Author Topic: Change/Edit Forum Rule #21  (Read 6735 times)

Offline Hazard Time

• i luv hoerses
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Change/Edit Forum Rule #21
« on: February 07, 2014, 04:24:37 PM »
21. Do not post My Little Pony (MLP)-related content on the forums.

First, as an introduction, let me make a concession.  Yes, this rule was at one time needed.  Four years ago, the threat of bronies invading the forums was very real and I consider the action taken to have been necessary.  However, it is four years later and the brony community has matured much since then.  Also, during the three years of which I have been a member here, I have never seen nor heard of a thread outside of Spam being spammed with ponies.  Other than this reason, I do not see why anyone would put this rule in place unless someone is afraid that posting ponies in a thread will derail it and start a flame war.  All of this brings me to my thesis that, in the absence of any such reason for this rule to exist, it should be removed or, at the very least, edited.

Firstly, this rule is redundant.  Spamming, derailing topics, etcetera are all covered by the other rules in the list.

Secondly, why ponies in general?  Where are the other fandoms whose content is just as obnoxious?  How can people talk about anime non-stop in the shoutbox while everyone flips a shit over a single pony picture?  For all this talk of ambivalence towards the fandom, I have encountered very little in the way of actual tolerance here.

Which brings me to my proposed options:

1.  Remove the rule altogether.  It is redundant and discriminatory.  It has no reason to exist.

2.  Keep the rule, but include other fandoms.  A good deal is when everyone is unhappy, right?

3.  Edit the rule to allow pony content in spoilers.  That way, bronies can post their pics and anti-bronies don't have to ruin their beautiful eyes.

Offline Nicknero

• Hatsune Miku
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [GMR2 Award] 100 MPH
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Change/Edit Forum Rule #21
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2014, 04:30:45 PM »
It has actually just been one year. Time doesn't fly THAT fast. ;)

But yes I do agree that ever since the whole pony odeal has pretty much passed over, it seems a pretty targeting rule.

So it seems fair to either change it so NO ONE can post their fandom. Or EVERYONE can, but limited to not consider it spam/derail/whatever.
Check out my Youtube channel with all kinds of cool videos including LP's which I'm currently working at. Don't forget to give feedback as well. ;)

Offline Hazard Time

• i luv hoerses
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2014, 04:37:25 PM »

Date Registered: June 01, 2011, 07:46:54 pm

Unless you were referring to something else.

Offline Teitoku Ippan

• weeaboo faggot
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Owner Party
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2014, 04:37:30 PM »
Or EVERYONE can, but limited to not consider it spam/derail/whatever.

that one sounds best

Offline Nicknero

• Hatsune Miku
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [GMR2 Award] 100 MPH
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2014, 04:43:35 PM »

Uhm, what does register time have to do with the brony "invasion" ?
Four years ago, the threat of bronies invading the forums was very real and I consider the action taken to have been necessary.
That is what you said. And it hasn't been 4 years, but 1 year.
Check out my Youtube channel with all kinds of cool videos including LP's which I'm currently working at. Don't forget to give feedback as well. ;)

Offline Hazard Time

• i luv hoerses
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2014, 04:47:35 PM »
I was hoping that the staff would choose to remove the rule; I simply added Suggestion #2 because I really don't see keeping the current rule as an option.  In its current state, as I have said, it is redundant and discriminatory.

Uhm, what does register time have to do with the brony "invasion" ?
Four years ago, the threat of bronies invading the forums was very real and I consider the action taken to have been necessary.
That is what you said. And it hasn't been 4 years, but 1 year.

I wasn't entirely sure what you were referring to, but I do not remember bronies invading the forums a year ago.  The first generation of bronies (AKA the /b/tard trolls) were progenated during the first season in 2010.  One year ago, during the 2nd/3rd season, the number of moderates had already increased to a level that they became the vast majority of the fandom.

Unless you mean the rule was added one year ago, in which case I can't think of why it was even added as the /b/tard invasion had died off already.

Offline rBST Cow

• Tinniest title on CG
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2014, 06:13:59 PM »
Personally I think everyone should keep their shit to themselves but it's not fair to bronys that they can't post stuff while those weaboo people/anime lovers can. I think that either all of it should be disallowed or all of it allowed, one or the other.
abbot common stop bad for you if u watch anime all day nigga u fuckn weaboo

Offline Oh-Em-Gee

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2014, 08:34:25 PM »
Personally I think everyone should keep their shit to themselves but it's not fair to bronys that they can't post stuff while those weaboo people/anime lovers can. I think that either all of it should be disallowed or all of it allowed, one or the other.
Agreed.

21. Do not post My Little Pony (MLP)-related content on the forums.

First, as an introduction, let me make a concession.  Yes, this rule was at one time needed.  Four years ago, the threat of bronies invading the forums was very real and I consider the action taken to have been necessary.  However, it is four years later and the brony community has matured much since then.  Also, during the three years of which I have been a member here, I have never seen nor heard of a thread outside of Spam being spammed with ponies.  Other than this reason, I do not see why anyone would put this rule in place unless someone is afraid that posting ponies in a thread will derail it and start a flame war.  All of this brings me to my thesis that, in the absence of any such reason for this rule to exist, it should be removed or, at the very least, edited.

Firstly, this rule is redundant.  Spamming, derailing topics, etcetera are all covered by the other rules in the list.

Secondly, why ponies in general?  Where are the other fandoms whose content is just as obnoxious?  How can people talk about anime non-stop in the shoutbox while everyone flips a shit over a single pony picture?  For all this talk of ambivalence towards the fandom, I have encountered very little in the way of actual tolerance here.

Which brings me to my proposed options:

1.  Remove the rule altogether.  It is redundant and discriminatory.  It has no reason to exist.

2.  Keep the rule, but include other fandoms.  A good deal is when everyone is unhappy, right?

3.  Edit the rule to allow pony content in spoilers.  That way, bronies can post their pics and anti-bronies don't have to ruin their beautiful eyes.

I don't want the forum to be flooded with brony shit, but I don't think it should be against the rules. That's just not fair.
+1

Offline Hazard Time

• i luv hoerses
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2014, 08:41:32 PM »
I don't want the forum to be flooded with brony shit, but I don't think it should be against the rules. That's just not fair.
+1

According to Nick, the only reason this rule exists in the first place was because of Adam S.  Considering that he is the only autistic brony this community has known to date, I don't feel that the rest of the fandom should be punished for it.

Offline Somone77

• Developer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2014, 08:51:17 PM »
What are you wanting to post? I don't know anywhere on the forum where stuff about children's shows should be posted that wouldn't be considered spam or derailment, aside from maybe social discussion.

This is a forum for gaming, there's plenty of boards and forums that are dedicated to this where you'll find a great member base that won't complain when you post. Do you just want to post to start a fight?

I like Avatar: The Legend of Korra, a show on Nickelodeon but you don't see me posting about it here because I'm not going to find many others that like it as well, there's no discussion to be had. I go to places where I know other members like the same thing.

Offline Hazard Time

• i luv hoerses
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2014, 09:04:52 PM »
What are you wanting to post? I don't know anywhere on the forum where stuff about children's shows should be posted that wouldn't be considered spam or derailment, aside from maybe social discussion.

This is a forum for gaming, there's plenty of boards and forums that are dedicated to this where you'll find a great member base that won't complain when you post. Do you just want to post to start a fight?

I like Avatar: The Legend of Korra, a show on Nickelodeon but you don't see me posting about it here because I'm not going to find many others that like it as well, there's no discussion to be had. I go to places where I know other members like the same thing.

Just because I want to remove a rule against posting MLP content doesn't mean I plan to spam pony threads across the forums once it becomes legal.  I simply want to be able to express my fandom without discrimination.  It's not right that an entire fandom has to keep its mouth shut while everyone else is free do whatever they want because of one auteur.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2014, 09:06:53 PM by Hazard Time »

Offline Oh-Em-Gee

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2014, 09:42:33 PM »

I don't have any problem with you posting Avatar stuff on the forums, as long as you're posting at a moderate level.

Offline Constable Strelnikov

• Nothing more dangerous than [DATA EXPUNGED]
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Full Economy [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Re: Change/Edit Forum Rule #21
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2014, 09:44:19 PM »

Just because I want to remove a rule against posting MLP content doesn't mean I plan to spam pony threads across the forums once it becomes legal.  I simply want to be able to express my fandom without discrimination.  It's not right that an entire fandom has to keep its mouth shut while everyone else is free do whatever they want because of one auteur.
I myself am a huge fan of BBC's Sherlock and Doctor Who, but this is my first-ever post mentioning it.

Whilst I don't respect Bronies as most of them try to cram their culture down your throat, this can be said for almost all fandoms and I acknowledge that there are those that don't want to. I'm with Hazard on this; either crack down on Abbott the rest of the fandoms, or remove #21 entirely.
READY AYE READY

Alexei Strelnikov | Alive | Innocent. Or is he?
C45.MPF.NOVA-OfC.900 | In service

Offline kronik

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Lottery Winner [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2014, 10:11:22 PM »

But yes I do agree that ever since the whole pony odeal has pretty much passed over, it seems a pretty targeting rule.

So it seems fair to either change it so NO ONE can post their fandom. Or EVERYONE can, but limited to not consider it spam/derail/whatever.
it has been more than one year for sure dude, last year I was talking to people like smt daily and I had no idea who he was when the brony invasion started n I joined cg

Offline Leon the reboobler :3

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2014, 11:38:11 PM »
Please no, I really don't want a flood of mlp ponies whatever the fuck they are here... Keep this place a no mlp zone

Reporter: Do you think the nazi's will go underground after the war?
Patton: Six feet.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal