Author Topic: Boris Gobachev's Journal  (Read 3899 times)

Offline 429ghost

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Boris Gobachev's Journal
« on: November 06, 2011, 03:57:08 PM »

[translation]

October 15th (OOC), 2016

So my neighbor gave me this journal to write in. I will write in it to tell events of life within the Universal Union. Do not, and I mean do not, mistake this for a diary.
It has been nearly a year and a half since the Combine invaded. When Earth surrendered, they enslaved the human race. But it was all for the greater good. The Universal Union reminds me much of the old country, of the Soviet Union.
I am happy with our benefactors. They have done a lot for me as a citizen. They helped me overcome my alcoholism, and they returned the great life of Communism, or atleast a similar life. Therefore, I am a Loyalist.
All those who are not Loyalists are fools! Especially those troublemaker anti-citizens and rebels. Most likely they are Capitalist scums, or Americans. I must be quiet about the Americans, living with them has helped me realize that not all Americans are all that bad. A few of my comrades are Americans.

Offline 429ghost

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Boris Gobachev's Journal
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2011, 06:01:03 PM »

[translation]

November 6th(OOC), 2016

Today was one of great tragic. Antlions were able to break through the outer defences of City 45. Me and my comrades were to stay in the UCH until the exogen breach was over. The thumpers were activated and everything.
One of my comrades, John Weedie, said his brother was still outside. I went with him to find his brother. We found him at the souvenir shop, he was with others. But we only took him.
As we were running back to the UCH, we encountered an antlion. We tried escaping it. Me and the brother made it back. My comrade, John, was not so lucky.
When I returned to my apartment, I locked my door and boarded up the windows. An hour later, the antlions were exterminated and we were given the all clear.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2011, 06:49:38 PM by 429ghost »

Offline 429ghost

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2011, 01:21:11 PM »
November 9th (OOC), 2016

I learn to write in English. I already know how to speak it. It's just that I know not how to write it. My neighbor helps me where he can. He is great comrade. When I need it, I could go to him for anything. He is such a nice man.
I met someone from antlion attack the other day. His name was Johnathan Caleb. He owns a souvenir shop in the plaza. I asked him if he's hiring, I'm from any good source of income in addition to rebates from rations. He gave me job cleaning out the window. It was easy 40 tokens. I told him if he needed any thing more, let me know.
There was troublemaker with a rebel group causing problems today. He posting anti-Universal Union posters across the plaza. By the time of rations, Civil Protection apprehended him. Idiot tried to put up fight. He is fool, it was three officer against one troublemaker. He was arrested as soon as possible. But it was fun watching the rumble. I must give credit to the troublemaker, he put up good fight.
I think that I could apply to CWU when reopen applications. It would be great. I would like to have more income and have the opportunity to serve the Universal Union at the same time! I can't wait until it opened again!

Offline 429ghost

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2011, 10:57:47 PM »
November 10th(OOC), 2016

I have been improving my english lately. It has been getting better, my neighbor said. In no time, I will be fluent in english in both speaking and writing. I just need to practice more.
I saw a UU commander today. He was very intimidating. He seemed to have absolutely no remorse. But it was ok, being in his shoes, it is probably neccessary.
I read a book called 'Zen of the Union'. It was a very good book! It makes absolute sense. The Universal Union is here to benefit all mankind. They have been traveling to universes all across the multiverse, conquering them in order to make them better! I am glad we have the Universal Union with us! I am also glad I read that book to help me realize this more.
There was a crazy troublemaker who was dangling a man from that hole in the wall of the top floor of the UCH. I saw the entire thing. The commander came and everything. The troublemaker demanded tokens, or he would drop the dangler. After the commander said that the Universal Union didnt negotiate with Anti-Citizens, he dropped the man. It was a miracle that someone was at the bottom to catch him in time. The commander then moved in to apprehend the troublemaker. He took him to the nexus where the troublemaker would be amputated.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2011, 11:23:26 AM by 429ghost »

Offline 429ghost

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2011, 11:09:00 AM »
November 11th(OOC), 2016

So I got a business permit today. I had to go to the CCA to get one. They had to interview me and everything. I plan to start a restaruant and call it 'Cafe Baltic'. I cannot start another bar, so a restaruant is the next closest thing.
Today the City Administrator made an appearance. He set up a Q and A from the balcony of the Nexus. All the citizens gathered around and asked questions about City 45 and the Universal Union. I asked him a few questions like "Why does the Universal Union consider rape a UPA punishble to both the assailant and even the victim" and "If the Universal Union want civil stability, why must they go through such brutal methods to do so". He reasured me that it was all for our own good.
I recommended the 'Zen of the Union' book to him. I told him that it was a great book and that it changed my life. He said that he read it already and that he agreed with me. Our City Administrator really is doing a great job.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2011, 11:10:47 AM by 429ghost »

Offline 429ghost

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2011, 06:47:50 PM »
November 13th(OOC), 2016

Today was a good and bad day. I finally started that restaurant I've always wanted to start. I called it 'Cafe Baltic'. I have already hired three employees. They work very well. Business is nice.
Now this where I start explaining the bad part of the day. A man came in to my restaurant. He was russian like me. He ordered a smooth breens water. He sat down and finished it, and when he got back up, he took the can and threw it at me. Luckily I dodged it. I immediately yelled at him to leave, and then I used my request device to report him.
When I was closing the shop, a group of officers came up and tried to arrest me. They said that I matched the description of a BOL. It was the same description that I had given them earlier about the man who threw a can at me. They had already beaten me before they realized they had the wrong man. I had to see a CWU worker about my wound and I now have a bandage on the back of my head. Nonetheless, I am forgiving of their mistake, as they are trying to do their job in protecting us.
On a brighter note, I recieved a Loyalist Armband and official Loyalist status today. I was cleaning the nexus stairs when an 01 noticed me. He saw how clean the stairs were and asked me to apply. When I did, he added one Loyalist point in my record and gave me a Loyalist Armband. I am very happy that I have achieved Loyalist status.

Offline SoapANator

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2011, 07:12:05 PM »
// why do I imagine your citizen voice sounds like Nikolia from WoW..
Former Characters:
Jimmy Valtizno - Civil Protection memeber for six months. Highest rank achived: EpU in APEX. Cause of Death: Shot, for attempted suicide.
Konstatine Ivanov - Held in prison cell for Anti-Civil activity for several months. Unkown if he's dead or alive.

MIA Characters
Gregory 'Death' Nikitn- Last seen wondering acorss the Outlands, in a critical state.
Zoe Kriyake - Has not been heard in weeks. Possibly re-located to C-18

Alive Characters
Pavalo Anodov - Wondering C18, unsure

Offline 429ghost

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2011, 07:33:24 PM »
// never played WoW so I wouldnt know why.

Offline 429ghost

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2011, 11:36:41 AM »
November 20(OOC), 2016

I have just applied for CWU today. I absolutely hope that I get accepted. I am so excited. Soon I will be helping the Universal Union! Now it is just a matter of time and patience.
I am concerned how I will be able to run the restaurant while in the CWU. I think I'll just give the shop to Matt Collins. I just promoted him to manager recently. He is perfect.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2011, 03:49:58 PM by 429ghost »

Offline 429ghost

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2011, 04:14:23 PM »
November 21(OOC), 2016

Today was terrible. When I went into the shop to open up, I found it completely vandalised! Civil Protection couldn't do anything about it. I dont understand why anyone would do that. I don't have any enemies. It was probably those troublemaker anti-citizen scums. They probably vandalised my restaurant.
I was forced to close down the shop. I had to board it up. Matt came along and bought the shop. He now runs it. Well anyway now I can focus more on the CWU. I just hope they accept my application.
There was another exogen breach today. It was funny, I was taunting a few antlions from the safety of a thumper. I've learned my lesson, because as I turned around, I saw a big one, an Antlion Guard so the CP officers call them, running towards me like a bull. I immediately dodged it with my life and ran as fast as I could into the UCH. I boarded up the windows of my apartment.
After the breach, there was a crazy man being detained in the apartment upstairs. He was being detained for being mentally unfit and pretending to have a dog or something. I went up and said to the officer who was guarding the door, I said jokingly that "That dog has been barking all night long." he didnt see it as a joke, he saw it as an actual report. He detained me for inaction, which is conspiracy, and took me to the nexus. There I explained to him that it was simply a joke and not to be taken seriously, and that I was a Loyalist and if the dog were real and it had actually been barking, it wouldve already been reported. Fortunately, he understood and let me go. I do not know if anyone could be as lucky as I was there. That was a major close call. Note to self: Never joke around with Civil Protection officers, atleast not if you aint one of them and you know them better.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2011, 09:25:10 PM by 429ghost »

Offline emma

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2011, 06:39:16 AM »
// Oh no! His shop! I really hope you get fix it up!
;)

Offline 429ghost

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2011, 08:47:45 PM »
November 22nd(OOC), 2016

There was an explosion from the souveneir shop today. I was cleaning the nexus stairs when it happened, I saw everything. Debris was flying everywhere. Officers told us not to get too close. One piece of debris fell on an officer. Fortunately, his augmentations helped him survived. The officers then got out equipment and put out the fire. When the fire was over, a DvL had us clean up the debris.
We were told that if we do our job correctly, we would be rewarded with rations. I did my part enthusiastically. I picked up a lot of the debris. Unfortunately, there were a few troublemakers who were complaining about the work. Because of them, our rations were not rewarded. Those fools.
When the clean up was over, I offered to board up the former shop. It had no use. I did so enthusiastically. Afterwards, I was rewarded with a Loyalist point.

Offline 429ghost

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2011, 06:15:10 PM »
November 24th(OOC), 2016

Today was tragic. There was a big breach today, of both exogens and what the Civil Protection called 'Necrotics'. Which consisted of what they also call 'Headcrabs'. At the beginning of it all, one of those fast ones lunged at me. Fortunately, I managed to get out of the way. However it bit me in the leg. An officer was there to save me. They took me into the nexus, to check if I was infected. I was not. They then released me back out into the chaos.
I ran as fast as I could, but was cornered by the fast zombies. Oh by the way, the headcrabs latch onto people, turning them into zombies. They kept scratching me and hitting me. Fortunately there were more officers there to save me. That is why I am a Loyalist!
I ran into the UCH with my wounds. I found Matt, he was very scared.
When the breach was over, me and Matt went out to see if it was safe. Alas, it was. I have never been in such chaos since the invasion. It was always the Universal Union keeping us safe from such things.

Offline 429ghost

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2011, 06:12:14 PM »
December 2nd(OOC), 2016

Yes! My application to the Civil Workers Union has finally been accepted. I recieved a letter that I have been accepted for interview and then went to the CWU HQ where I was interviewed by Co-organiser John Bourne. I told him that my Loyalist ways lead me to become a CWU worker. I am so happy! I am so glad that I can now serve my part for the Universal Union! I can't wait to do some work as a CWU Worker!

Offline 429ghost

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2011, 07:16:57 PM »
December 4th(OOC), 2016

Today, I went into the CWU HQ. I was surprised to find defamation of the Universal Union on the notice board. That could mean there is conspiracy within the CWU. I reported it to the Civil Protection. An officer came down and took a look. John happened to be there. The officer then told us to come with him into the Nexus for investigation. It was suspected that it was Scoot Waz who did it, seeing as how the paper was originally mentioning his name before it was scribbled on with non-sense. I told the officer that Scoot should not be the only suspect, as anyone could have taken the opportunity to see his name on the paper and blame him for it. The officer agreed with me. He then let us go.
Later, the plaza was in status red. I was walking around, minding my own business, when a man walked up to me. He told me, whispering, something. He said that he hated us CWU and would kill all of us in an instant. I told him "Good for you" and walked up to the officer that was near to report what he just said. Of course, he ran off as I approached the officer.
.//mingerun// I told the officer what happened, and he added the man to the Civil Protection's BOL list.
Even later, I was walking around the UCH when I came across a room where a man and woman were lying in bed. Fortunately they weren't doing what I thought they were doing. But the woman was sick. She was bedridden sick. I went outside to report it to the officers. They then detained her, and the man. They were more than likely amputated. Unfortunately it did not stop the disease from spreading, as others became infected. I rushed to the CWU HQ to get some face masks from the medical division. We were told to assume inspection positions to be checked for infection. I handed out the masks during then. When it was all over, we were all rewarded with rations.
The City Administrator made a speech today. He talked about the future. He talked about how he plans to make City 45 a better place. I asked him if he was going to clean Sector 6 of its criminal troublemakers. He said yes, that he plans to. He is such a great man.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal