Author Topic: Chase Hunt's Authorization Application  (Read 2502 times)

Offline Mr.Qman

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Chase Hunt's Authorization Application
« on: May 16, 2012, 02:28:46 AM »
Player Section

Steam Name: Blue2Wolfz
How long have you been Roleplaying? (can be any game): 1-2 years
How long have you been playing Serious GMod RP?: About 2 months

Character Section

Authorization(s):
Old hunting knife
Fishing rod
Weapon skills
Basic first aid skills
Survival skills

Name: Chase Hunt
Affiliation: Rebellion

Write a detailed in-canon back-story how your character obtained these authorizations.
Before the seven hour war:
Chase Hunt lived in Texas outside a forest with his Father Leon Hunt, his mother Abby Hunt, his sister Taylor Hunt, and his brother Blaze Hunt. Ever since Chase was little he and his brother would help each other out, solving puzzles, looking for missing things, and even picking the crops. When Chase was around 11 his father believed he was ready to go and hunt for deer, Chase always observed his footing because he knew if you stepped on a twig and it snapped it could scare away your prey. Leon gave Chase his old rifle that his father gave to him, Chase took the rifle with a smile on his face and aimed down the sight and nailed a deer that was drinking at a stream in the head. Chase ran up to the deer with laughter, his father then gave him his hunting knife, another hand-me-down his father gave him and taught Chase how to skin it. Chase was very happy that he got the rifle and the hunting knife to keep. It was tradition to give the knowledge of healing, hunting, and cooking to your kids which is how his sister Taylor got her knowledge. When the men killed there first deer, they had something passed down to them like Chase got his rifle. About a year later Chase was shooting birds out of the sky and using the hunting knife to cut branches off trees and stick them in the ground so he knew his way back home. One day Chase was hunting for his family so they could eat and a rabid wolf and he knew the wolf would not hesitate to kill him so he aimed for it and tried to shoot it but missed and the wolf chased him nearly biting him. Chase ran up a tree to get away from it but the wolf jumped up and scratched Chase on his back but he climbed up on the tree and shot the wolf in its back. After a while Chase climbed down the tree out and he really started to feel the pain the wolf caused and came back home. Chase was lucky he didn't leave to far from his home or he would've lost his way out of the forest. When Chase entered the old cabin that had candles lit in it he got Taylor and asked if she could help his back and passed out from fatigue. He then woke the next morning in his bed with his sister Taylor looking over him and a sad, worried mother crying. When he looked at his back in a mirror he saw that it was already patched up. Taylor told Chase that he needed to be more careful and showed him flowers, and other things you could find in the forest to help you when you’re hurt. He learned if you put mud on a small wound it would heal a bit faster, and she taught him how to sew wounds shut. Chase always watched his back whenever he went outside looking behind him every thirteen or sixteen paces. His mother Abby taught him how to cook the meat and make bread with the wheat they had. His mother told him about how Taylor never wanted to hurt anything but to help it.

A couple of years later Chase is around 20, him and his brother left to fish at a stream and his brother Blaze showed him how to make a fishing rod from scratch. It started to rain and storm so they ran back and saw the cabin was pitch black from the candles not being lit. They rushed to the cabin because they knew something was wrong and they saw her sister and mother missing, and there father on the floor with a bullet wound in his shoulder. Blaze and Chase put Leon on the bed and tried to mend him but it was too late. Leon told them to find whoever took our family and kill them for what they did, and passed away in front of them. Chase was enraged at whoever did this and he tore his cabin apart, he grabbed his rifle and his knife and stormed out to the nearest town.
For two years they searched and searched for the person responsible for the kidnapping of his mother and sister, and the death of his father. They were sleeping in an apartment building when a loud explosion was heard from outside and screaming and death was heard from the streets. They rushed outside to investigate and they found bodies and strange people shooting. The strange men started to shoot Chase and Blaze, and they started shooting back and killed about seven of them until Blaze looked out in the distance and saw their sister on her knees being executed by the people. Blaze took the hunting rifle away from Chase and charged into the crowd of gunfire and killed many of the Combine with tears in his eyes and then Blaze, and Chase where captured and torn apart from each other.

Chase managed to hide his hunting knife in suitcases and in his clothes. He walked in the streets of the city and made his way to the nearest bar to drink away his problems. He then came across a man named Rex and he asked Chase "What’s wrong with you?" and Chase responded with saying "Trying to forget the past." Rex was worried about Chase and kept asking him until Chase said "I'm trying to forget the death of my father."
Then Rex asked who was you are father and Chase said "A good man named Leon Hunt." A bald man in the corner of the bar jumped up and said "What was your father’s name!?" Chase sat off the stool and stared at the man and then tears came to his eyes and he smiled and he responded "His name was Leon Hunt, he had two sons." Chase said "One was Chase Hunt" and then the man said "And the other was Blaze." The man stepped out of the darkness and revealed his face. Chase and Blaze where reunited and ready to help each other out like they did when they were kids. Rex said "I knew you're father boys." and they both looked at him and said "You did!?" and Rex smiled and said "He was a great man." Chase and Blaze wanted to get back at the Combine for what they did to them. They moved to the plaza and Rex's brother told them about how Rex went out to the Outlands. The two looked curious at the man and asked "What are the outlands?" and the man responded "A place away from here". Before they left to go and find Rex the man gave Chase a map to find their way out. Chase took his Hunting knife and held the map tight and left out to the sewers becoming free from the Combines grip, for a while. As soon as the two arrived they found Rex inside an inn and Rex smiled and said "I was wondering if you two where coming!" and he led them to the safe house. They came across a man saying how he would do anything to go back and help the Combine. Chase then stood up against him and yelled at him "You want to help the Combine? You want to help the people who took our rights, our family, and our friends!? They did nothing but ruin humanities lives, and you want to help them!?" Chase then took the man and threw him into the river saying "I hope you rot in hell!" and took the man's Knife and gave it to Blaze.
To this day Chase and Blaze seek revenge to those who took away the very little they had and to kill every Combine they had the chance to kill.

What will these authorizations give your character in regards to perks or defects?
Perks
-hunting knife-
Can defend himself with it
Can cut twigs or skin animals
-Fishing rod-
A way to fish
-----------------
Can shoot small targets
Knows how to survive and get food
Can Heal and mend simple wounds or illnesses
He knows how to keep his weapons under condition from carrying a rifle around for so long.
Defects
Extra weight to carry
Knife Could Break
First aid could fail and could hurt someone more
Fishing rod could break
Food could be bad
The character suffers from depression and anger issues
Forgot some ways how to heal himself from a long time of not being taught

What do you plan to do with these perks/defects?
I plan to use the knife to defend myself and to help get food
I plan to use the fishing rod to help get food
I plan to be able to heal small minor cuts from fighting to falling from a rock

I'm going to use most of this to help myself and the people around me but it could always backfire.

Will anyone else need these auths? (If so, list OOC and IC name(s))
Nope.

Which server does this apply for?
Outlands

Extra Notes (optional):
It was a little late when I wrote this so errors are more possible.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2012, 04:26:58 AM by 101st-Blue2Wolfz »

Offline Creepy Toaster in the Corner

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Chase Hunt's Authorization Application
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2012, 08:40:00 PM »
lol, an admin should reply to this, it's pretty legit

Offline rBST Cow

• Tinniest title on CG
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2012, 09:10:03 PM »
Good job on expanding the backstory, Wofle. ( PS I am unit 012 (: )
abbot common stop bad for you if u watch anime all day nigga u fuckn weaboo

Offline Tyrex

• we won spam
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2012, 09:19:39 PM »
+support, there was obvious effort put into the back story.  Outlands could use more people with survival skills.  Fishing causes passiveRP, which is always a great thing.  The only thing I would suggest is expanding on the 'weapon skills'.  What do you mean by weapon skills?  If this does get accepted, I expect you would carry out the listed defects:
Defects
Extra weight to carry
Knife Could Break
First aid could fail and could hurt someone more
Fishing rod could break
Food could be bad

Offline Globey

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2012, 12:30:51 PM »
At the moment, I'd judge this as a sub-standard application.
-There are many grammar errors.
- A bear attack would kill you; The standard means of engaging for most bear species is to tromp directly over you.
- A bear bite would require clinical grade meds to ensure that the wound does not infect.
- Even assuming the pain of a bite doesn't cripple you, it would still be near impossible to bring a rifle to aim at the bear's head.
- Where did the sister get her medical knowledge?
C45.CCA.GRID-DvL.604 - Healthy - Executing citizens. Tally: 4
John Gatsby - Healthy - Celebrating, having detonated an explosive melon in front of two CA's

--------------------------
Cutlass, Sail and Cannon:
Ernest Cumberbatch, Port Royal, Governor. Governing.
John Gatsby, of the brigantine Brimstone. Amputating Limbs

Offline Mr.Qman

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2012, 07:55:11 PM »
At the moment, I'd judge this as a sub-standard application.
-There are many grammar errors.
- A bear attack would kill you; The standard means of engaging for most bear species is to tromp directly over you.
- A bear bite would require clinical grade meds to ensure that the wound does not infect.
- Even assuming the pain of a bite doesn't cripple you, it would still be near impossible to bring a rifle to aim at the bear's head.
- Where did the sister get her medical knowledge?
My apologies about the grammar errors, and the gap in where my sister got her knowledge, and also the very unrealistic part where he was fighting the bear. This is one of my first times making a big story about a character sorry.

« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2012, 09:22:37 PM »
Globey's sort of right.

The bear attack wouldn't happen unless your fighting a grizzly or a polar bear(Or a grollar bear for that matter).

The bear would only attack if you threatened it or the cubs someway and trust me, those fuckers will make them selves known before attacking.

But I don't think the bear would go for the neck, it'd wouldn't really bite either it'd knock you on your ass with a charge and then use its claws to finish you.
1:23 PM - Pvt. Emory[113thCav]: I think 604 is a cat :3

2:07 PM - Juggernaut: Monkey with a gun
2:07 PM - Juggernaut: + Chunkeymonkey79
2:07 PM - Juggernaut: =
2:07 PM - Juggernaut: CHUNKYMONKEY WITH A GUN69
2:07 PM - chunkeymonkey79: YOU SIR ARE GOD

9:52 PM - Rory Phelps: gosh god damnit fuck my ass

Giovanni Dicardi

« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2012, 11:40:17 PM »
+Support if it Counts

Offline Mr.Qman

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2012, 11:50:35 PM »
I've bin hearing a lot about the Bear attack so I edited the story a little bit
If I can't do that tell me I have the other story saved

Offline Monkey with a gun

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2012, 06:21:39 AM »
Wheow, apologies for the late reply.

Seems like everything has been cleared up (Regarding grammar and the supposed bear attack) so I'll slap down my seal of approval and you can get in-game and start acting out these authorizations as you please.

Authorzation accepted

(P.S if another administrator wants to move this to the correct forum, be my guest. I cannot for the life of me find where the "Authorization application accepted" section is anymore.)
« Last Edit: May 25, 2012, 06:23:41 AM by Monkey with a gun »

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal