Author Topic: HL2RP Authorizations Applications [TEMPORARY]  (Read 64861 times)

Offline ?????¬??

• An Idiot
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: HL2RP Authorizations Applications [TEMPORARY]
« Reply #135 on: January 19, 2013, 05:30:08 PM »
Player Section

Steam Name: hockeygoalie5
How long have you been Roleplaying? (can be any game): Several years
How long have you been playing Serious GMod RP?: Over a year

Character Section

Authorization(s):
  • electrical engineering skills (soldering, wiring, etc.)
  • mechanical/auto engineering skills
  • scavenging/recycling electronics skills

Name: Klaus Zusammen
Affiliation: Loyalist

Write a detailed in-canon back-story how your character obtained these authorizations.
The Calm (1989-2004)
October 13th, 1989 gave a healthy child to the world, much to a superstitious family's surprise; it was Friday the 13th, and so close to Halloween. Donned in what seemed to be all the charms in the world, a smiling father rocked a small, warm figure in his arms. The family survived in a cold, small house in West Berlin. Lucky to have been on the right side of the world when the Wall went up, Klaus Zusammen cherished a happy childhood. Regardless, the Berlin Wall fell sharply just months after his birth. His family celebrated when they could reunite with old friends who lived in the German Democratic Republic's harsh rule. Klaus was an intellectual child, but never much more than average. He, however, matured quickly, and took to books. Spending hours in the library, till he had no choice but to return home for dinner. Klaus wanted a practical life, and prepared for it early. He took business classes in school and - at a high pace - learned the ins and outs of a good deal. Klaus never went to a university; he found a job right out of school. The young man moved to Münchin to work as a car salesman. Selling was not his only passion, though: nothing excited him more than grasping a wrench and opening the hood. Self educated, Klaus soon repaired as many cars as he sold and became rather well off. His fortune, sadly, would not last long.

The Storm (2004-2011)
Words spread like fire around the world: scientists, aliens, portals; it almost sounded like a hoax, a joke, unreal. No attacks had struck in Germany yet, but no chances were to be taken. Cities were turned into refugee camps as populations who lived outside of the cities were rounded up and brought outside. Passions flared; a new race was in attack mode, but yet the people's minds were still against the government. The tyrants! The monsters! Forcing citizens under military rule! They didn't vote for it! They didn't know that their fighting would be obsolete soon; they didn't know that this government would soon seem like a blessing compared to what was coming. Anyone with skills were put to work. Klaus had skills, and he helped with the mechanical technology around the camp. He was trained to repair and operate various military vehicles. Klaus was not much of a soldier, however, so he stayed away from the fight and worked in the background. He soon became a scavenger and recycled anything he could get his hands on into something useful. The military highly appreciated his work, but didn't treat him to match how they felt. The soldiers often harassed Klaus about about his meagre strength, despite its balance by his intellect. Unaffected, Klaus worked endlessly to ensure the camp was well protected. People's cooperation increased with the alien attacks. They thought they could be safe if they worked together with that goal; hoping they could wait it by. It almost seemed like they could, but a far more serious force had to speak its lines. The Combine attack begun in 2010; the Combine attack ended 7 hours later. Defeated races, built to their optimum power, were too strong for the human militaries. There was little fighting. Klaus knew he had to survive, and he knew the only way how.

The Peace (2011-)
"There's no reason to make them angry," Klaus could only try to convince himself. He knows how poorly the people who only made a minor disruption are treated. How they are beaten; how they are killed. He faces none of it. Klaus comfortably perches his lips on the invaders' hind-quarters whenever asked, and he was rewarded. He figured death was inevitable, so he might as well as make life easy. He looks up rather than down, and he saw what he could become and how well he could live. He decided that he'd try to not survive, but to thrive. Klaus wants to feel the protection of the Combine armor and power. He wants to be one of them. He figured that he might try to put his skills to his advantage and earn respect from the Combine. He has a long road ahead, but is confident.

What will these authorizations give your character in regards to perks or defects?
Perks
  • Klaus will be able to repurpose  items to aid him
  • Klaus can be trained to operate and repair Combine technology

Defects
  • Klaus can be targeted for his abilities

What do you plan to do with these perks/defects?
Assist the Combine.

Will anyone else need these auths? (If so, list OOC and IC name(s))
No.

Extra Notes (optional):

Offline Zail

• Weird Gurl Nr.1
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #136 on: January 19, 2013, 08:16:07 PM »
Tyler and Dallas see your applications as Accepted.

Frolie.

I've never been the hugest fan of molotovs in game, as they are a huge weapon if used accordingly.
Possible you've gotten the auths for much more dangerous auths, but I'm going ahead and say NO to the molotovs.

The lockpicking skills, rags and such seems fine to me. I'll say yes to this as long as you remember to stick to the rag limit. You can always be able to find more here and there in the city, but please don't asspull any or just trip over them.

Would you like some 3.14(something long shit.)

Does Bean have the authorization for advanced firearm and melee skills? If so, please link it.
Eitherway, if he does, I'd like to also see it rp'd out on the server so it also would take a few OOC days to have it fully advanced. I dislike people magically having the ability from one day to another.
Beside, where are you getting the ammo from, as I know it's scavenging? Possible training without?
Please report back to me regarding that.

Basic survival skills? Sure.
The ability to leave OOC? On circumstances: If you decide to leave OOC to scavenge, your character is going to be away ## amount of OOC days. So if you head to scavenge for 3 days, you may not use the characters for fully 3 OOC days before you may return with your character. If you agree on this, then Sure.

hockeygoalie5

Would you please add if your skills were basic / advanced / expert?
If so, I'll report back later to your scavenging / recycling.

Beside your perk:
Klaus can be trained to operate and repair Combine technology
You can ONLY be trained in the Combine Technology by the CCA. Therefore, you can't have this perk.
+ Combine technology is alien technology. Some is earth-like, but not everything.

Offline Kevin

• I AM SO KROGAN
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #137 on: January 19, 2013, 09:29:46 PM »
@ Challenge - http://www.catalyst-gaming.net/index.php?topic=11846.0

Character Section

Authorization(s): A 3 inch Switchblade (For Sarah), brass knuckles (Phillip), an ice pick (much like the one in Modern Warfare 2, for Phillip), a plain brown scarf (Sarah) and a black bandana (Phillip)

Name: Phillip Lucid
Affiliation: Citizen

Write a detailed in-canon back-story how your character obtained these authorizations.

Phillip rubbed the stubble along his jaw, looking down at the small assortment of weapons, tapping the small switchblade. "This."

The male shifted his glare from Phillip to the knife, slapping his hand away. "You no touch, yes? Three hundred fifty, you understand three hundred and fifty?"

Phillip nodded promptly, crossing his arms. "Aye. I understand, you're a cheap cunt is what I understand. You understand cheap cunt?"

The male stuck his hand out, centimeters from Phillip's face, wagging his finger just beneath Phillip's nose in a left-to-right pattern. "You no buy. I shall not sell my wares to the likes of you. Oamenii de aici... îmi face r?"

And with that, the Romanian man piled all of the weapons in the duffle bag and zipped it shut, coughing without covering his mouth, unknown drops of God-knows-what moistening Phillip's face.

Phillip curled his lips as the chubby male turned on his heels and briskly shuffled up the stairs behind him. Phillip turned quickly, and just as a large African-American man entered the alleyway, Phillip ducked, crawling and positioning himself against the stairs, covering his face as if he was bruised. He began groaning, "Ooooh feck... Jesus feckin' christ mate!"

The man jogged up to Phillip, "The fuck?! What happened!"

Phillip groaning, coughing a bit for effect without removing his hands from the majority of his face. "Feckin' Slav made off with all me tokens! A few thousand of 'em!"

The man raised his view from Phillip towards the stairs, quickly hopping up and sprinting after the salesman. "Mofuckin' tokens are mine, Slavic sombitch!"

Phillip slowly removed his hands from his face, pushing himself up with a groan. "The greed of man is a wondrous thing."

He quickly walked up the stairs, grabbing a brick from atop a dumpster and jogging towards the sounds of a scuffle. In an alleyway, the black man was atop the Romanian male, fists smacking against his face is a quick succession. As the beating concluded and the Romanian was unconscious, Phillip burst into the alleyway and reared his arm back, whipping the brick across the alleyway. With a sickening crack, the brick slammed into the forehead of the black male, sending him onto his back. Phillip rushed into the alleyway, pulling the duffle bag from a puddle of water and sprinting away, with what little energy he had left.

Upon his return back to his P3 apartment, he opened the duffle bag, presenting cans of sardines, the switchblade, a black bandana, a plain brown scarf, some slightly bent brass knuckles and an ice pick, with a shortened handle of course to increase the concealability to Sarah, the young woman whom he'd befriended over the lonely weeks in P3. All that night and into the next day the two practiced with their weapons and ate sardines, despite how disgusting they were.

What will these authorizations give your character in regards to perks or defects?

PERKS
-The ability to attack others and defend ourselves, obviously.
-The ability to hide our identities (To an extent) with the bandana and scarf.

DEFECTS
-As always, if we're found with these weapons by the CCA the outcome will be anything but good on our end.
-The weapons may require some sort of upkeep which me and Frolie are willing to RP.
-We may have to ditch them if push comes to shove.
-Our weapons may lead us to do some less than savory deeds.

What do you plan to do with these perks/defects?

The enhance the quality of our RP and possibly even that of others involved in the situation at hand. We also plan to create more Rp within P3 and make a story for ourselves.

Will anyone else need these auths? (If so, list OOC and IC name(s))

Sarah Marceau
« Last Edit: January 19, 2013, 10:14:31 PM by Tray [Games and Junk.] »
Frolie [Tray is Krogan]: sup bra
Tray [Isn't Krogan]: not much panties

Offline Would you like some 3.14159265?

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #138 on: January 19, 2013, 09:55:56 PM »
Would you like some 3.14(something long shit.)

Does Bean have the authorization for advanced firearm and melee skills? If so, please link it.
Eitherway, if he does, I'd like to also see it rp'd out on the server so it also would take a few OOC days to have it fully advanced. I dislike people magically having the ability from one day to another.
Beside, where are you getting the ammo from, as I know it's scavenging? Possible training without?
Please report back to me regarding that.

Basic survival skills? Sure.
The ability to leave OOC? On circumstances: If you decide to leave OOC to scavenge, your character is going to be away ## amount of OOC days. So if you head to scavenge for 3 days, you may not use the characters for fully 3 OOC days before you may return with your character. If you agree on this, then Sure.

Tray himself has linked his auth.

As for having to RP receiving said skills, I'd be fine with doing that.
As for training without the ammo, I tried to see if I could fit it in there and make it so Keiji wouldn't have to use a lot...hence why Beans would smack him upside the head if he ever missed. But, if I can find a way to implement him not using ammo, I'll definitely try.

In regards to having to leave OOC time for supplies, my plan was exactly that. If my char where to leave 3 days OOC time, I would not be able to use him for a full 72 hours.

All in all, I guess the only problem would be the Firearm, Melee and CQC & H2H auths, which I would be 100% fine with having to RP before receiving them.

Offline ?????¬??

• An Idiot
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #139 on: January 19, 2013, 11:34:43 PM »
hockeygoalie5

Would you please add if your skills were basic / advanced / expert?
If so, I'll report back later to your scavenging / recycling.

Beside your perk:
Klaus can be trained to operate and repair Combine technology
You can ONLY be trained in the Combine Technology by the CCA. Therefore, you can't have this perk.
+ Combine technology is alien technology. Some is earth-like, but not everything.
On your scale, it would be advanced. Also, the Combine tech perk is not that he can use their technology, but - because of his skills - he could be trained by the CCA quicker and take to the training better than other people; in a minor way, of course.

Offline Zail

• Weird Gurl Nr.1
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #140 on: January 20, 2013, 08:44:11 AM »
Tray [Games and Junk.]

Alright, your application seems fine and I'd like to accept it. Before I do so, I'll just ask a single question.
Are the two characters your own or another person's?
If they are you own, you know the rules about your own characters, knowing each others. :X

Accepted.

Would you like some 3.14159265?

Apllication seems in order, but I can't see the advanced melee skills.
The firearm ability is completely accepted.
Beside, I'd like to talk to you over steam regarding the OOC days. Please contact me.

Accepted.

hockeygoalie5

Application is accepted.
All CCA information can only be trained by the CCA, not by anyone else.
Scavenging will be a bit hard, depending on what you find

Locking this auth application thread for now. To the people above, pm me or contact me over steam so we can talk it over.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2013, 12:14:59 PM by Challenge of death sex<3 »

Offline Khub

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #141 on: January 20, 2013, 03:40:45 PM »
Unstickied this thread, no need to have this pinned up.

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #142 on: January 20, 2013, 09:39:10 PM »
Khub, you're bakka. Explain shit before locking a thread PLEASE!

This thread has been locked and unstikied again. You can now post authorization applications in the appropriate area of the applications section. Please view and read this thread for more information.

Offline Khub

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #143 on: January 21, 2013, 02:25:13 AM »
I should have put some info in I guess, thanks Statua.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal