Author Topic: Anyone else get banned from codehire for 2 weeks after the HRP ripoff fiasco?  (Read 5623 times)

Offline Officialjake

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
So i just got banned because the admin over at the Gmod codehire site is deleting and banning everyone that says that the HRP job is a copyright violation instead of doing the responsible thing and taking it down.

I am assuming that he banned me and alaskan and maybe one other person.
Half Life 2 RP Characters

-David Collins | Citizen Healthcare Provider | Alive
-Hanz Schnider | Citizen | Alive
-C45.MPF.NOVA-04.634 | Alive
-Dan Shepard | Citizen | Alive

Offline Teitoku Ippan

• weeaboo faggot
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Owner Party
    • View Profile
    • Awards

well lets see if i get banned this lol
« Last Edit: September 08, 2013, 06:02:58 AM by Teitoku Ippan »

Offline Nicknero

• Hatsune Miku
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [GMR2 Award] 100 MPH
    • View Profile
    • Awards
I got banned as well. Even though my comment had nothing to do with it being a rip-off.
All I said was a reply to someone else's comment who was wrong about the US copyright laws.
I said something along the lines of copyrights belonging to the community who paid the coder for his work unless stated otherwise with a contract signed by both parties. So if the job hirer wanted to purchase the original HRP instead of remaking an exact copy, he should contact Roflwaffle instead of Tomasas. But I highly doubt Roflwaffle wants to sell it anyway.

That's all I said. Nothing less, nothing more. And I got banned for "Bandwagonning".
Like seriously? What kind of Nazi do you have to be to come up with retarded made up rules like that to ban people just because you don't like their comment? Lol...

Aaaanyways, I don't want to bring all this silly drama to these forums. So don't let this thread go out of hand or it will have to be locked.
(Yeah I know, I said that even though I contributed to the thread myself...)
« Last Edit: September 08, 2013, 07:23:22 AM by Nicknero1405 »
Check out my Youtube channel with all kinds of cool videos including LP's which I'm currently working at. Don't forget to give feedback as well. ;)

Offline Teitoku Ippan

• weeaboo faggot
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Owner Party
    • View Profile
    • Awards

that is all, coderhire owner has confirmed autism

Offline Officialjake

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
I got banned as well. Even though my comment had nothing to do with it being a rip-off.
All I said was a reply to someone else's comment who was wrong about the US copyright laws.
I said something along the lines of copyrights belonging to the community who paid the coder for his work unless stated otherwise with a contract signed by both parties. So if the job hirer wanted to purchase the original HRP instead of remaking an exact copy, he should contact Roflwaffle instead of Tomasas. But I highly doubt Roflwaffle wants to sell it anyway.

That's all I said. Nothing less, nothing more. And I got banned for "Bandwagonning".
Like seriously? What kind of Nazi do you have to be to come up with retarded made up rules like that to ban people just because you don't like their comment? Lol...

Aaaanyways, I don't want to bring all this silly drama to these forums. So don't let this thread go out of hand or it will have to be locked.

When I got banned I to mentioned nothing about the job being a ripoff merely corrected someone that did not understand the copyright laws.

Now it appears that _Undefined will ban anyone that states that HRP doesn't belong to THOMASAS or using laws that arn't from THOMASAS's country...

Offline Teitoku Ippan

• weeaboo faggot
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards

When I got banned I to mentioned nothing about the job being a ripoff merely corrected someone that did not understand the copyright laws.

Now it appears that _Undefined will ban anyone that states that HRP doesn't belong to THOMASAS or using laws that arn't from THOMASAS's country...

thats because tomasas and undefined are friends and is using that to his advantage

Offline Officialjake

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards

thats because tomasas and undefined are friends and is using that to his advantage

I didn't know "Cute" was flaming....

Offline rBST Cow

• Tinniest title on CG
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
what if cg goes back to its old days

dd0s everything in sight
abbot common stop bad for you if u watch anime all day nigga u fuckn weaboo

Offline Pielolz

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
That'd teach a mother fucker a lesson, wouldn't it?

Offline Nicknero

• Hatsune Miku
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [GMR2 Award] 100 MPH
    • View Profile
    • Awards

What about those screenshots where you calles him a "stupid fuck" in a report you send over?

<::[[ Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 using Tapatalk 2 ]]::>
Check out my Youtube channel with all kinds of cool videos including LP's which I'm currently working at. Don't forget to give feedback as well. ;)

Offline Somone77

• Developer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Anyone else get banned from codehire for 2 weeks after the HRP ripoff fiasco?
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2013, 01:18:19 AM »
Guys, Tomasas does own part of the HRP copyright, stop playing armchair lawyers.

At the same time, however, Tomasas wasn't the soul contributor, not to mention that it works off of the base gamemode of DarkRP. No one here has the right to claim ownership, singularly. It's a group ownership that was licensed to no one.

And they can duplicate all they want, if they use no duplicate code there's nothing we can do. If you want, you can rewrite your favorite video game from scratch, as long as you don't use their code, it's yours to do with what you please (however many IPs may be under trademark but CG doesn't own any trademarks so meh)

Shut up, this website can do what it wants.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2013, 01:27:42 AM by Somone77 »

Offline Officialjake

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards

What about those screenshots where you calles him a "stupid fuck" in a report you send over?

Wut?? I never said that?

Offline Nicknero

• Hatsune Miku
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Anyone else get banned from codehire for 2 weeks after the HRP ripoff fiasco?
« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2013, 08:05:35 AM »

Wut?? I never said that?

I didn't quote you.

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2013, 09:31:50 AM »
In regards to what Somone said, he is right. This is silly to fight over. If you leave them alone, they should leave us alone.

This topic will now be locked.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal