Author Topic: [Complaint] Regarding Character Development & Minge CP's  (Read 6393 times)

DukeW

Re: [Complaint] Regarding Character Development & Minge CP's
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2012, 12:23:07 AM »

I was right next to your cell! I saw that go on! They threw me in for "forgetting" my CID name, even if OOC it wasn't mine. Either, either, I was thrown in, untied, with no paper giving any details, I had to /request help after Rations ended for them to find me. I think they might have been guilty of "Disorderly Conduct".

Offline [TNS-D] Sanitorium

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2012, 06:45:29 PM »
I miss when NOVA had to be called in to make that judgment....

The last three reports of 10-103M's I've heard over the radio were all proven or not proven by NOVA units.
i like men.

Offline Globey

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2012, 09:21:40 PM »
Hi, as you may have already guessed from the title, this is a complaint.

Let me just cut to the chase here, why is it that whenever I try to develop a long-lasting character, I am shot down by the either minge or lazy-as-fuk CPs?

For example: today, I was going to grab a ration, so I made the situation unique by adding a little confusion. What happened was that I was detained for disorderly conduct, or whatever you'd call it in Civil Protection terms. They threw my character into a cell. So after that,  an OfC decides to walk in with a SMG and go: /me loads machinegun onto citizens chest. killing him/her"

^ That there,  should not how you should properly deal with an execution. Not only is it under-detailed, but it gives the character little character development as you pretty much end that said characters life so quickly. What disappoints me even futher, is that these types of situations are done where there is little interaction involved.

I would understand if you had a conflict involving three or more citizens or CP's, but this is just ridiculous.

This should be only used to take out minges without labeling yourself as an RDMER/Trigger-happy unit.

I like how this is given almost entirely out of context.

However, first of all, I'll address the comment regarding the quality of the execution itself. The amputation -besides the spelling errors, which I corrected in LOOC moments later- was perfectly standard. It was perfectly detailed, as I preformed about three or so /me's regarding the amputation. It's a private execution, preformed by a totalitarian regime. It's going to be quick, particularly after factoring in 604's extensive service record.
A commander was watching the scene in observer, almost from the very beginning. Although I cannot remember the digits, the fact is that a member of the server's administration team deemed it appropriate, and even PKed the character without being prompted.

Now, regarding the grounds for the amputation. If memory serves me well, many units had been labeling the citizen as 10-103M prior to my entry to the little escapade. The 'four digit' Citizen Identification Number, and the shear fact that she couldn't remember any specific digits at all, suggested two things - Either the citizen had a deficiency forming memories, or else that she was in possession of a fake Citizen Identification Card. Either of which, obviously, are level one offenses.
This deduction, when combined with the opinions of units who had interacted with the citizen -Sadly, there were no NOVA units online-appeared to be enough to base amputation on.
Additionally, the general consensus at the moment is to amputate citizens who do not apply; this citizen, whether intentionally or otherwise, was not applying.
Overall, the reasoning of the amputation is firm, given the circumstance.

In response to:
I don't know if the "lol" right after the /me was for the same reason or not, but I would be laughing too if I was in his place. It's too quick to judge for an amputation.
Viper, 498, had not been laughing at the amputation at all, and your bias is clearly getting the better of you. He was laughing at a previous remark.

604, AKA GLOBEY, has done this before except on a much grander scale. We're neighbors so I'll talk to him.
That was an extrapolation devised by Zod and Leomarr for the purposes of having me removed from High Command.

-snip-

I was right next to your cell! I saw that go on! They threw me in for "forgetting" my CID name, even if OOC it wasn't mine. Either, either, I was thrown in, untied, with no paper giving any details, I had to /request help after Rations ended for them to find me. I think they might have been guilty of "Disorderly Conduct".
I had told others to void it in OOC, as you had simply used the wrong bind. It seems they did not.

And finally, in regards to the general opinion of NOVA units judging mentally deficient cases. I support the idea as a whole, due to the amount of RP it opens up. However, if no NOVA units were online, that's no justification for leaving -what appears to be- a mentally deficient citizen alive.
C45.CCA.GRID-DvL.604 - Healthy - Executing citizens. Tally: 4
John Gatsby - Healthy - Celebrating, having detonated an explosive melon in front of two CA's

--------------------------
Cutlass, Sail and Cannon:
Ernest Cumberbatch, Port Royal, Governor. Governing.
John Gatsby, of the brigantine Brimstone. Amputating Limbs

« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2012, 09:54:43 PM »
If no NOVA units are online it should be left with units who have medical training(Former NOVA plus when I was DvL I trained units in medical shit if their DvL approved).
1:23 PM - Pvt. Emory[113thCav]: I think 604 is a cat :3

2:07 PM - Juggernaut: Monkey with a gun
2:07 PM - Juggernaut: + Chunkeymonkey79
2:07 PM - Juggernaut: =
2:07 PM - Juggernaut: CHUNKYMONKEY WITH A GUN69
2:07 PM - chunkeymonkey79: YOU SIR ARE GOD

9:52 PM - Rory Phelps: gosh god damnit fuck my ass

Offline Globey

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2012, 11:00:34 PM »
A rather rare thing at the moment - Units almost never receive training outside of their division, and I'm not aware of any recent transfers from NOVA.

In any case, I'm almost certain that there were no units at hand with the mentioned experience.
John Gatsby - Healthy - Celebrating, having detonated an explosive melon in front of two CA's

Offline Klashy

• ( . Y . )
  • VIP
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2012, 02:08:35 AM »
I hands down think this is stupid. That IS lazy. That's not how they should deal with things... Wow.

Offline ??Pwös

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: March 22, 2012, 04:13:06 PM »
Level one? That's total bullshit.

You know what? I'm starting to think otherwise if this is even canon-ey to be just throwing level ones at everyone. It takes away the fun.

It's a private execution, preformed by a totalitarian regime. It's going to be quick, particularly after factoring in 604's extensive service record.

So you're allowed to roleplay short, because you're higher in rank? That's the stupidest reason I had ever heard. Not only is it unfair, but you're the best of the best.  Your roleplay should show the best, but it's clearly not showing that here.

Even if what you did was okay with the administrators, why not go beyond? You can't be any more lazy, can you?
That's what you would expect from a 05 unit.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2012, 04:42:52 PM by â?¢EpICâ?¢â?¢killjoy{A|R} »

Offline Blue Haze

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: March 22, 2012, 04:52:18 PM »
Just to clarify, if you ARE the female locked in detainment claiming that your CID had 4 numbers, then let me say this.
When I was recruit (Unit 922) you followed me around the plaza after many warnings. You then decided to mess with the unit behind the window, thus causing getting sent to detainment. I then told others what you had done previously, causing the units to think you were mentally unfit. When you were about to be killed you disconnected. Character development is okay, and you can get in trouble here and there, but you repeatedly poked the units until they reacted.

EDIT: I forgot to mention, you we warned a total of 14 times to stop following me and the other unit. 495 can confirm that because he was the unit patrolling with me. If you are going to make an argument, please tell the whole story.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2012, 04:55:44 PM by Kai Daniels »
Characters

Trent (Davidson) Marlow - [ALIVE] - Getting people to do work for him, living near the Inn, back from his retreat.

Kelly (Lillians) Striker - [DEAD] - Found outside the old Bunker with many wounds suggesting a poison headcrab attack. All supplies but her clothes missing.

Offline ??Pwös

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: March 22, 2012, 04:55:31 PM »
Why wasn't I beaten atleast once? You didn't carry out any levels that were under 1.  You CP's had to shoot, which proves you're either 1: hungry for deathmatch, or 2: bored as fuck.

Offline Blue Haze

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: March 22, 2012, 04:58:13 PM »
495 and I didn't beat you because we were planning to have you interrogated IC. Still, you kept bothering the city units in general thus leading to your character being killed.
Characters

Trent (Davidson) Marlow - [ALIVE] - Getting people to do work for him, living near the Inn, back from his retreat.

Kelly (Lillians) Striker - [DEAD] - Found outside the old Bunker with many wounds suggesting a poison headcrab attack. All supplies but her clothes missing.

Offline ??Pwös

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: March 22, 2012, 05:00:51 PM »
Let me go back to where you're mindlessly killing.

It's like, if you're high in rank, you're given the right to kill people without much effort. Now I know the brainwashing stages drastically diminish your Humanity, which follows where you are able to shoot without hesitation,  but you're serving this as a ticket to free killing.

Offline Blue Haze

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: March 22, 2012, 05:07:05 PM »
The higher ups are allowed to authorized amputations, but nobody was mindlessly killing. You caused multiple problems, you were found mentally unfit due to your previous actions, and you were killed because of it. Then you made this post only showing a third of it.
Characters

Offline ??Pwös

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: March 22, 2012, 05:09:32 PM »
They FOUND me mentally fit, but I wasn't ICLY. Don't you think they would have further investigation to determine if I was ACTUALLY mentally unfit?

This brings me to mention that the RATION distribution is not mandatory for you to go to. I could starve if I wanted. Which brings me to my next point: why didn't the Combine just leave me to starve? There is no clear evidence to prove I was mentally unfit. Unless they put me under a detector device, you would never truly know.

Also: forgetting once = being labeled as mentally unfit. That is unfair!

So yes, that is mindless killing.

EDIT: Also, you didn't ICly recognize my intentions while I was following you. What if I had something to tell you, but never brought it out soon enough? That's a possible scenario in these situations. You never truly know, which is the sad thing.

So here's what I've gathered:
1.) I haven't assaulted anyone.
2.) I have a clean record (which, let me mention, you NEVER bothered to acknowledge as a clean slate)
3.) I had plead with you several times to listen, but your refusal had only left me only to die with a barrage of bullets to the chest.
4.) I forgot my digits, which I established to myself in IC, that I COULD not find the digits. I did this merely for roleplay development. I don't  press down on f1 or f2 to view my digits. I try to find them through means of roleplay.

Number 4# I still have a speculation that you may have found me to be "mentally deficient" as I hadn't used the traditional way to find my C.I.D information. <- I would call that metagaming.

These are boosters to show you why I shouldn't have died. I simply followed a Civil Protection squad around the plaza for some time, and simply had been confused during the distribution cycle.

So I don't know if you were just tensed by the amount of citizens pressed into the distribution, or whether you certainly felt I was "mentally deficient"

But I doubt this would have turned out the same way if we were established in a secluded environment.

EDIT: All of this brings down to one thing: you aren't investigating the situations enough to justify it as "mentally deficient", which is why the Civil Protection is crumbling in the eyes of some (atleast for me, that is)

and you can get in trouble here and there, but you repeatedly poked the units until they reacted.
Unless you are able to find the evidence to prove that, I'm going to throw it down as a stretch of the truth. I never poked any unit, but simply made gestures & and hints from a distance.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2012, 05:59:02 PM by â?¢EpICâ?¢â?¢killjoy{A|R} »

Offline Airborne1st

• I'm White
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: March 22, 2012, 06:40:29 PM »
To be honest, we're not going to put THAT much RP into determining if someone is mentally unstable every time someone is thought to be 10-103M. Sure, occasionally in NOVA, we'll question you and maybe even use you for new drug testing research. 90% of the time when NOVA is called to determine if someone is 10-103M, we're going to ask you a handful of questions and either kill you or let you go. Its all going to happen within 5 minutes in most cases. We simply don't have the time to spend an hour, or even half an hour trying to figure out if someone is mentally unfit because they couldn't remember their CID digits. If they were a murderer, maybe... But not for something like that.

Also, if you're like any other citizen, you would have still come to the forums complaining if they had beat you for following them or forgetting your CID. If it had been me in 604's situation, I would have probably just had you beaten unconscious and left in the dumpster, since amputation in this case seems a little too far. On the other hand, according to everyone who was involved, you pushed the units until they got tired of it.

Also, you're a citizen in a totalitarian regime. The authorities aren't going to take time out of their day to do an investigation on whether or not you're capable of remembering your CID number. I'd suggest you stop trying to get High Command units fired for the lulz and stop trying to start an uproar.

Also, a bit more advice; Don't try to find your CID digits ICly, just press F1 like everyone else does. Think of that as checking your CID card ICly. It helps to avoid situations like this. 

Offline Globey

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: March 22, 2012, 08:23:41 PM »
Level one? That's total bullshit.

You know what? I'm starting to think otherwise if this is even canon-ey to be just throwing level ones at everyone. It takes away the fun.

It's a private execution, preformed by a totalitarian regime. It's going to be quick, particularly after factoring in 604's extensive service record.

So you're allowed to roleplay short, because you're higher in rank? That's the stupidest reason I had ever heard. Not only is it unfair, but you're the best of the best.  Your roleplay should show the best, but it's clearly not showing that here.

Even if what you did was okay with the administrators, why not go beyond? You can't be any more lazy, can you?
That's what you would expect from a 05 unit.

Calm down.
The amputation is perfectly well  RP'd. I allowed for about three /me's from myself, and final words from you, which allow you to powerfully define your character in her final moments.
Additionally, ICily, 604 is going to want to get this done as fast as possible. He doesn't have time to prep a nice fancy electrical chair for the citizen - He's going to get it done, and let the ground units handle the cleanup.

You forgot even such a major detail as the number of digits, over the course of easily 15 minutes. That's not unfair.

So here's what I've gathered:
1.) I haven't assaulted anyone.
2.) I have a clean record (which, let me mention, you NEVER bothered to acknowledge as a clean slate)
3.) I had plead with you several times to listen, but your refusal had only left me only to die with a barrage of bullets to the chest.
4.) I forgot my digits, which I established to myself in IC, that I COULD not find the digits. I did this merely for roleplay development. I don't  press down on f1 or f2 to view my digits. I try to find them through means of roleplay.

1) Other units had radioed in the hassle you had been causing, even after warning.
2) Same as above.
3) I fail to see the relevance - Units do not need to listen to IC begging, but can be dissuaded if they are a low enough rank. Unfortunately for you, 604 happens to have been in the CCA for a very, very long time. He's heard it all before.
4) 'F1' is equivalent to ICily viewing your CID card.

Well said, Airborne.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal