Author Topic: Drinking alcohol or smoking cannabis  (Read 13212 times)

Offline smt

• lemon flavor lubricant
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Drinking alcohol or smoking cannabis
« Reply #30 on: June 28, 2011, 07:57:20 AM »
Unless you make it you self it's unhealthy, you don't know whats being mixed into the weed to help them sell more of it.

Offline Rory

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #31 on: June 28, 2011, 08:01:22 AM »
Even if it did, lets go back to alcohol.

Tell me what that does to your brain.

Offline smt

• lemon flavor lubricant
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: June 28, 2011, 08:02:16 AM »
Surely you've been drunk before?

Sort of gives it away? Leads to violence, not-knowing-what-the-fuck your doing?

Offline Rory

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #33 on: June 28, 2011, 08:02:56 AM »
Surely you've been drunk before?

Sort of gives it away? Leads to violence, not-knowing-what-the-fuck your doing?
Exacly, i can remember the last time i got high, but i sure can't remember Christmas night.

Offline Fishy

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: June 28, 2011, 08:03:39 AM »
Even if it did, lets go back to alcohol.

Tell me what that does to your brain.

http://pubs.niaaa.nih.gov/publications/aa63/aa63.htm

Drinking during pregnancy can lead to a range of physical, learning, and behavioral effects in the developing brain, the most serious of which is a collection of symptoms known as fetal alcohol syndrome (FAS). Children with FAS may have distinct facial features (see illustration). FAS infants also are markedly smaller than average. Their brains may have less volume (i.e., microencephaly). And they may have fewer numbers of brain cells (i.e., neurons) or fewer neurons that are able to function correctly, leading to long–term problems in learning and
behavior.

http://www.come-over.to/FAS/fasfacejohn.gif

^ While that may not apply to you, I'd say that's pretty serious. The rest of the effects can be read in the article.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2011, 08:05:51 AM by Fishy »

Offline Rory

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: June 28, 2011, 08:05:15 AM »
Your not supposed to drink when pregnant anyways...

Offline Fishy

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: June 28, 2011, 08:06:48 AM »
Your not supposed to drink when pregnant anyways...

Many people do it anyway. The article isn't ALL about drinking while pregnant.

Also in the article -  Most people realize that heavy, long–term drinking can damage the liver, the organ chiefly responsible for breaking down alcohol into harmless byproducts and clearing it from the body. But people may not be aware that prolonged liver dysfunction, such as liver cirrhosis resulting from excessive alcohol consumption, can harm the brain, leading to a serious and potentially fatal brain disorder known as hepatic encephalopathy.

Hepatic encephalopathy can cause changes in sleep patterns, mood, and personality; psychiatric conditions such as anxiety and depression; severe cognitive effects such as shortened attention span; and problems with coordination such as a flapping or shaking of the hands (called asterixis). In the most serious cases, patients may slip into a coma (i.e., hepatic coma), which can be fatal.

Offline Spassy The Starsailor

• VIP
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #37 on: June 28, 2011, 11:41:18 AM »
I would choose cannabis everyday. Alcohol is such a destructive drug, it costs our society billions each year because of the damage it does (By that I mean people fight, murder, abuse their family and the list goes on)

Cannabis has a better effect than alcohol. Alcohol is poison, you drink it, get an effect, when the effect takes off, the poison starts to come to effect. This is what the "Hangover" is, the effect of the toxic waste that is in the alcoholic drink.

No one has died from cannabis, because you cant OD from it and there are studies that suggest that you cant get lung cancer. You cant get it because the THC contains anti-tumorous substances that goes against the possible cancer from the smoke itself.

From personal experience I would prefer cannabis because the effect is much more unique than alcohol, it feels more natural and it makes everything more intense, you see another side of the world, you feel something, something special. But with alcohol you just become wasted and lose your logic side and do stuff that you will regret the next morning.

So this is my easiest explanation of why I choose cannabis over alcohol.

Edit: And when people say that cannabis stores substances in your fat and later on, many years after, you may get high because of what's left. This is pure bullshit, what gets stored in your fat is the inactive metabolite and this will go away if you burn fat, which you do every single day. So if someone thinks that this is dangerous for you body (what's left in your fat) it's not true, because it cant harm you, because it is INACTIVE.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2011, 11:48:33 AM by Generalissimo Spassy »
"Condemn me. It does not matter. History will absolve me."

Offline Baylife

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #38 on: June 28, 2011, 01:41:03 PM »
One word posts will not do. Please explain your choice as it looks like postwhoring if you only put one word in. 5% warning. - JiggerFrizz
« Last Edit: June 28, 2011, 02:12:46 PM by JiggerFrizz »

Offline wakeboarderCWB

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #39 on: June 28, 2011, 04:32:59 PM »
Most people in here are talking about drinking alcohol until you're drunk, when that's not always the case. As you get older with drinking alcohol, you get used to it and can drink more and feel fine. The problem with that is your body is now dependent on alcohol, meaning you need it for your body to function. The same goes for weed, aswell. Also, you're body can build tolerance to both weed and alcohol, meaning you need more and more as you keep using it.

Both are also gateway drugs, meaning they lead you to other drugs. The problem is, weed can lead you to more drugs than alcohol. Weed can eventually lead you to meth, an extremely dangerous drug that can, and probably will, kill you on the first use.

Both are bad for your body, but I find that alcohol is better because you don't have to drink until you get drunk, you can control it more than weed.

Source: Recently took a health class which taught all of this.

Offline Bromine

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #40 on: June 28, 2011, 05:00:12 PM »
One word posts/quotes will not do. Please explain your choice as it looks like postwhoring if you only put one word in. 5% warning. - JiggerFrizz
« Last Edit: June 28, 2011, 05:02:46 PM by JiggerFrizz »

Offline Journeyman H. [UK]

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #41 on: June 28, 2011, 06:03:11 PM »
-Wall of text-

Cannabis affects people differently likewise with alcohol, it entirely depends on the person.

It's how the mind works.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2011, 08:02:45 PM by Journeyman H. [UK] »
Clearly racist.

Offline Rory

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #42 on: June 28, 2011, 08:56:05 PM »
-Wall of text-

Cannabis affects people differently likewise with alcohol, it entirely depends on the person.

It's how the mind works.
My sister smokes weed atleast every week, she has had better grades that me.

Offline putin

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #43 on: June 28, 2011, 09:44:15 PM »
Weed doesn't have chemicals? What's THC do to your brain then...
It fucks you up dude. THC isn't a chemical, it's jesus.

Offline Fishy

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #44 on: June 29, 2011, 06:48:27 AM »
Weed doesn't have chemicals? What's THC do to your brain then...
It fucks you up dude. THC isn't a chemical, it's jesus.

What is it if it's not a chemical, then? We've already covered this on this page.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tetrahydrocannabinol

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal