Author Topic: Outlands Server map in need of changes  (Read 4637 times)

Offline SleepyInvestor

• XXMLG360n0sc0p3pr0
  • VIP
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Outlands Server map in need of changes
« on: March 26, 2012, 08:45:59 PM »
Have you guys ever considered allowing a skilled map maker look at out-lands servers map its a bit boring and quite un intriguing  maybe make it more of an adventurous map add a few creature such as AI that roam certain areas make it more rewarding to walk all the way across the map give the player a since of accomplishment when they've reached there chosen location.
Hannibal C Lecter

Offline kmp

• 4chan is my friend
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Outlands Server map in need of changes
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2012, 10:17:38 PM »
No. Just... no. We have a great Outlands map, and don't plan on replacing it anytime soon. If you don't like it, then meh, deal with it.
C18.MPF.RAZOR-OfC.448

Offline Rory

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2012, 11:55:01 PM »
I don't think the map is THAT adventurous in my opinion, but we don't need creatures roaming around on the map automatically.

Also can you move this to HL2RP suggestions anyone?

Offline SleepyInvestor

• XXMLG360n0sc0p3pr0
  • VIP
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2012, 07:54:25 AM »
I don't think the map is THAT adventurous in my opinion, but we don't need creatures roaming around on the map automatically.

Also can you move this to HL2RP suggestions anyone?
Well i did say in certain areas like added in.
Hannibal C Lecter

Offline SleepyInvestor

• XXMLG360n0sc0p3pr0
  • VIP
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2012, 07:58:17 AM »
No. Just... no. We have a great Outlands map, and don't plan on replacing it anytime soon. If you don't like it, then meh, deal with it.
I'm just saying you don't reward the player enough to stay on its one of the main reasons there Almost never any players on it they prefer the city Because it rewards you for moving a short distance the out-lands map just needs a few kinks and adjustments in my opinion and your free to yours also. The idea of wondering Ai is a bad idea though and i void that in my previous statement.
Hannibal C Lecter

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2012, 12:22:39 PM »
Adding AI to the map =/= skilled map maker. Calling me an unskilled map maker is really quite a dick move. I'd like to see you take two hl2 maps, merge them together, and add parts to the high ground from scratch. The pass parT? you know, the lake and the forest? Those were both empty space. The building atop the hill inbetween the lake and the facility? Blank space. The ravine? Blank space. The cliff on the left side you need ropes to get up? Blank space.

Why didn't I add AI to the map? Its a fuckign RP map. Administrators can add AI spawners if they want.

-ADD-

Oh. And use this thread next time...
http://www.catalyst-gaming.net/index.php?topic=10775.0

Offline SleepyInvestor

• XXMLG360n0sc0p3pr0
  • VIP
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2012, 03:01:21 PM »
Yes in my opinion you need to add more shit to the map my opinion. I voided the ai spawns in read the damn comments and i can make a better map than you its quite pancreatic all you have is one damn route to follow on instead of adding multiple ways to go which is plain bullshit i Can name shit load of flaws too im not saying you didnt work hard on it
Hannibal C Lecter

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2012, 03:25:26 PM »
Yes in my opinion you need to add more shit to the map my opinion. I voided the ai spawns in read the damn comments and i can make a better map than you its quite pancreatic all you have is one damn route to follow on instead of adding multiple ways to go which is plain bullshit i Can name shit load of flaws too im not saying you didnt work hard on it
if you think youre so good then why dont you make it yourself? Hm? Here ill even gove you the 10 and 10a vmfs. Or are you just posting to post?

Offline Rory

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2012, 03:40:40 PM »
I would just like more adventurous places to be in. Like a big town or a cave or an underground tunnel or shelter. Think back to a popular RPG or MMO you played where you went adventurous everywhere and it was so fun.

Offline kmp

• 4chan is my friend
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2012, 09:30:33 PM »
I'm going to lock this before it turns into a flaming fest...

Also, I don't like that you insult Statua's work. Just a hint.
C18.MPF.RAZOR-OfC.448

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal