Author Topic: OCRP New Map Beta !!!COMING SOON!!!  (Read 19263 times)

Offline Scratchie

• test
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: OCRP New Map Beta !!!COMING SOON!!!
« Reply #45 on: October 14, 2013, 04:41:26 PM »
I'd kindly like to point out that I am no longer part of lua development at cg unless in case of immediate emergencies when another dev (wake) isn't on to fix it. I've never been on a break/vacation as people like to think, I've just stopped developing right after I was planning on a break. I only stay to maintain various scripts on the website that I manage and to assist in mass changes like the recent database change.

Offline wakeboarderCWB

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #46 on: October 14, 2013, 05:08:12 PM »
I offered Alaskan my help in setting up the map(NPCs, spawn points, etc) but he said he'll find someone.

Offline ???????£??Rose Nocturna???

• Kitsune Developer
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #47 on: October 14, 2013, 07:39:10 PM »
Im still working on things, but if I find the time, I could forward some form of help possibly....

Offline Constable Strelnikov

• Nothing more dangerous than [DATA EXPUNGED]
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Full Economy [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #48 on: October 15, 2013, 02:40:37 PM »
I offered Alaskan my help in setting up the map(NPCs, spawn points, etc) but he said he'll find someone.
So is he still finding someone, or has he gone typical Alaskan on us and "gone AFK", so to speak?
Im still working on things, but if I find the time, I could forward some form of help possibly....
That would be great. If we can assemble an A-team of devs to work on this...
READY AYE READY

Alexei Strelnikov | Alive | Innocent. Or is he?
C45.MPF.NOVA-OfC.900 | In service

Offline Tyrion The Anal Explorer

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #49 on: October 16, 2013, 11:04:15 AM »
I am still learning the lua libraries for gmod otherwise I would offer my help.  I have a little over a year of programming experience.

I find it so hard to understand code -_-. Anything but code i'm fine with. I got solid A/A*'s in ICT and also computer studies :/

^^Credit to Dixon xD

Offline Nicknero

• Hatsune Miku
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [GMR2 Award] 100 MPH
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #50 on: October 16, 2013, 11:11:25 AM »
I am still learning the lua libraries for gmod otherwise I would offer my help.  I have a little over a year of programming experience.

I find it so hard to understand code -_-. Anything but code i'm fine with. I got solid A/A*'s in ICT and also computer studies :/

Understanding code is the easy part.
It's writing your own from sketch that is difficult.
Check out my Youtube channel with all kinds of cool videos including LP's which I'm currently working at. Don't forget to give feedback as well. ;)

Offline Constable Strelnikov

• Nothing more dangerous than [DATA EXPUNGED]
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Full Economy [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #51 on: October 16, 2013, 03:14:09 PM »
Back to the point here,

We already have everything we need to revitalize OCRP. See?
  • We have the devs needed to finish this update.
  • We have the code we need to de-nerf weed.
  • We have the scripts ready, just waiting to be edited and applied.
  • We have all of the new content.

All we're really waiting on is Rofl to hurry the fuck up and pick a dev to finish this, and for OCRP's server slot to have it's connection to the SQL server restored. Statua went through months of work on this map only for it to never be applied? No. If we actually just sit down and try, we could have this out by the end of the week. CG's popularity would skyrocket again, and the OCRP population would come flooding back.

Think about it: CG is basically dead, aside from HRP. Our only unique gamemode is HRP, but even then, Tomasas went off on his own and made Gaydon Servers, which hosts "HarborRP Original". If we get OCRP back up again AND de-nerf weed, BOOM.. OCRP (and Catalyst) populations restored.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2013, 03:32:19 PM by ??BSG???? Strelnikov »
READY AYE READY

Alexei Strelnikov | Alive | Innocent. Or is he?
C45.MPF.NOVA-OfC.900 | In service

Offline Teitoku Ippan

• weeaboo faggot
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Owner Party
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #52 on: October 16, 2013, 03:24:44 PM »
Think about it: CG is basically dead.

one word

lol

Offline Keskjer

• Catalyst Gaming
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #53 on: October 16, 2013, 03:24:59 PM »
de-nerfing the growing of weed will only keep people/ population up for sometime, after people get enough money/buy everything/cars the population will die down as theres nothing to achieve anymore. As far as CG is dead, its getting really old for people saying it, as its far from dead. And we already stated that OCRP is needing a new Dev to get the updates out and etc. Till that happens nothing is going to change sadly.

Offline Bish

• PENIS IN A BOX
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #54 on: October 19, 2013, 02:29:44 AM »
I can set all that stuff.  Basics.
For The Social Republic Of The Soviet Union

Offline Royal.

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #55 on: October 30, 2013, 02:55:21 PM »
Woohoooooooh new map

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal