Author Topic: Warnings?  (Read 3614 times)

Offline [Ä?ev] Colorful Dot

• VIP
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Warnings?
« on: January 16, 2012, 09:13:09 PM »
First before you say ANYTHING, I am new to this forum.

Ban withought warning, that seams harsh. How does one learn from being banned with a warning. I had no idea you guys were ban happy admins. I got banned for "Fail RP" because of a small mistake. I am NOT making a ban apeal, just because I would rather not have to deal with it over and over again. I refuse to play on your servers. I got NO warning, the admin didn't say anything to me. I don't even know who banned me, just some random admin. I liked the server, just not how if one person makes ONE small mistake-banned.

Thank you for reading this, please consider my opinion.

Offline Pirate Robot

• DEAD
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Warnings?
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2012, 09:16:18 PM »
Just a simple question and I think I already know the answer to it.
Edit: And it was OCRP, well that was a waste of a post.
You should appeal, can you from an hour ban...hmmm....?

inb4 lock
« Last Edit: January 16, 2012, 09:18:27 PM by The Pirate Robot »

• VIP
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2012, 09:26:05 PM »
Well, an hour ban is different, but I kick should be the sollution, I moderate an popular Jailbreak Server on CS:S. When they break the rules, we slay/kick/spec them so they can read the rules. What I did wasn't really ban-worthy. I just think I should of been warned "Don't do it again" or "Read the rules". I have read the rules, I just a misunderstanding on one of them.

Offline FPSRussia

• AUTISTIC FAGGOT WHORE
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2012, 09:48:26 PM »
Depends on what you did really. If it was small then they should of physed you to the roof and told you about what you did and how it could be resolved. But a ban for something small is not needed and was probably poorly looked into... I would ask for who the admin was and then ask what you did if you do not know already,
hello my name is Ryan Fournier. I am known on the internet as autism, and I like to pretend I am a little boy named Jamie Laou, a Justin Bieber look alike. I am not 18, so don't listen to me when I say I am. I'm roughly 13 years old.

Offline Kaiser Wilhelm I ?DetroitRP

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2012, 10:13:19 PM »
Well you pulled a ak-47 on me for a simple traffic stop numerous times. I dont think you deserve a warning, but a ban which you have received. I dont know if you got banned for that but it seems you didn't. A admin did do something for that offense, I think he gave you a warning.

Offline Saints Sasha

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2012, 10:47:56 PM »
Lol its funny how once and admin raged and killed everyone for hours and got banned next day and a guy who said a joke got banned in a second NOT THIS SERVER though
-Half-Life 2 Characters-

C45.CCA.S1-RCT.226

UU.COTA-THETA.OWR.23988

C45.CCA.JURY-05.034

John White

Stephen Jackson (Tier-2 Bus.)

Offline Black Elf

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2012, 02:41:49 PM »
Based on how you handle simple traffic violation stops, it appears to me what you were temp banned with was appropriate to your character. Work on handling things appropriately to the situation. A cop pulling you over for a speeding ticket does not involve an AK-47 to the face. And a temp ban is better than a kick because it emphasises that playing on their server is a privledge not a right, and it can very easily be revoked So take the time to make sure you clearly understand the rules of engagement before engaging.

Offline Nicknero

• Hatsune Miku
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [GMR2 Award] 100 MPH
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2012, 07:29:35 AM »
A short ban can be seen as a warning.
It gives you time to read trough the rules.

Admins are not ban happy. They know (At least I expect they do) when someone earns a ban, or a simple warning.

If you break a rule that is really common sense, then usually a warning won't help.
Check out my Youtube channel with all kinds of cool videos including LP's which I'm currently working at. Don't forget to give feedback as well. ;)

Offline autism

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Full Economy [GMR2 Award] 100 MPH [GMR2 Award] City Circuit Record
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Warnings?
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2012, 07:44:49 AM »
Well if you were new, you shouldve read the rules (which are located on the bottom of the tab menu). If you had known the rules, you wouldnt have broken them and then there would be no need for that warning.

Sent from my iPod Touch using Tapatalk
02/19/12 10:34:40 Nicknero1405 was killed by Nicknero1405 with a Nicknero1405

• VIP
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2012, 12:26:36 PM »
Well you pulled a ak-47 on me for a simple traffic stop numerous times. I dont think you deserve a warning, but a ban which you have received. I dont know if you got banned for that but it seems you didn't. A admin did do something for that offense, I think he gave you a warning.

NUMEROUS TIMES? It was one time. Never did it again. Infact, never had a confrentation with you since.

Offline Brenscrazy

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2012, 08:34:53 AM »
Read the rules, that is all you can do. Out of my first 6 days on the server I was banned for 4 for rather stupid reasons. I have not received a warning to this day about anything. I say again, READ THE RULES, and memorize them. I was told ignorance was not an excuse for breaking rules.

This thread may help you; http://www.catalyst-gaming.net/index.php?topic=10424.0
« Last Edit: January 24, 2012, 08:36:29 AM by superbeast »

Offline autism

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Full Economy [GMR2 Award] 100 MPH [GMR2 Award] City Circuit Record
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Warnings?
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2012, 08:45:19 AM »
Well the majority of these rules are COMMON SENCE. i mean, i would immediately figure out that failrp isnt allowed on an rp server.

Sent from my iPod Touch using Tapatalk
02/19/12 10:34:40 Nicknero1405 was killed by Nicknero1405 with a Nicknero1405

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal