Author Topic: [2/11/2012] Orange Cosmos RP 1.5 Update #7  (Read 9081 times)

Offline Crap-Head

• #OCRP2
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
[2/11/2012] Orange Cosmos RP 1.5 Update #7
« on: February 11, 2012, 03:42:43 PM »

Orange Cosmos RP 1.5 Update #7

General Changes
  • Playtime requirements reduced. Mayor = 2 days, Cop = 1 day, Chief = 1 day, Medic = 1 hour, Fireman = 1 hour, Tower = 1 hour, Bus Driver = 1 day, SWAT = 3 days
  • Renamed Purpe #2 to Saints Purple for the romero vehicle.
  • Fixed the bus job saying it was the full all the time.
  • Fixed the discoball texture not downloading with FastDL.
  • Fixed the paycheck for the bus driver.
  • Fixed a spelling error in a hint :c
  • Fixed cars and bodies not disappearing when disconnecting (hopefully).
  • Disabled the phone for the time being. Even tho it didnt last long, it was enough for the "beta" testing for me to notice the errors with it.
  • Made it show if you try to buy a property and you cant afford it.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2012, 04:15:58 PM by Crap-Head »
Please do not add me on Steam because you have in-game problems. Make a thread in the correct board on the forum and i will respond to that whenever i have time.

Offline Kaiser Wilhelm I ?DetroitRP

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: [2/11/2012] Orange Cosmos RP 1.5 Update #7
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2012, 04:13:32 PM »
I guess its better than nothing but 3 days for SWAT? That is equal to almost 2-3 months if you play 7 hrs a week. And it will be 1 month without cops if you play 7 hours a week too. Since there is mid winter break coming up soon, hopefully it will get better. But still, not everyone wants to grow all day. I really advise you remove it. So even if after 1 month there will be some cops (A very very small amount) there will still be no SWAT. This could take maybe even 4-5 months for the police force to ever even match the power they had before. Why don't you do applications of some sort, so people like me who really only play cop and do passive rp from time the time receive the ability to go officer and SWAT. EDIT: Plus, this also stops player growth by a lot.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2012, 04:18:23 PM by A Fancy Soviet Viking »

Offline Crap-Head

• #OCRP2
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2012, 04:15:38 PM »
I guess its better than nothing but 3 days for SWAT? That is equal to almost 2-3 months if you play 7 hrs a week. And it will be 1 month without cops if you play 7 hours a week too. Since there is mid winter break comin up soon, hopefully it will get better. But still, not everyone wants to grow all day. I really advise you remove it.

It will not be removed.

Just "deal with it" for the next weeks until the players who cares about OCRP has enough playtime to join these jobs.
Please do not add me on Steam because you have in-game problems. Make a thread in the correct board on the forum and i will respond to that whenever i have time.

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2012, 04:22:17 PM »
"Just deal with it" for 5 months. Yes. It will be a very long time, and Im just really surprised. Its just gonna be crime rp till we actually get a police force which will be 3-4 maybe even 5 months. Definitely 3 to get SWAT. What are we supposed to do. Just sit in small houses and grow all day. OCRP doesn't have an atmosphere for good enough passive rp to last that long. EDIT: Its not that the idea is wrong, its that what are we to do for that long. Watch people speed the streets and mug others. It will be a barren wasteland and a great loss of players. So if you want that, you should keep it.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2012, 04:24:31 PM by A Fancy Soviet Viking »

Offline Jeff2307

•    
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2012, 04:24:42 PM »
"Just deal with it" for 5 months. Yes. It will be a very long time, and Im just really surprised. Its just gonna be crime rp till we actually get a police force which will be 3-4 maybe even 5 months. Definitely 3 to get SWAT. What are we supposed to do. Just sit in small houses and grow all day. OCRP doesn't have an atmosphere for good enough passive rp to last that long.

Why not make a poll about this, but I agree it should be lower like 5h or so...

Offline Crap-Head

• #OCRP2
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2012, 04:24:55 PM »
"Just deal with it" for 5 months. Yes. It will be a very long time, and Im just really surprised. Its just gonna be crime rp till we actually get a police force which will be 3-4 maybe even 5 months. Definitely 3 to get SWAT. What are we supposed to do. Just sit in small houses and grow all day. OCRP doesn't have an atmosphere for good enough passive rp to last that long.

You can do some passive rp on OCRP Semi Serious while you gain some playtime. I can't tell you what to do to gain playtime other than, play.

But for sure it wont get removed.

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2012, 04:32:02 PM »
Passive rp for 5 months in a game mode that dosen't really support passive rp. Alright, ocrp is turning into a barren wasteland.

Offline Uubucks

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2012, 06:06:47 PM »
Because letting people grow in semi-serious for 1 week undisturbed by cops is a good idea, yeah, VERY good idea crap-head.

If cop is going to be one day and SWAT 3 days!?  At least say that the server is not semi-serious and IS serious.  Make a completely different rule set for the semi-serious server as well.

Offline Eclipse

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2012, 06:30:38 PM »
Guess there isn't going to be any cops/swat now.

Offline Technical Abbreviations

• Acolyte Of The Carp God Baby
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2012, 07:08:32 PM »
WAY too far craphead. Thats months without a half-decent police force, as in, say, more than 2 police at a time. Why not make everything, at most, 1 day. Thats still a very long time ( 2 weeks - a month for the first players to appear). It might sound like a short time, but 24 hours in game is nothing to laugh at. At the very least, allow playtime to go up, but players to use these jobs for the first month, so that at least 1 person by then can perform one of these jobs
Spoiler for :D:
\\r\\nWe live in the explosion of a bomb that has not yet finished exploding. You and everything you love are debris. Have a good day ^_^\\\'\\\'\\r\\nJiggerFrizz: Who is talking?\\r\\nJiggerFrizz: They sound hot\\r\\nJiggerFrizz: The background\\r\\nDegtyarev: They are 11 :l

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2012, 07:14:04 PM »
I never knew you guys would agree too. OCRP is kinda a barren crime wasteland. As soon as I try starting a passive rp bar no one comes and they just sit and grow all day. 2 weeks of no cops and another 4 of no SWAT

Offline psycho

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Full Economy [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2012, 07:21:02 PM »
Tower = 1 hour

ONLY ONE HOUR TO BECOME A TOWER?????
game over

Offline Crap-Head

• #OCRP2
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2012, 07:21:29 PM »
I never knew you guys would agree too. OCRP is kinda a barren crime wasteland. As soon as I try starting a passive rp bar no one comes and they just sit and grow all day. 2 weeks of no cops and another 4 of no SWAT

I see your problem, but all you do is yell up about how shit the system is. Think about the future of the police on OCRP.

In 2 weeks the police will have a pretty stable force and less of the minges. You only yell because you can't go cop right away now, but a few days ago, you were yelling up become of the fail cops.

You guys are very hard to make happy. I need to do things like this, to improve stuff in the future.

Offline Eclipse

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2012, 08:22:19 PM »
Not to mention you just split up the entire OCRP playerbase. That kinda didn't make me happy.

Offline Nicknero

• Hatsune Miku
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [GMR2 Award] 100 MPH
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2012, 08:48:38 PM »
All you do is complain, Soviet Viking.
Maybe it takes YOU 5 months to get a playtime of 1 day, but that doesn't mean it counts for everyone.
Believe me, in no time you will have a lot of players with 1 day playtime. Don't whine because YOU don't play OCRP so much.
Check out my Youtube channel with all kinds of cool videos including LP's which I'm currently working at. Don't forget to give feedback as well. ;)

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal