Author Topic: Change to a rule regarding "Entering a backyard"  (Read 1651 times)

Offline ligglo

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Change to a rule regarding "Entering a backyard"
« on: April 27, 2013, 05:53:01 PM »
There is a currently a rule that goes like this:
"You may only enter a backyard either via the gate"
This is just one example of a rule that makes no sense, and sounds like it was cut off by accident.

If this rule is correct and you can only use a gate what is the point of ladders? Or even Acrobatics training? What is the point of jumping high if you aren't allowed to use it to get places?

If I could change this it would be something along the lines of:
"You may only enter a backyard in a way appropriate to the RP."
This would allow the use of jumping the fence if it is a low, jump-able fence. Or using a ladder if it is too high to jump over, but you have a car big enough to hold a ladder.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2013, 09:32:49 PM by Ligglo the Derpy »

Offline Mr. Manly Princess

• SWAG
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Change to a rule regarding "Entering a backyard"
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2013, 02:34:07 AM »
I agree completely; this is just silly. This rule makes acrobatics not viable, and makes ladders quite useless (especially considering you can't use them in barricades either). It's also worded quite poorly, and it doesn't allow for any actual thought process to be used in raiding (just like the barricading rules).

« Last Edit: April 28, 2013, 03:20:57 PM by Mr. Manly Princess »

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2013, 05:02:18 AM »
It should be allowed to go by a ladder. One of the official guides says to do so.

Offline GrannyLad

• This Is Fucking
    Awesome
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2013, 08:58:36 AM »
I support this idea. I have acrobatic training and it is pretty much useless if it's against the rules to jump jump-able fences. Also I agree with the ladder idea, make sure you have a car big enough to fit it in, and then use for E.G; /me "Slides the ladder off the back of the flatbed and props it against the fence".

Offline Mr. Manly Princess

• SWAG
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2013, 03:21:06 PM »
Just found this "This is allowed because you are using a realistic method to gain access to in this case the garden of subs 2." in the forum guide (http://www.catalyst-gaming.net/index.php?topic=21688.0) that was made for barricading. It shows a picture of a ladder against a fence (http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/595848151399647115/7EDB2CCA644CAF3D133EFE121C1C53816DA8F893/), which is in clear contradiction with the rules at the moment.

Also, if the we're only looking for a "realistic method to gain access to" an area, why wouldn't hopping a fence be acceptable? Lets be realistic, it happens all the time in real life.

Offline Crap-Head

• #OCRP2
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2013, 12:06:03 PM »
Both the guide and the rules has been updated.

Consider this accepted.
Please do not add me on Steam because you have in-game problems. Make a thread in the correct board on the forum and i will respond to that whenever i have time.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal