Author Topic: Sandy Hook School shooting (Aka attack on my town)  (Read 4115 times)

Offline Rory

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Sandy Hook School shooting (Aka attack on my town)
« on: December 14, 2012, 01:54:54 PM »
From Rory Phillips, CT Newtown resident

Hey guys,

So recently i just got home from almost being caught in one of the worst school shootings- Or... sorry... THE worst school shooting in American history. 26 dead including 18 children and about 8 adults... Including a physiologist and the Principal.

The purple van pulled up to my school when i was outside, they looked like nuns as i whispered to my friend... They were bending over for something and then drove off at a slow speed. I was taking a test in biology about 3 hours later and then *POP POP POP* i heard the shots from my classroom. The school is about 1 mile away from my high school... 3 minutes later i get an announcement telling us to get down on the ground for a lock down, it was not a drill.

One of my old 3rd grade social studies teachers died from the stray of bullets. The rest... I don't know which ones died, hoping most of them lived. While my town stays terrorized... It reminds me a safe place isn't always safe.

From Nikolai, CT resident
Today, December 14th, Adam Lanza entered Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, CT and killed 28 people; 20 children, 8 adults including Adam Lanza's mother. According to NBC Connecticut, Lanza's father was found dead in his home in Hoboken, NJ. This is, without question, the worst shooting seen in the state of Connecticut in the entirety of its history, and in the entirety of the United States. This is Connecticut's Columbine.

Over the next weeks, you will hear people debate gun laws because of this. Fuck that, it doesn't matter. What matters is that 26 people are dead, among them little children who never got a fucking chance to live their lives. The parents of those children will have to live knowing that on a bright, sunny Connecticut day like today, they sent their children to school thinking they'd come back home, safe, at the end of the day, and they didn't. The citizens of the state of Connecticut, a state where we assume we're safe because nothing ever happens here, will realize over the coming days a haunting truth I realized when I was young: no matter where you are, you're not safe.

Our thoughts go out to the victims and their families, and if I were religious, I'd be inclined to give them my prayers, too.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2012, 05:38:31 PM by Nikolai v.II »

Offline wakeboarderCWB

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Sandy Hook School shooting (Aka attack on my town)
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2012, 03:17:07 PM »
It always makes me mad to read stories like this. You don't achieve anything out of killing others who aren't trying to kill you(I'm stating it like this as I don't mind war). You never know what can happen in life, and unfortunately this is one thing that can occur. My thoughts and prayers go out to the friends and family that lost their loved ones in the school shooting.

Offline vizioN

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2012, 05:28:34 PM »
They've announced that there is a confirmed 20 children and 7 adults dead, including the gunman. The principal was one, and the gunman's mother (a teacher) was another. Also, sources have stated it is now the brother, Adam Lanza, 20 years old, who committed the crime.

Absolutely horrifying. Things like this don't usually affect me emotionally, but seeing the pictures of the children screaming and crying is unbearable. Just writing this brings chills down my back.

Offline Dallas

• Bowties Are Cool
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2012, 05:35:36 PM »
Things like this sicken me. It causes so much grief and pain for the families that now must live without a mum, a dad or children. It's absolutely horrifying. Of course, in the aftermath, the media will use it as another excuse to rip into the internet or video games. It always happens, every time.

**Insert poorly made signature with fire, lens flares and obnoxious text**

Offline Hazard Time

• i luv hoerses
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2012, 05:43:16 PM »
Things like this sicken me. It causes so much grief and pain for the families that now must live without a mum, a dad or children. It's absolutely horrifying. Of course, in the aftermath, the media will use it as another excuse to rip into the internet or video games. It always happens, every time.

They're already using it as an excuse for more extreme gun-control laws.  Really, if they want to stop the problem, I think the best place to start is to fix the mental health care of this country.  According to American law, no one can be hospitalized against their will unless they are an immediate hazard to themselves or to others.  Of course, this means that the silent psychos, such as the Virginia Tech shooter, the Columbine shooters, and the Aurora guy could not have been institutionalized as 1) they did not want to be institutionalized and 2) there was no proof that they were an immediate threat to anyone. 

However, for the moment, I think we should focus on the families of those affected by this event.  All of our hearts and prayers, including mine, go out to the parents, brothers, sisters, friends, and others who were affected by this tragedy, and I hope that action is taken towards preventing another event like this.

Offline Rory

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2012, 05:50:37 PM »
Mental health is a big problem actually... you fuck with people enough and they will do anything to blow up your school. My friend Jacob had to be put into interrogation for saying he wanted to shoot someone for real in gym class while we were getting changed. Can he? I don't know, he would do anything though to do it if he really wanted to.

Offline wakeboarderCWB

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2012, 05:55:09 PM »
President Obama made a speech about the shooting. I don't like him much, but this definitely gave me a good outlook on him. You can tell he started to tear up, and that's great to see as he actually does care.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mIA0W69U2_Y" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mIA0W69U2_Y</a>

"They had their entire lives ahead of them — birthdays, graduations, wedding, kids of their own." They're, gone. There's nothing that can reverse this or the pain that their families went through. Putting him in jail will make him suffer, and the death penalty will just kill him. The parents lost a child that they can never get back, and that's just something that you can't get over.

Offline Hazard Time

• i luv hoerses
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2012, 05:57:34 PM »
President Obama made a speech about the shooting. I don't like him much, but this definitely gave me a good outlook on him. You can tell he started to tear up, and that's great to see as he actually does care.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mIA0W69U2_Y" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mIA0W69U2_Y</a>

"They had their entire lives ahead of them — birthdays, graduations, wedding, kids of their own." They're, gone. There's nothing that can reverse this or the pain that their families went through. Putting him in jail will make him suffer, and the death penalty will just kill him. The parents lost a child that they can never get back, and that's just something that you can't get over.

I listened to him on the radio when he made the speech, so I did hear the long pauses but had to assume he was tearing up.  I'm also not a fan of Obama, but I rather appreciate the fact he kept politics out of it and focused on the event rather than pointing fingers.  My respect for him is greatly increased.

Offline Lone Wanderer <??"?

• The one and only.
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2012, 06:34:17 PM »
We were talking about the shooting that happened at the Clackamas Town Center here in Oregon this morning. Then our principal came on, telling everyone that 28 people, including 18 children, were killed in Conneticut. I thought that two adults getting killed was awful. But this? 18 kids? Kids who don't that this kinda of evil exists in this world, kids who are completely innocent, kids trying to learn what it means to live. Now gone. I can't even imagine how the familes of the people feel. I don't really want to think this at all, and it's scary that I am, but I think more of these are going to be happening in the coming week, with the publicity these are getting and the looming 'end of the world'. I really hope it doesn't, but my mind keeps thinking it is.

Current Characters:
Abdul Sadek - Unregistered citizen, currently near City 18.
Monica Halleway - A seemingly crazy woman roaming the plaza.

Former HL2RP-Characters:
Jennifer Hanson - Former trader now involved with the Lambda Movement in City 17.
'091' - A former rogue medical unit now on the Combine Homeworld. Or is she?
Michael 'Y' Eloriga - A wanted criminal located in City 17, frequently spotted on rooftops.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal