Author Topic: OCRP New Map Beta !!!COMING SOON!!!  (Read 19260 times)

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: OCRP New Map Beta !!!COMING SOON!!!
« Reply #30 on: September 13, 2013, 09:32:28 AM »
OCRP2's script also needs to be set up for Rockford. This means doors, NPCs, regions, etc.

Offline rBST Cow

• Tinniest title on CG
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #31 on: September 13, 2013, 05:42:20 PM »
So if CG can fix ocrp2 and not make it autistic, maybe waffle should sell the ocrp1.5 script and make it kinda like clockwork. If its leaked/someone gets a hold of it, like the clockwork script, it'll fuck up and there will still be back doors so the devs can wreck havoc. Plus the number 1 thing he will get from it, the most important thing to him it seems, DOSH
abbot common stop bad for you if u watch anime all day nigga u fuckn weaboo

Offline Constable Strelnikov

• Nothing more dangerous than [DATA EXPUNGED]
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Full Economy [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: September 14, 2013, 12:44:33 AM »
Why did OCRP die in the first place, anyway? The only thing bad about it was the amount of stuff you needed to install, but there wasn't even as much for OCRP as there was for HL2RP...
READY AYE READY

Alexei Strelnikov | Alive | Innocent. Or is he?
C45.MPF.NOVA-OfC.900 | In service

Offline rBST Cow

• Tinniest title on CG
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #33 on: September 14, 2013, 01:27:50 AM »
Why did OCRP die in the first place, anyway? The only thing bad about it was the amount of stuff you needed to install, but there wasn't even as much for OCRP as there was for HL2RP...

if you played ocrp in the 1.5 era, and then in the 2.0 era, you'd see a big difference. attuitide, rules, the way the game is played, i mean really everything is different. 1.5 seemed to be a lot more laid back and the general atmosphere was better. oh and it was on 2vd which was a big difference, seeing how x33 or whatever the name is was to different/many people didn't have the map. and like a lot of people, including me, autodl/fastdl rarely works when downloading maps when joining the server for the first time, so that always hurt since most people didn't have x33 in the first place.

i dunno man, go look at the servey that was done,  but im just saying what i feeels.

Offline Officialjake

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: September 14, 2013, 05:01:47 PM »
So if CG can fix ocrp2 and not make it autistic, maybe waffle should sell the ocrp1.5 script and make it kinda like clockwork. If its leaked/someone gets a hold of it, like the clockwork script, it'll fuck up and there will still be back doors so the devs can wreck havoc. Plus the number 1 thing he will get from it, the most important thing to him it seems, DOSH

Are you talking about intentionally placing malicious code into the gamemode?  Also putting a "backdoor" in the gamemode to gain unauthorized access to someones computer system is a felony in it of itself and possibly even more felonies depending on what you do once you are in the system.  Not to mention someone could crack the backdoor and use it against you.
Misunderstood Cow's post.

It died when the value of drugs got nerfed and other reasons.  (I didn't care much about growing as I mostly did EMS)
« Last Edit: September 14, 2013, 08:31:28 PM by [CG-CFM DJ] Officialjake »
Half Life 2 RP Characters

-David Collins | Citizen Healthcare Provider | Alive
-Hanz Schnider | Citizen | Alive
-C45.MPF.NOVA-04.634 | Alive
-Dan Shepard | Citizen | Alive

Offline rBST Cow

• Tinniest title on CG
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: September 14, 2013, 05:05:34 PM »

Are you talking about intentionally placing malicious code into the gamemode?  Also putting a "backdoor" in the gamemode to gain unauthorized access to someones computer system is a felony in it of itself and possibly even more felonies depending on what you do once you are in the system.  Not to mention someone could crack the backdoor and use it against you.

It died when the value of drugs got nerfed and other reasons.  (I didn't care much about growing as I mostly did EMS)

You like completely misread that. In the clockwork gamemode they have back doors in it so they can give themselves admin in the case someone doesn't buy an actual copy of it. They don't put malicious things on you computer...

Offline Officialjake

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: September 14, 2013, 08:31:54 PM »

You like completely misread that. In the clockwork gamemode they have back doors in it so they can give themselves admin in the case someone doesn't buy an actual copy of it. They don't put malicious things on you computer...

Sorry about that.  Edited my post.

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Full Economy [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #37 on: October 13, 2013, 10:33:35 AM »
Pardon the necropost, but what's the plan here? The server went down before any of the stuff in this thread was done.
READY AYE READY

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #38 on: October 13, 2013, 12:37:23 PM »
We're waiting for an OCRP2 dev to get some things done.

Offline Keskjer

• Catalyst Gaming
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #39 on: October 13, 2013, 01:02:42 PM »
Wheres Karma? He was doing rather well with OCRP fixes.

Offline Hazard Time

• i luv hoerses
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #40 on: October 13, 2013, 03:23:07 PM »
Still on his "vacation".  I not arguing with his choice, but I think it is a little unfair for him to not at least try and find someone to cover for him if he's going to be away this long.

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #41 on: October 13, 2013, 03:25:26 PM »
Karma should've been back ages ago. He's still semi-active on the forums.
All he really did was nerf weed and add new cars. If he de-nerfed weed, the playerbase would come exploding back.
Still on his "vacation".  I not arguing with his choice, but I think it is a little unfair for him to not at least try and find someone to cover for him if he's going to be away this long.
His "vacation" is his excuse to sit around his apartment and do various narcotics.
READY AYE READY

Offline Bish

• PENIS IN A BOX
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #42 on: October 13, 2013, 04:54:01 PM »
Karma should've been back ages ago. He's still semi-active on the forums.
All he really did was nerf weed and add new cars. If he de-nerfed weed, the playerbase would come exploding back.
His "vacation" is his excuse to sit around his apartment and do various narcotics.
Everything in that statement... so true.. especially the weed nerf.
For The Social Republic Of The Soviet Union

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #43 on: October 14, 2013, 03:52:31 PM »
Is it possible that Wake or another developer could finish these scripts if they're not too busy with another project (in Wake's case, likely HRP)? I REALLY want the new map, the OCRP population will skyrocket once more if we push this update.

EDIT: Plus I never got the "junkie" award.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2013, 04:00:13 PM by ??BSG???? Strelnikov »
READY AYE READY

Offline Officialjake

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #44 on: October 14, 2013, 04:10:40 PM »
I am still learning the lua libraries for gmod otherwise I would offer my help.  I have a little over a year of programming experience.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal