Author Topic: [Complaint] Regarding Character Development & Minge CP's  (Read 6397 times)

Offline ??Pwös

• View Profile
    • Awards
[Complaint] Regarding Character Development & Minge CP's
« on: March 18, 2012, 10:25:29 PM »
Hi, as you may have already guessed from the title, this is a complaint.

Let me just cut to the chase here, why is it that whenever I try to develop a long-lasting character, I am shot down by the either minge or lazy-as-fuk CPs?

For example: today, I was going to grab a ration, so I made the situation unique by adding a little confusion. What happened was that I was detained for disorderly conduct, or whatever you'd call it in Civil Protection terms. They threw my character into a cell. So after that,  an OfC decides to walk in with a SMG and go: /me loads machinegun onto citizens chest. killing him/her"

^ That there,  should not how you should properly deal with an execution. Not only is it under-detailed, but it gives the character little character development as you pretty much end that said characters life so quickly. What disappoints me even futher, is that these types of situations are done where there is little interaction involved.

I would understand if you had a conflict involving three or more citizens or CP's, but this is just ridiculous.

This should be only used to take out minges without labeling yourself as an RDMER/Trigger-happy unit.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2012, 10:27:15 PM by â?¢EpICâ?¢â?¢killjoy{A|R} »

Offline aeiou

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: [Complaint] Regarding Character Development & Minge CP's
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2012, 10:33:20 PM »
Seems like units make the conclusion that citizens are mentally unstable quite quickly.

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2012, 10:35:32 PM »
Seems like units make the conclusion that citizens are mentally unstable quite quickly.
I miss when NOVA had to be called in to make that judgment....

I think 604 better have a damn good reason why he did this...
1:23 PM - Pvt. Emory[113thCav]: I think 604 is a cat :3

2:07 PM - Juggernaut: Monkey with a gun
2:07 PM - Juggernaut: + Chunkeymonkey79
2:07 PM - Juggernaut: =
2:07 PM - Juggernaut: CHUNKYMONKEY WITH A GUN69
2:07 PM - chunkeymonkey79: YOU SIR ARE GOD

9:52 PM - Rory Phelps: gosh god damnit fuck my ass

Offline aeiou

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2012, 10:44:37 PM »

I usually have NOVA check on them before I deem them 10-103m completely, then I let them execute them instead.

Offline ??Pwös

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2012, 10:45:26 PM »
Personally, I believe it would be way more satisfying if the amputations were sparse and not authorized out like candy.

Offline aeiou

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2012, 10:52:58 PM »
What the units seem to forget is that "imperfect" means it can not be treated.

Offline ??Pwös

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2012, 10:55:18 PM »
I don't know if the "lol" right after the /me was for the same reason or not, but I would be laughing too if I was in his place. It's too quick to judge for an amputation.

EDIT:
Let me just add that I believe the amputation business has lost its true meaning. I remember the golden days of roleplay, where just the mere thought of amputation would put fear into the eyes of any badass civi on the street.

To add again, if I can remember, either this server or TnB had the amputation nailed down perfectly. But now, I guess it's time to scratch catalyst off the list :(
« Last Edit: March 18, 2012, 11:24:54 PM by â?¢EpICâ?¢â?¢killjoy{A|R} »

Offline TorrentGamer ?Romney2012

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2012, 05:20:16 PM »
The problem with our units is that most of the CCA is formed around being an anti-minge tool. Not a RPing person like any other class. Meaning the most productive way = the CCA way. Not the best RP'ed way.
\\r\\ncolor annoys me, barely anyone is black, unlike last year\\r\\n
\\r\\n\\r\\n

Offline ??Pwös

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2012, 07:18:07 PM »
Yeah, this is pretty bad. However,  it makes me feel good,  as I am solely a citizen; passionate to maintain what this server was originally built on: quality

But overall, there is one real eye-raiser for me: the very fact that these players are handed down some of the best jobs on the server, failing to keep their responsibilities.

I see it that once a unit realizes he has the power, his roleplay de-grades to where it is lacking what it had once been; this, mainly (an assumption, here) due to the guns and batons they are given, which encourages the carelessness.

So that now brings me to realize something; if I was to suddenly apply (if I ever had the motivation to write a long-ass paragraph) I would dominate those of failure in the Civil Protection.

Offline [CG] Rekyit Merlo

• Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2012, 07:19:27 PM »
604, AKA GLOBEY, has done this before except on a much grander scale. We're neighbors so I'll talk to him.

Offline Airborne1st

• I'm White
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2012, 07:50:42 PM »

I usually have NOVA check on them before I deem them 10-103m completely, then I let them execute them instead.

Why don't we make this a rule and enforce it? NOVA units don't get Psychological training for no reason.

Also, I think one problem is the mindset of many High Command units. They are allowed to amputate and do just about anything really and they do it for 1) because they can, and 2) to seem "Bad ass" to the lower ranking units and the citizens as well. It seems that because HC units are allowed to hate citizens because of their humanity, they use that as an IC reason to kill them for no real reason. If an 02, even an 01 were to do the same thing in this situation, the EpU would have probably called them down like you wouldn't believe. Too many citizens are killed like cattle for no reason other than for someone to get their fill of finally shooting a weapon in the game and actually hitting something.

Don't get me wrong, amputations are going to happen and in many cases, they should. The issue seems to be the lack of RP with the amputations. Someone commits level 1 trespassing by walking up to the Nexus steps? They're likely to be amputated, when they should actually just be detained for a cycle or two. People just look for too many reasons to amputate these days without putting any effort into the RP other than, "/me unloads a full clip into his/her chest."

I don't really see why VOID was disbanded. It had potential to be used to fix problems like this and get rid of such units, or discipline them accordingly. I know we have the UED stuff now, but the in game, IC presence of an IA division put fear into units. Times like these, it would come in rather handy I think.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2012, 08:12:54 PM by Airborne1st »

Offline Reimer

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2012, 08:05:40 PM »
Why don't we make this a rule and enforce it? NOVA units don't get Psychological training for no reason.

Naw, I'm pretty sure we just do the training to whack off in the Medbay and kill time.

I support having NOVA determine mental conditions from now on.
5:28 PM - wakeboarderCWB: swastika really?
5:28 PM - Lone Wanderer: we made it to riemer
5:28 PM - Lone Wanderer: he's the holy ghost
5:28 PM - Lone Wanderer: we makes sacrifices there

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPV_JPM_wrM" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPV_JPM_wrM</a>

« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2012, 08:56:41 PM »

Naw, I'm pretty sure we just do the training to whack off in the Medbay and kill time.

I support having NOVA determine mental conditions from now on.
Fun fact I made it so a while ago what the fuck changed?

Offline [CG] Rekyit Merlo

• Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2012, 09:14:29 PM »
No one liked your changes?

« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2012, 11:25:14 PM »
No one liked your changes?
I'm sorry I clearly didn't make one of the best standing divisions in the CCA one of which I think you were apart of...

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal