Author Topic: [2/11/2012] Orange Cosmos RP 1.5 Update #7  (Read 9080 times)

Offline Kaiser Wilhelm I ?DetroitRP

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: [2/11/2012] Orange Cosmos RP 1.5 Update #7
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2012, 09:23:51 PM »
-snip- I have come to my senses. Time requirements will be better for the future. I guess I over reacted. It might be a harsh 2-3 weeks, but a great future ahead.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2012, 11:55:39 PM by A Fancy Soviet Viking »

Offline Lil_Killa

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2012, 12:16:58 AM »
Well, if you guys are worried about mingy cops you can always implement applying for be a Police officer and let the recruit go through training and other stuff, before they are added to a whitelist or something.

For example Person A: Does not have a whitelist for Police, so he can not join the Police Department.
          While Person B: Has finished training and etc, so he can join the police and also can go back to normal civilian life.

Offline Eclipse

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2012, 01:33:02 AM »
1) Gold members or VIP's don't get reduced time.

2) 2 days to be cop and 4 to be mayor. Gee, there goes the economy for the next 2 weeks.

3) Why don't you think before you act Crap-Head? You always end up fucking shit up worse than they already were.

Offline Quarantine

• AdMiNgE aBuS eRr DaY
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2012, 03:20:46 AM »
1) Gold members or VIP's don't get reduced time.

2) 2 days to be cop and 4 to be mayor. Gee, there goes the economy for the next 2 weeks.

3) Why don't you think before you act Crap-Head? You always end up fucking shit up worse than they already were.

1. Gold and VIP should get a reduced time, but it's not that big of a deal. If the rest of us can wait, so can Gold and VIP members.

2. He already reduced the time, not sure why you are complaining about this now.

3. Pretty disrespectful if you ask me. He's the one coming up with this stuff, coding, and adding it to the server for us to enjoy. If you don't like it why don't you start coding everything? It's a new update and with new updates come with bugs, and things you may not like, but it's really not that big of deal.. The time it takes to allow you to become cop may be steep, but it just means a better group of cops in the end, and keeps the minges away from the guns and tasers.

Offline Jeff2307

•    
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2012, 03:42:39 AM »
I get why crap-head wants to do this but... I think less new players will keep playing on the server.
And if
Someone would abuse a job we record him and let him get blacklisted for 2 weeks.
It's not like people abused their job much in the past.

EDIT: Only just saw that jobs need less playtime, thanks for that is play time counter also fixed?
And thank you for removing phones!!!! <3 <3 I can finally use Z again! Fap fap fap fap fap fap fap...
« Last Edit: February 12, 2012, 03:47:00 AM by «[N-G]Â? Jeff »

« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2012, 06:44:28 AM »
I think this is a pretty good idea. This way you wont get people in who just go cop rdm a lot of people and then leave .

Offline Jeff2307

•    
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2012, 07:56:48 AM »
I think this is a pretty good idea. This way you wont get people in who just go cop rdm a lot of people and then leave .

This is just good for you because you don't do anything else than growing weed all day...

Offline wakeboarderCWB

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: February 12, 2012, 08:42:27 AM »

This is just good for you because you don't do anything else than growing weed all day...
It's not just that. This is a good idea because it will allow new players get used to the server and adjust the rules, but that also leaves us without cops for a few days.

Offline raiden

• aussie legend
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: February 12, 2012, 08:52:58 AM »
All you do is complain, Soviet Viking.
Maybe it takes YOU 5 months to get a playtime of 1 day, but that doesn't mean it counts for everyone.
Believe me, in no time you will have a lot of players with 1 day playtime. Don't whine because YOU don't play OCRP so much.
It'll take me twice as long with my day to day schedule and what not.

That's just me though, however everyone makes up valid points about this being ridiculous. If Crap-Head won't listen to popular demand then RoflWaffle will have to intervene and make a decision.

Offline Crap-Head

• #OCRP2
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: February 12, 2012, 09:12:08 AM »
All you do is complain, Soviet Viking.
Maybe it takes YOU 5 months to get a playtime of 1 day, but that doesn't mean it counts for everyone.
Believe me, in no time you will have a lot of players with 1 day playtime. Don't whine because YOU don't play OCRP so much.
It'll take me twice as long with my day to day schedule and what not.

That's just me though, however everyone makes up valid points about this being ridiculous. If Crap-Head won't listen to popular demand then RoflWaffle will have to intervene and make a decision.

RoflWaffle already approved of this idea around 1 week ago.

I find it ridiculous how you guys use so much time to complain about something that will work out a lot better in the future, and will hopefully improve the gameplay.

All of you are just going "hurr that is shit, take it out, i don't like it" because its something you have to wait for and GAIN.

Taking PERP as an example. Of course it was boring in the beginning, but it got better when you got the playtime for it.

You're all taking this way to far.
I'm seriously about to give up on OCRP. You guys demand shit all the time. When i add it, half of the community cries over it, and the other half likes it. Its hard to make something that will work out for everybody. You want less fail cops, i give you something that will help that out, but because YOU think you are the best cops ever, you do not want to wait 1 day of playtime to get the position as a cop because you have already played here for years.

Well sorry but the script had to be added at sometime, and whenever it was added, people would complain. I added it with the new map in hope for some more RP.

Why do you all have to freaking complain at everything, instead of just looking at some of the positive things that it might evolve into.

TL;DR: Give it some freaking time. It will hopefully work out in a week or two when the dedicated OCRP players has gotten enough playtime to play as police and whatnot. If not, well shit then, i wasted time on coding something like this.
Please do not add me on Steam because you have in-game problems. Make a thread in the correct board on the forum and i will respond to that whenever i have time.

Offline Penguin

• Jesus Christ Is Real
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: February 12, 2012, 09:42:04 AM »
Maybe you all should calm the fuck down. Do gold members have to wait to become the job?

Offline Crap-Head

• #OCRP2
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: February 12, 2012, 09:51:19 AM »
Maybe you all should calm the fuck down. Do gold members have to wait to become the job?

Yes.

Anyone can buy gold member. Gold member doesn't show you are a better cop than a regular member.
Please do not add me on Steam because you have in-game problems. Make a thread in the correct board on the forum and i will respond to that whenever i have time.

Offline Frosty

• Dont sweat my swag
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: February 12, 2012, 09:52:10 AM »
I just wanted to say thank you crap-head for uploading a new map which I've loved so far, aside from the bugs, and I am glad to see people actually are working on OCRP. Thank you to everyone who is helping too :).

Offline Teitoku Ippan

• weeaboo faggot
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Owner Party
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: February 12, 2012, 10:00:50 AM »
What I want to suggest, is that you thoroughly test new features before implementing them onto the server. All I saw before this update was broken and this line: "Fixed cars and bodies not disappearing when disconnecting (hopefully)." doesn't even look like you were bothered in testing it either. You really need to test thoroughly, bring in a few trusted administrators to carry out some tests with you in which say for that line, they would first spawn their cars, park it in individual places and then leave one by one to see if that is fixed. Then they rejoin and kill themselves so their bodies are on the floor then leave and see if it disappears.

All I'm saying is test more thoroughly, and don't implement half-finished features that are broken to shit (aka the phone).

« Reply #29 on: February 12, 2012, 10:04:20 AM »
Its really mixed for me
on one hand, no cops means that a lot of the fun of OCRP Is taken out, which is evasion, Also, i like to be a Paramedic a lot, and I think that job got timed too.
On the Other Hand, This will reduce fail cops, but im not sure by how much, i think that, eventually, the Fail Cops will once again start joining up, because eventually they will get the play time to.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal