, he will do what he needs to survive. It may not canon or whatever, but in reality when your treated like shit and made an outcast, you will do anything to survive.

Offline Technical Abbreviations

• Acolyte Of The Carp God Baby
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: August 04, 2011, 12:17:26 AM »
issue is that muggers dont go after anyone armed or in groups, only newbies who cant defend themselves.
OHAI IM NEW, MIND HELPING ME?
GIVE ME ALL YOUR ITEMS OR DIE HURR HURR
LOLOLOL I KILL YOU NOW
requesting pk on whathisface
whathisface has left the server. forever
this is hl2dm, there is no rp
Spoiler for :D:
\\r\\nWe live in the explosion of a bomb that has not yet finished exploding. You and everything you love are debris. Have a good day ^_^\\\'\\\'\\r\\nJiggerFrizz: Who is talking?\\r\\nJiggerFrizz: They sound hot\\r\\nJiggerFrizz: The background\\r\\nDegtyarev: They are 11 :l

Offline YankeeSamurai

• /me spit on cp mask
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: August 04, 2011, 02:17:53 PM »
Of course you wouldn't mug anybody in a group, that would just be plain stupid. You go for the weak, isolated people.
o7

Offline Penguin

• Jesus Christ Is Real
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: August 04, 2011, 03:33:43 PM »
Thanks for the tip, now when a CP busts me in the city, I'll just run and say it's perfectly valid RP.
inb4 this isnt involved with the city server. Thanks for being a complete and utter retard kthxbai.

Offline orky12

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: August 04, 2011, 05:21:36 PM »
inb4 this isnt involved with the city server. Thanks for being a complete and utter retard kthxbai.

Isn't this like saying you can S2K the OTA because they are shooting at you and trying to kill you? It's the same concept.
So next time I see a combine, I will headshot that fucker, because it's perfectly valid RP.

Oh, and thanks for the tip.

Offline putin

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: August 04, 2011, 06:06:30 PM »

Isn't this like saying you can S2K the OTA because they are shooting at you and trying to kill you? It's the same concept.
So next time I see a combine, I will headshot that fucker, because it's perfectly valid RP.

How did this thread come to S2K'ing the OTA?

Offline Bromine

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: August 04, 2011, 06:34:07 PM »

How did this thread come to S2K'ing the OTA?
Because mugging is horseshit in Outlands but the hurr durr admins are allowing this abomination of canon anyhow.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal