Author Topic: Ineu Pass Fuel supply!  (Read 11593 times)

Offline Kevin

• I AM SO KROGAN
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Ineu Pass Fuel supply!
« Reply #30 on: November 02, 2012, 10:57:34 PM »
Just so you know, this is only a discussion and a way to try to encourage a group to do more scavenge rp. Vehicle's won't be restricted (for this reason at least. They will be due to the game mode change for a while)

Sent from my Thundertalk using TapaBolt 2

I am fine with scavenging more often, I just don't want to get criticized because I own a vehicle. And how long will our vehicles be gone? I am just curious.
Frolie [Tray is Krogan]: sup bra
Tray [Isn't Krogan]: not much panties

Offline Scratchie

• test
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #31 on: November 02, 2012, 11:16:11 PM »
Dunno, depends on how the system works out and all. I wanna try a few things related to vehicles before allowing it to be used.

Sent from my Thundertalk using TapaBolt 2

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: November 03, 2012, 12:40:05 AM »
Alright I didn't read the whole debate over what went on but here's how I go:

Gasoline: Fuel trucks which transport fuel to remote locations for storage over an extended period of time have a treatment in them to preent them from going 'stale'. Since Ineu is a part of the middle of nowhere, its plausible for these trucks and surrounding gas stations to have said treated fuel.

Diesel: Most older generators and a fair amount of trucks and cars (especially eastern) run on diesel fuel. If this diesel fuel is stored in a sealed container such as an oil drum or a long term fuel storage tank (see above) then the fuel will be perfectly fine as there is little to no oxygen to break down the fuel. One can actually test diesel fuel with a filter.

Bunker Power: The bunker runs off electricity from an underground hydroelectric generation station. The bunker was a secret installment by the USSR and they build said damn for secrecy and to be off the grid.

As for RP aspect, when I did Leonard with the Airboat and other alliance vehicles, I would ICly leave Ineu for a couple days every 3 weeks to replenish food and fuel.

/thread

The Mysterious Stranger

« Reply #33 on: November 03, 2012, 05:30:52 AM »
Because there's definitely no gas stations in the vicinity of the valley and nobody ever ventures out there to get gas. Bullshit.

It's simple, just make people auth for gasoline every week or so from gas station outside the valley for whatever they may need it for. I don't see the reasoning in this, but if it's that big a deal and it's ruining roleplay so much that you need us to apply for it, then so be it..

Because, y'know, three cars in the ENTIRE outlands is just such a burden on roleplay.

All that gas would go bad, 1 or 10000 miles away from the pass, it would still be bad.

Even being kept in those tanks at the gas stations? Well, boy... Maybe you're right... but you're pretty much saying that all of our favorite post-apocalyptic or similar games have no roleplay value simply because the fuel is overpowered, in a way.

Fallout New Vegas, when the bombers use that plane? OH GOD, THEY SHOULD'VE DIED UPON LIFTOFF, THE FUEL WAS BAD!

Gordon Freeman? His car should never have gone anywhere, the fuel was bad.

All those Severance servers on Garrysmod? After a time, all their cars should just go kaput!

Dead Island? Oh Lord, where are they getting all this fuel!

And finally, closer to home, DayZ. OH GOD, IT'S BEEN OVER A YEAR SINCE IT'S RELEASE, EVEN MORE! WHY ARE ALL THESE ASSHOLES DRIVING HUEYS AND BUSES IF THERE'S SOUR FUEL? OH GOD!

Well. It seems there's a giant hole in the gaming community. It puts such a burden on me that my favorite games aren't realistic to the very hundredth of a percent, we should ruin roleplay for those in outlands who use vehicles!

You are taking other franchise universes and applying it to Half-Life 2 which has more differences and similiarities such as canon wise, location, year, characters, environment, etcetera etcetera.  Get my drift?

You are responsible for using said vehicle and you must be lucky too but remember, you deserve more harsh roleplaying because people have to walk around the whole map without transportation and you know what I mean by that. I have yet to see someone with more than three paragraphs using a vehicle but I haven't seen one yet. Not that I am wanting you to do that but what I am saying is that I never saw someone with excellent roleplaying in a few years other than other servers but that's just me pushing luck.

Offline @Mmmaaattt94

• Britfag #1
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: November 03, 2012, 05:54:27 AM »

Gasoline: Fuel trucks which transport fuel to remote locations for storage over an extended period of time have a treatment in them to preent them from going 'stale'. Since Ineu is a part of the middle of nowhere, its plausible for these trucks and surrounding gas stations to have said treated fuel.

Diesel: Most older generators and a fair amount of trucks and cars (especially eastern) run on diesel fuel. If this diesel fuel is stored in a sealed container such as an oil drum or a long term fuel storage tank (see above) then the fuel will be perfectly fine as there is little to no oxygen to break down the fuel. One can actually test diesel fuel with a filter.

Bunker Power: The bunker runs off electricity from an underground hydroelectric generation station. The bunker was a secret installment by the USSR and they build said damn for secrecy and to be off the grid.

As for RP aspect, when I did Leonard with the Airboat and other alliance vehicles, I would ICly leave Ineu for a couple days every 3 weeks to replenish food and fuel.

/thread

For the canon and realism. This makes the most sense. When Delta uses the jalopy (The one he stole from the alliance when the bunker blew up and the alliance was disbanded) he ensures it's for a short time and he is always checking fuel. There are a couple of places where Delta has hidden fuel (for emergencies) but he gets the majority from outside of Ineu. Delta (through his previous adventures) knows of a couple of resistance outposts with vehicles. He supplies his car with fuel from there and takes some extra. He would do some work/trade supplies then go back to Ineu. Like Len, Delta ensures there is RP in a car, not just quick transport.

Also, i know of 5 vehicles, may have been more but as far as i know:

The alliance had 3: A jeep (Now with Blackfur's character)
A jalopy (With Delta)
An Airboat (Unknown owner)

Then there is Statua's Truck

And someone mentioned Bean's had something

The people with these vehicles i trust do the correct RP and as has been mentioned. You can't be 100% realistic, no game is. If the correct RP is put in, i see no problems.

Offline Kevin

• I AM SO KROGAN
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: November 03, 2012, 09:07:18 AM »

/thread

For the canon and realism. This makes the most sense. When Delta uses the jalopy (The one he stole from the alliance when the bunker blew up and the alliance was disbanded) he ensures it's for a short time and he is always checking fuel. There are a couple of places where Delta has hidden fuel (for emergencies) but he gets the majority from outside of Ineu. Delta (through his previous adventures) knows of a couple of resistance outposts with vehicles. He supplies his car with fuel from there and takes some extra. He would do some work/trade supplies then go back to Ineu. Like Len, Delta ensures there is RP in a car, not just quick transport.

Also, i know of 5 vehicles, may have been more but as far as i know:

The alliance had 3: A jeep (Now with Blackfur's character)
A jalopy (With Delta)
An Airboat (Unknown owner)

Then there is Statua's Truck

And someone mentioned Bean's had something

The people with these vehicles i trust do the correct RP and as has been mentioned. You can't be 100% realistic, no game is. If the correct RP is put in, i see no problems.

Agreed. Now let's just end it. It's not that big a burden to RP, and in fact, I didn't really actually know that fuel went stale after a while, probably along with a lot of other people.

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: November 03, 2012, 10:59:49 AM »
It does. Working at  gas bar, I see lots of guys who bring summer vehicles, add a treatment, then add a bit of gas to store it over the winter.

Offline Would you like some 3.14159265?

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #37 on: November 06, 2012, 06:09:53 PM »
You guys also need to understand this-

If we make the server EXTREMELY realistic, the server will end up dying fast. Not everyone's on the same page and not everyone's on the exact same timeline. There's new people joining every single day. If we shrivel everything down to the point where we're just using basic things, that makes it unentertaining for those who are just recently joining, or people who worked their asses off for auths.
You'll ruin the experience for everyone, leaving only the first people who play on the server all the luxury items. Plus, we're stuck on the same map, with the same kind of things every day. Get over it, let these things "regenerate.", it adds a healthy experience for newbs and lengthy roleplay.

TL;DR: It's a game, keep it fresh.

Offline Kevin

• I AM SO KROGAN
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #38 on: November 06, 2012, 06:53:57 PM »

If we make the server EXTREMELY realistic, the server will end up dying fast. Not everyone's on the same page and not everyone's on the exact same timeline. There's new people joining every single day. If we shrivel everything down to the point where we're just using basic things, that makes it unentertaining for those who are just recently joining, or people who worked their asses off for auths.
You'll ruin the experience for everyone, leaving only the first people who play on the server all the luxury items. Plus, we're stuck on the same map, with the same kind of things every day. Get over it, let these things "regenerate.", it adds a healthy experience for newbs and lengthy roleplay.

I agree in every way with this.

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #39 on: November 06, 2012, 07:21:29 PM »

My words exactly.

Offline BltElite

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #40 on: November 07, 2012, 03:11:15 AM »
Now that you've said about treating it, why not spend a week icly hunting for whatever it is you stick in to treat the gas/fuel and all that shit? Along with antifreeze and winter prepping cars and shit, you could even GROW YOUR OWN FUEL. Yes, you must think im an idiot, saying grow your own, but if you perhaps found somebody who knew about it or read up on some books you found while scavenging, you could find that growing certain oils(eg, vegetable oil works instead of motor oil) you could grow biofuels and shit.
what

Offline ???Jesusfreak???

• VIP
  • Awards [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Full Economy [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #41 on: November 07, 2012, 04:38:21 AM »
Now that you've said about treating it, why not spend a week icly hunting for whatever it is you stick in to treat the gas/fuel and all that shit? Along with antifreeze and winter prepping cars and shit, you could even GROW YOUR OWN FUEL. Yes, you must think im an idiot, saying grow your own, but if you perhaps found somebody who knew about it or read up on some books you found while scavenging, you could find that growing certain oils(eg, vegetable oil works instead of motor oil) you could grow biofuels and shit.

Don't you need a auth for that?

Credit goes to jackal

Offline BltElite

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #42 on: November 07, 2012, 10:38:37 AM »

Most likely, but its something else to do RP wise, as I mean, you can do a grow your own book dummies guide thing but rather than it working have a complete failure and so on. Possibilities are endless.
what

« Reply #43 on: November 07, 2012, 10:49:36 AM »

Most likely, but its something else to do RP wise, as I mean, you can do a grow your own book dummies guide thing but rather than it working have a complete failure and so on. Possibilities are endless.
The clinic was going to have a garden, but someone fucking blew it up(Looking at you OTA) yeah growing the fuel should work given the fact that most of the cars in Outlands should use Soviet Era engines and parts(Which ran on diesel according to someone on the forums) would take bio-diesel with out modification.   
1:23 PM - Pvt. Emory[113thCav]: I think 604 is a cat :3

2:07 PM - Juggernaut: Monkey with a gun
2:07 PM - Juggernaut: + Chunkeymonkey79
2:07 PM - Juggernaut: =
2:07 PM - Juggernaut: CHUNKYMONKEY WITH A GUN69
2:07 PM - chunkeymonkey79: YOU SIR ARE GOD

9:52 PM - Rory Phelps: gosh god damnit fuck my ass

Offline BltElite

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #44 on: November 07, 2012, 11:23:14 AM »
Even so, theres probably the same way to change it around to making bio-petrol/gas also, though I know hardly anything of the topic.
what

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal