Poll

Should mugging be allowed

Yes
No

Author Topic: Mugging - Vote  (Read 11615 times)

Offline @Mmmaaattt94

• Britfag #1
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Mugging - Vote
« on: August 02, 2011, 08:58:14 AM »
Like so many people i think mugging is not canon and just completely fails. But some agree with it. So in the intrest of fairness, here is a vote. You decided if its allowed or not.

(If you want to see the original topic http://www.catalyst-gaming.net/index.php?topic=4602.0 )

Offline Nicknero

• Hatsune Miku
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [GMR2 Award] 100 MPH
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Mugging - Vote
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2011, 09:04:50 AM »
Have you ever seen any mugging in HL2? No. It's really REALLY stupid how people go mug their own species in a war against greater enemies... The whole purpose of Outlands RP is to survive by finding supplies/food, and hiding from combines. Not set up your base and protect yourself from other damn humans. If this stays allowed, then why not add weed as well, and turn it into OCRP completely?
Check out my Youtube channel with all kinds of cool videos including LP's which I'm currently working at. Don't forget to give feedback as well. ;)

Offline Lewis

• Hey Restart Outlands
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2011, 09:40:44 AM »
I personally don't like mugging, but I don't see how it's un-canon? Think about this, Gordon arrives like, what, 10-15 years after the time that HL2RP is set in, by that time, humanity's going to be really fed up with the Combine, and they're all going to have to work together to survive?  IMO, That's why you don't see mugging in HL2.  (+ You never actually see rebels strolling around the canals and Outlands, so who knows? )

Offline Yimmy The Cat

• VIP
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2011, 10:25:09 AM »
I personally don't like mugging, but I don't see how it's un-canon? Think about this, Gordon arrives like, what, 10-15 years after the time that HL2RP is set in, by that time, humanity's going to be really fed up with the Combine, and they're all going to have to work together to survive?  IMO, That's why you don't see mugging in HL2.  (+ You never actually see rebels strolling around the canals and Outlands, so who knows? )
still mugging should nt be alowed. Peoople will bitch when people run away, because you can, and the then they wil alll spam the chat screaming fail rp and mingrunning, not even knowing the meaning (this happened yesterday)
What starts off as a joke soon becomes a gamemode.

I envy you :'(  Did you furiously pull your cock off until your penis shot pure childrens tears?

Offline @Mmmaaattt94

• Britfag #1
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2011, 04:24:41 PM »
I can see both sides of the argument but for god sake, it isnt really canon, it is just an excuse for minges to stay and bring friends and it ruins rp. I mean its just stupid, i have had my door fail blown in 2 times by people trying to mug me, its stupid and failed on so many levels. It should be against the rules / be VERY restricted.

Offline Col. Avalanche

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2011, 05:40:30 PM »
Alright, seeming as you're all upset about my roleplaying ways, I will explain them.
First, seeing as you're all butthurt over the mugging, let's relate it to real life, shall we? Roleplay is nothing but a reflection of real life with a fictional character, no? Well, let's discuss reality. Muggers and thieves. What are they? Are they "FailRPers" of the world we live in today? Or are they desperate for money and food so much that they are willing to mug other people to survive? Well, the answer is yes. Muggers and thieves are often stealing from others in order for themselves to survive. Desperation for survival.
Now: let's relate that to the Outlands scenerio which we are all angry about. Outlands: what is it? It's the outskirts, or deserted areas of what once were cities. Who inhabits these areas? People who do not seek the Universal Union's success. They see it as torture, and escaped the heavily guarded cities in order to spend their lives in the ways that they see best to survive. What does this mean? Well, obviously that everyone is striving to survive. Are all people living their lives in a Christ-like way? No. Does everyone have the same morals? No. Is everyone of the same sanity at these times of desperation? No.
So at this point, what we have come to gather in this rage-full thread, is that mugging is "FailRP" and is "un-Canon". So, gentlemen, let me ask you this: are all refugees striving towards the same goal in this roleplay server? Yes, yes, they are. But are they all expected to achieve freedom, peace, and survival through unity? The answer to that is no. As I've stated previously; muggers and thieves only do what they do because they are desperate to survive, and see no other way to go about it. In my mugging RP, my character is desperate for survival, struggling in his habitat, and has been becoming, what some would call, insane. I understand that you all see Outlands as a place of teamwork between the refugees, but that's not it at all. I don't care if there were no mugging scenes in either one of the Half Life games. Mugging is an attempt at survival, as seen through one's state of mind. Surely: Gordon Freeman was never seen being mugged, that would be ridiculous, but not non-Canon.
The next question I must ask: how is this RP, in any way, non-Canon? This is a fantasy world, and a game (keep that in mind). It is also a roleplaying server. My character has laid his hands on a weapon, and is going through a time where the only way for himself to survive is through the mugging of others. As I have seen some ridiculous points being made about us only mugging Bleach, and only un-armed people, I will explain those, because clearly; you have no common sense. Why would you mug a person who could fight back with the same firepower that you are mugging the person with? Un-armed people are weak, and defenseless; thus making them easy targets to pick off and attack. Mugging people with guns would risk the mugger's life to a point where any sudden move can make the mugger fire without a second thought. Now; the next point. Why mug people for Bleach? Well, first of, that is an understatement. We do not mug people for Bleach, but occasionally run across it. What do we do with the goods we mug that cannot be consumed? We sell them in order to aquire currency, so that we can buy the food required for our characters to stay alive, staying within realism.

The fact that you're all upset about simple RP and disconnect to avoid it is insanely immature.

Read over everything I said. It will open your eyes to reality. Welcome.

Offline alaskan thunderfuck

• Owner
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2011, 06:22:29 PM »
Not everyone is going to get along. Not everyone is mentally sane. Mugging is in no way 'uncanon' and will remain allowed - however, we will add guidelines to it and doing it without proper IC reasoning and doing it excessively will not be allowed.
Please don't PM me regarding bans or anything having to do with in-game situations. Only PM me if you've been told I am the only one who can solve your issue.

Offline Col. Avalanche

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2011, 07:03:13 PM »
We fully RP every step of it, and we don't do it excessively; we do like 2 or 3 a day at most. Sometimes: not at all.

Offline Rory

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2011, 08:41:10 PM »
We fully RP every step of it, and we don't do it excessively; we do like 2 or 3 a day at most. Sometimes: not at all.
2 or 3 a day? That for me is WAY too much for RPing mugs.

Offline Col. Avalanche

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2011, 09:18:30 PM »
Concidering the amount of player flow, it's the perfect amount; if not too little.

Offline Ice

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2011, 09:29:24 PM »
My two cents: Please. There is no problem problem with mugging. Just the people who want to keep their items who have the problems.
goodmorrow

Offline Penguin

• Jesus Christ Is Real
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2011, 10:19:35 PM »
Ya and if someone rp's running away you'll scream failrp and mingerun then they will be banned because your basing you're roleplay experience off of getting weapons and items, which should be more devoted to developing your character.

Offline putin

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2011, 10:38:38 PM »
     I'm saying yes because the fact is, a lot people have guns so mugging becomes a very difficult task. If mugging is permitted this will encourage people to stick together for safety creating passive RP. This is actually how Easy Station was kindve started, it was meant to help refugee's stay safe from whatever dangers may be in the outlands. I feel like that mugging should always be with a good roleplaying reason as well(whatever that may be). A rule should be included that any mugging or muggee(person being mugged) has the right to pause roleplay and call for an admin. If an admin is unavailable then the mugging is canceled, it should be highly encouraged that people record just like they do in OCRP to take appropriate actions against any broken rules. Having an admin there will prevent any powergaming/metagaming and make sure that PK's are given to the appropriate parties. I also feel that a person may only mug whatever is equipped, IC'ly people would leave there shit in some sort of 'camp'.

Offline Bromine

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2011, 10:43:10 PM »
If I get mugged and they take so many tokens I have none left (Then, an undeletabpe char) then it's going to be a problem. I don't want mugging, you're fighting for your life, not for keeping your bleach from others.

Offline Pielolz

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2011, 11:05:17 PM »
Mugging should be allowed, its a part of life and thats a fact. It should stay that way.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal