Author Topic: [RELEASE] RP_City45_Catalyst_x1f  (Read 6405 times)

Offline Emory.

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Owner Party
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: [RELEASE] RP_City45_Catalyst_x1f
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2012, 10:51:24 AM »
I think he said something on the shout box that if he put a link people could steal the map and not give him credit.
Emory.

Offline smt

• lemon flavor lubricant
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2012, 12:20:20 PM »
I think he said something on the shout box that if he put a link people could steal the map and not give him credit.

When people join the server the map will be downloaded anyway afaik, so that won't matter, but I guess stopping other communities/servers using it before we do makes sense

Offline BltElite

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2012, 12:30:05 PM »
Well there is a credits wall onto the map, so unless somebody is desperate to decompile it, remove credits wall, then compile again to claim as their own.. bit too much hassle just to try and steal a map..
what

Offline garry :D

• ~I LOVE a boat~
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2012, 02:59:27 PM »
I was going to embed a script to run on map startup that would change every texture to goatse if the server IP didn't match our one but too much hassle so I just changed the credits and added a message in the trainstation that says "This map is not authorised for use outside of Catalyst Gaming." It won't stop people from using it but as long as our name is in there and they don't try to claim it as their own then I don't care. Plus, if they manage to decompile the clusterfuck of brushes and entities and recompile it without any errors then they deserve to have their own version.

« Reply #19 on: November 08, 2012, 03:05:21 PM »
I was going to embed a script to run on map startup that would change every texture to goatse if the server IP didn't match our one but too much hassle so I just changed the credits and added a message in the trainstation that says "This map is not authorised for use outside of Catalyst Gaming." It won't stop people from using it but as long as our name is in there and they don't try to claim it as their own then I don't care. Plus, if they manage to decompile the clusterfuck of brushes and entities and recompile it without any errors then they deserve to have their own version.
And if someone is playing on single player?(If I remember correctly in Gmod they are closed local servers...)
1:23 PM - Pvt. Emory[113thCav]: I think 604 is a cat :3

2:07 PM - Juggernaut: Monkey with a gun
2:07 PM - Juggernaut: + Chunkeymonkey79
2:07 PM - Juggernaut: =
2:07 PM - Juggernaut: CHUNKYMONKEY WITH A GUN69
2:07 PM - chunkeymonkey79: YOU SIR ARE GOD

9:52 PM - Rory Phelps: gosh god damnit fuck my ass

Offline Emory.

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Owner Party
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: November 08, 2012, 03:07:57 PM »
I really want to see it in single player.
Emory.

Offline smt

• lemon flavor lubricant
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: November 09, 2012, 08:49:02 AM »
And if someone is playing on single player?(If I remember correctly in Gmod they are closed local servers...)

Oz said he wouldn't do that script but I'm pretty sure it wouldn't be hard for Oz to add check if the server is LAN/or at least a listen server - anyone running a community based off listen servers is stupid anyway

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal