Author Topic: From Arena to Skyrim...  (Read 4479 times)

Offline crazily farting teacher

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
From Arena to Skyrim...
« on: July 22, 2012, 01:16:27 PM »
Does it piss you off when you hear someone say Skyrim is so awesome but when? you ask about any other Elder Scroll game they go ''what?'' or ''there are others?''. Like I was chatting with a friend of mine and we were talking about Skyrim and I brought up going back and playing Daggerfall a week ago and he said whats that? I was sad.... the guy didnt even know what Oblivion was come to find out a lot of people only know about skyrim it makes me a sad panda, this happen to anyone else?

Offline Psycho29388

• Maximum Autism
  • VIP
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: From Arena to Skyrim...
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2012, 04:03:16 PM »
I dont even care about the Elder scrolls series much so yeah.

Offline .technoSprint

• VIP
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2012, 04:24:36 PM »
Don't really know what you're talking about...your posts are so grammatically raped they are illegible.

Offline swag master spiderman

• Grand Wizard of the KKK
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2012, 05:01:09 PM »
Get off your high horse, just because someone's first language isn't English doesn't mean you should ridicule them for it.

If you genuinely  didn't manage to catch what he meant, he's talking about how everybody knows what Skyrim is but not the previous games in the series.

Offline Psycho29388

• Maximum Autism
  • VIP
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2012, 05:04:57 PM »
Get off your high horse, just because someone's first language isn't English doesn't mean you should ridicule them for it.
Agreed, my first and only language is english but most of the time I end up not being able to explain things very well, then people start to cry and bitch about it.

I'll still mock people who are like this or worse though:

Offline .technoSprint

• VIP
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2012, 05:08:42 PM »

If you genuinely  didn't manage to catch what he meant, he's talking about how everybody knows what Skyrim is but not the previous games in the series.
My first language isn't English, it's Swedish, but obviously it doesn't phase anyone. Just because your first language isn't English doesn't mean you shouldn't take your time in your posts...and he was known to be post whoring earlier. If he took his time and slowed down and actually took time to type out his posts, they would be understandable. Who knows, his first language could be English.

Offline Mr Jive

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2012, 10:06:01 PM »
Back on topic I can understand if people don't remember the first two games, they are not hugley famous and came out before most of my friends would have been able to play them. I still enjoy the first two and most people I talk to about games are aware of Morrowind and Oblivion.
OCRP IC name: Rudy Smith

Offline Somone77

• Developer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2012, 11:18:54 PM »
I play skyrim and, though I had heard of the other elder scrolls games previously, never played them. With that said, the amount of fucks I give are insurmountable to how good of a game skyrim is regardless. From what I understand, there's no linear story that I am missing between all the games, aside from little references here and there. There's no reason to play the other games aside from the fact that they're probably really good, but for someone to pick up skyrim because of the good advertising the game got is not a bad thing. It's fantastic and you should be happy that the game has such a large new found playerbase.

Offline Hazard Time

• i luv hoerses
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2012, 01:51:00 AM »
Agreed, for a game that had as much advertising as a COD game, Skyrim actually turned out to be pretty damn good.  I have been thinking of downloading the prequels, but that never ends up well.  The earlier the game was made, the more of a likelihood you will be spending moping to yourself about the features that had yet to be implemented.  For example, after playing Fallout New Vegas, I can't play Fallout 3 because I find it frustrating that you can't mod what few weapons that exist in the game.  Also, why does NEW always have be synonymous with BAD?  Just because you play Fifth Generation Pokemon games and have never played any of the First Generation doesn't make you a bad person.  You were just born too late.

TL;DR translation:  Most games are great until the sequels come out (With several exceptions).

Also, while I have never played any TES games other than Skyrim, like somone, I am familiar with the others.  I have never heard of Dawnstar.  The only other TES game that you haven't mentioned yet would have to be Redguard, but maybe I didn't do well enough research.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2012, 01:53:23 AM by Hazard Time »

Offline Dallas

• Bowties Are Cool
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2012, 02:11:30 AM »
Well, to tell the truth, I have never played Arena OR Daggerfall but I have played Morrowind to Skyrim. Here is what I thought; good games at their time, must have been stunning but now... in 2012 during my internet down time I had, I played them once more. Morrowind especially seemed pretty slow and clunky. Now, I am NOT saying it was bad because of graphics, I am saying it felt really outdated and in some parts, with me not having played Morrowind in years, I got stuck. I was not stuck due to game difficulty but rather where to actually go, rather noobish of me but I found the whole 90% murky woodland/swamp to be a little monotonous. I had more fun with the games the later in the series, oh the hilarity I had live-streaming Oblivion, all the ridiculously under-powered swords, swinging at a wolf outside Bruma...

**Insert poorly made signature with fire, lens flares and obnoxious text**

Offline Stealth Effect98

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2012, 01:43:36 AM »
I haven't exactly had that happen, but what DID bother me was when I first saw the Skyrim Trailer. I was in awe at the trailer, thinking of how awesome and new it looked. I was amazed. But then I looked at the comments. I saw some people saying "Whoa, dude! Oblivion 2 looks awesome!"... I sat there and was sad at the fact that people could not just read the title that so obviously said 'The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim" And another encounter with that, I was on my XBox a few months before Skyrim came out, and me being an Elder Scrolls fan, I was just generally excited and and couldn't shut up about the fact that they were finally coming out with the 5th installment. Then one of the guys I was talking to in the party I was on said "Oh! So you're getting Oblivion 2 as well i see?!" I then said "It's Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, not Oblivion 2" and he then went on to tell me how it may as well have been Oblivion two, how they had a few loading screen tips about Oblivion . I couldn't help but get irritated at the false thoughts on the fact Oblivion 2 would be a game.

Offline .technoSprint

• VIP
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2012, 02:11:27 AM »
I haven't exactly had that happen, but what DID bother me was when I first saw the Skyrim Trailer. I was in awe at the trailer, thinking of how awesome and new it looked. I was amazed. But then I looked at the comments. I saw some people saying "Whoa, dude! Oblivion 2 looks awesome!"... I sat there and was sad at the fact that people could not just read the title that so obviously said 'The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim" And another encounter with that, I was on my XBox a few months before Skyrim came out, and me being an Elder Scrolls fan, I was just generally excited and and couldn't shut up about the fact that they were finally coming out with the 5th installment. Then one of the guys I was talking to in the party I was on said "Oh! So you're getting Oblivion 2 as well i see?!" I then said "It's Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, not Oblivion 2" and he then went on to tell me how it may as well have been Oblivion two, how they had a few loading screen tips about Oblivion . I couldn't help but get irritated at the false thoughts on the fact Oblivion 2 would be a game.
dat necropost

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal