Author Topic: Revive Space Build >>Updated OP<<<  (Read 3928 times)

Offline Pielolz

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Revive Space Build >>Updated OP<<<
« on: November 06, 2012, 08:07:19 PM »
Our last spacebuild had nothing and no one. The bare essentials, there was no  motivation to hurl yourself into space.  Now, there could be

CURRENCY TRANSFERS, yes, we could do ore mining. And thus, if you earn say, 20 astroides worth of ore, you can sell it to a guy. Then you can convert your newly made money into another server's cash. Like HRP or OCRP. Yes, actually earning money.

This would also promote piracy. Stealing some one's ore actually has a benefit.

PROS

+ Space build would get players
+People would have incentive to build shit
+ Economy

Cons

- Players getting large amounts of money

But what we have to remember is ore mining is hard, it takes a long time to get 10k worth of currency, and the exchange rate would be different

Space Build to HRP
2 ore equals 1 HRP

OCRP
3 ore equals 1 OCRP.

And perhaps we can add in the default Gmod's dupe system, where you can upload to the gmod network and use some of the uploaded dupes. This would allow players to save their work on a network rather then the server, and also retrieve ships that are not theirs. Some people suck at making ship,s and don't want to create a super carrier by hand, and that's fine.

New map: Gooniverse or Twin Suns would be a better change, no more fucked up textures, and no more glitches.
New weapons like Gcombat could bring the game mode alive, allowing players to blast pirates to hell or allow pirates to punch a neat hole in a ship, to then grapple on with Wire Weld and use a resource hose to steal ore.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2012, 12:30:10 AM by brb cutting »

Re: Revive Space Build
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2012, 10:11:41 AM »
Not to mention the weapons didn't work and it just had a feel like there should be more too it, but there wasn't..
1:23 PM - Pvt. Emory[113thCav]: I think 604 is a cat :3

2:07 PM - Juggernaut: Monkey with a gun
2:07 PM - Juggernaut: + Chunkeymonkey79
2:07 PM - Juggernaut: =
2:07 PM - Juggernaut: CHUNKYMONKEY WITH A GUN69
2:07 PM - chunkeymonkey79: YOU SIR ARE GOD

9:52 PM - Rory Phelps: gosh god damnit fuck my ass

Offline smt

• lemon flavor lubricant
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2012, 10:16:30 AM »
if we could get SB2 (i think 3 was the fucking shitty one with tons of new shit that was shit) running and working that'd be fun I'd like to play it again at some point yes

yes

Offline Machetian

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2012, 02:37:35 PM »
If this happens I have an updated file with ACF, SB2, SBMiner, SBEB and a few others. Even Lifecube or whatever, just ask if you need em.

Offline smt

• lemon flavor lubricant
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2012, 10:44:08 AM »
bump, any news on this? would genuinely like this

Offline Somone77

• Developer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2012, 04:48:24 PM »
It will be done when various addons that I support, namely Wenli's Tools, are updated to GM13, then, when I have time.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2012, 04:50:12 PM by Somone77 »

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal