Author Topic: Religion and Relationships  (Read 21144 times)

Offline rBST Cow

• Tinniest title on CG
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Religion and Relationships
« Reply #45 on: March 14, 2012, 08:54:02 PM »
Le'sigh, if I am about to type out a paragraph worths of my opinion only for you to only be trolling, I will find you, and I will poop in your ear.

Religion, Religion is a form of control for society, created in the dark ages as a way for people to believe there is hope. A false sense of hope for people who believed that if they where to repent and believe that their troubles would go away. This, turned out to somewhat be true, as people began to educate themselves but in the wrong ways, they began to learn about the false gods. Of course, before the dark ages there was indeed the Greek/Roman Gods but those where for nature and other things which is fine, because it is not saying that some unnamed god created the world because he deemed it fit to do so and sends his son to die on a cross. Then there is of course just the fact its complete rubbish. Hold your hands together, and whisper to yourself what you wish for, it may or may not come true. Well fuck, of course it may or may not come true, but they say if you repent for your sins it will be of a higher chance. No that's dumb. It's stupid. There is no possible evidence suggesting that there is a god, but there is evidence supporting that the theories of religion are false. Scientific evidence denying that god created everything on earth, it's called Evolution. /rant /rant /rant /rant /rant /rant /rant

Theories. Doesn't mean it's true.
abbot common stop bad for you if u watch anime all day nigga u fuckn weaboo

Offline [CG] Rekyit Merlo

• Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #46 on: March 14, 2012, 08:54:28 PM »
I am not debating anything with anyone, I am spreading the truth. But, I believe this should probably be stopped before it turns into a flame war.

CONT- A theory is a well tested hypothesis. Look around you, bacteria is constantly evolving from gods "Perfect" form he had set for them.

Offline Somone77

• Developer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #47 on: March 14, 2012, 08:58:10 PM »

Please define the word "Theory" for me, in your own words.

Offline Kaiser Wilhelm I ?DetroitRP

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #48 on: March 14, 2012, 09:04:37 PM »
To be honest this should be locked. We all have our own beliefs and all have our own "facts" to some how support it. Bottom line is we really no jack about the universe so we can't say who is right or wrong. Just guys, take it easy, your going either "RELIGION RELIGION RELIGION" or " NO RELIGION NO RELIGION NO RELIGION." Lets just get along and stop being aggressive. Ahh, I do expect someone to reply and say their same stuff again, if so, Ill come back with a 10 minute voice chat of saying what I think. I don't really think you want to hear it. PS This has gotton way way way off topic, we go from how religion affects relationships to how religion is false and stupid. No one is right here. I suggest you lock this now.

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #49 on: March 14, 2012, 09:05:17 PM »

Please do define Theory.

Offline cookiesofamerica

• I'm the american cookie motherfucker!
  • VIP
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #50 on: March 14, 2012, 09:34:38 PM »

Please do define Theory.
I'll explain about theories.  A theory is a prediction of how something like for example evolution (Which I believe that creationism and evolution both work IMO) it is a prediction of how we evolve, but we do not know how they did and if it does happen. I suppose DNA can solve that, but we are not quite sure of how this DNA formed. So we use a hypothesis of how it happened.
I Am The Living Coookie!
C17.S4L.04.864 Does projects I guess
UU.OTA.VANGUARD.56294- Does OTA stuff I guess
Alexander Burton- prays in the outlands and is from the Eastern Orthodox church.
Calvin Dufresne- I have no idea what he does

Offline Somone77

• Developer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #51 on: March 14, 2012, 09:41:32 PM »
You're close, but not quite right. A theory is an idea that has overwhelming evidence that has yet to be refuted despite multiple attempts.

Gravity is just as much a theory as evolution. Are you to tell me that Gravity is "just a theory" and that you can fly away because you don't believe in it?

Offline Arkaeth

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #52 on: March 14, 2012, 10:32:39 PM »
Oh god it's the "it's only a theory" argument again.

Within the scientific community, the title of theory is the highest confidence that something can be rewarded. We don't call something like gravity or evolution a fact because we acknowledge that evidence to disprove it could arise in the future. What one says in claiming something is a theory is that the evidence supports it and that there is nothing yet to the contrary.

Someone, I don't remember who, said it best- something along the lines of that it's funny that the religious are so often eager to hop onto the "it's just a theory" argument when in fact it's only called a theory due to the humility of science.
"In ancient times, men built wonders, laid claim to the stars and sought to better themselves for the good of all. But we are much wiser now."

Offline Kage Kuro

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #53 on: March 14, 2012, 10:37:45 PM »
Why not simply keep your beliefs to yourselfs and don't bug others about it.

There's morals implemented in human life as morals are implemented in animal life, whether its God or some genetics, it doesn't matter.
Be a good person not because you believe you'll go to hell if you don't, do it because you should and it well makes you feel good often.

Religion causes too many damn wars and ridiculous bullshit and often it can contradict itself.
Sonny Puzikas -"Chaos is the law of the Universe. . . Control is a dream of man."

Dr. Johnson - "He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man."

Offline Arkaeth

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #54 on: March 14, 2012, 10:43:47 PM »
Why not simply keep your beliefs to yourselfs and don't bug others about it.

There's morals implemented in human life as morals are implemented in animal life, whether its God or some genetics, it doesn't matter.
Be a good person not because you believe you'll go to hell if you don't, do it because you should and it well makes you feel good often.

Religion causes too many damn wars and ridiculous bullshit and often it can contradict itself.

Again, I'd like to point out the Humanist movement. While it is often associated with secularism and non-theism, there are nothing in its tendencies that would really be against the religious- I feel it's something everyone could join together on, were it not for restrictive dogma.
"In ancient times, men built wonders, laid claim to the stars and sought to better themselves for the good of all. But we are much wiser now."

« Reply #55 on: March 14, 2012, 10:53:00 PM »
You're close, but not quite right. A theory is an idea that has overwhelming evidence that has yet to be refuted despite multiple attempts.

Gravity is just as much a theory as evolution. Are you to tell me that Gravity is "just a theory" and that you can fly away because you don't believe in it?
Clearly because Newtons /law/ of Gravity doesn't mean anything.

Someone you also forgot that after some point in time if there's been no proof to disprove the theory it becomes a /Law/.

But we also live in a world were theories can become /Laws/ with proof still standing that they are/can be wrong(Global warming).

You are leaving off points to you argument that can be used to disprove you.
1:23 PM - Pvt. Emory[113thCav]: I think 604 is a cat :3

2:07 PM - Juggernaut: Monkey with a gun
2:07 PM - Juggernaut: + Chunkeymonkey79
2:07 PM - Juggernaut: =
2:07 PM - Juggernaut: CHUNKYMONKEY WITH A GUN69
2:07 PM - chunkeymonkey79: YOU SIR ARE GOD

9:52 PM - Rory Phelps: gosh god damnit fuck my ass

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #56 on: March 14, 2012, 10:57:21 PM »

Someone you also forgot that after some point in time if there's been no proof to disprove the theory it becomes a /Law/.

But we also live in a world were theories can become /Laws/ with proof still standing that they are/can be wrong(Global warming).

You're stupid Juggernaut, a Law is something that just happens, there is no way to explain it, it just happens. Gravity is caused by the attraction of the large of mass of electrons and the other entities protons, they attract together. Its a simple concept really, and requires no real basis of degrees or college education to understand.

I WILL STAND BY SOMONE77 UNTIL I DIE
« Last Edit: March 14, 2012, 11:03:54 PM by [CG]Commissar MYFUCKINGHEAD »

« Reply #57 on: March 14, 2012, 11:06:36 PM »

You're stupid Juggernaut, a Law is something that just happens, there is no way to explain it, it just happens. Gravity is caused by the attraction of the large of mass of electrons and the other entities protons, they attract together. Its a simple concept really, and requires no real basis of degrees or college education to understand.

I WILL STAND BY SOMONE77 UNTIL I DIE

FIRST no need to start calling people stupid(Flaming)...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scientific_law

Yeah yeah I know Wikipedia but look it up elsewhere I'm still half right.

1:23 PM - Pvt. Emory[113thCav]: I think 604 is a cat :3

2:07 PM - Juggernaut: Monkey with a gun
2:07 PM - Juggernaut: + Chunkeymonkey79
2:07 PM - Juggernaut: =
2:07 PM - Juggernaut: CHUNKYMONKEY WITH A GUN69
2:07 PM - chunkeymonkey79: YOU SIR ARE GOD

9:52 PM - Rory Phelps: gosh god damnit fuck my ass

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #58 on: March 14, 2012, 11:12:59 PM »
If you take offense to me calling you stupid, you must be very fragile mentally and emotionally probably even physically.

Offline cookiesofamerica

• I'm the american cookie motherfucker!
  • VIP
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #59 on: March 14, 2012, 11:19:58 PM »

Gravity isn't a theory in my opinion('tis a fact), but I was thinking on top of my head and forgot to mention to also say it support by heavy evidence.
I Am The Living Coookie!
C17.S4L.04.864 Does projects I guess
UU.OTA.VANGUARD.56294- Does OTA stuff I guess
Alexander Burton- prays in the outlands and is from the Eastern Orthodox church.
Calvin Dufresne- I have no idea what he does

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal