Author Topic: Building a PC in the future  (Read 13948 times)

Offline wakeboarderCWB

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Building a PC in the future
« Reply #30 on: June 12, 2013, 07:48:59 PM »
Alright, let's stop this argument. Suggest what you want, and then Cold Bear will buy what he wants.

Also, Abbott, using the "go outside" wouldn't really persuade anyone into buying 8gb over 16gb. They want technical specifications, and they may not be the outside type.

Offline Nicknero

• Hatsune Miku
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [GMR2 Award] 100 MPH
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: June 13, 2013, 10:53:56 AM »
Honestly, I would go with an intel and nvidia build if you're willing to spend the money. It's better quality, and that's really a fact. AMD is cheaper because, well, it's not as good. But buy what you want.

Also, what are you going to be doing with this PC? If just gaming, stay with an i5 and 8gb ram.
I'm just really using it for gaming and maybe fraps when I play CG but, I would like to run like skyrim Ultra and like other graphic demanding games.
Yeah, stay with an i5 if you're just going to use it for gaming. i7's are good for rendering, modelling, etc. The only difference between an i5 and an i7 is the multicore hyperthreading, something games don't take advantage of yet.

This should play most games on Ultra. If you want, you may be able to get a cheaper motherboard and upgrade to GTX 670 graphics card.

Edit: Are you planning on overclocking? If so, you'll want to get a CPU cooler. Also, do you need an OS? That'll set you back $100. I upgraded the build to a GTX 670. Also changed the optical drive to a blu ray one.
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/15fMu

Okay, since it's in your budget I went ahead and switched over to an i7 and 16gb ram.

CPU
HDD
Case
GPU
RAM
Optical Drive
Motherboard
PSU
$1225 including shipping. If you want it less than $1200, drop down to 8GB RAM.
Yeah, I forgot all about the OS Probably Win7 either home professional 64 bit
16GB RAM is a massive waste if all you are going to do is game and fraps, at max go for 8GB and save your money
I was going to start youtubing with my friend but I guess I could upgrade if it ever happens.

recording with just about any program at 8gb ram will be completely fine, although instead of using FRAPS you should use OBS: http://obsproject.com/

it allows you to both livestream and local record and is less intensive than fraps so ye unless you are going to be doing some intense shit on your PC which all you are doing is gaming and recording videos by the sounds of it, 8 GB is fine

Stop suggesting crap.
If you want to record and edit for Youtube on professional level, get 16GB and use DXtory as recording software.
RAM is cheap as fuck, and trust me you'll need it if you plan to render and export HD quality videos.
For example I am rendering 1080p quality videos with 16GB RAM and I easily take up 13GB. And I can still easily browse the Internet and YouTube meanwhile.

<::[[ Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 using Tapatalk 2 ]]::>

can you not claim what im suggesting is crap then suggest even more shit plz ty

obs is completely fine and 8gb is also completely fine for recording, plus obs is way less intensive and uses less hard drive space while offering the same good quality

so plz sir, dont be an ass to my suggestions then suggest worse stuff ty

Read what I said.
I'm not talking about just recording. I'm talking about rendering and exporting professional quality 1080p HD videos.
8GB might just do it, but you won't be able to do anything else on your PC while you are rendering for an hour. With 16GB you can easily do other stuff while rendering, saving yourself a lot of time.

OBS is also only good for livestreaming. Don't even try to suggest it for professional level recording, as it is just shit. You know yourself that I did try it, and I have nothing but issues, issues and more issues. If it wasn't for the bad quality video, it would be for bad audio desync or the fact that you can only record one audio source.

Trust me, who's the professional quality youtuber here? You, or me?
http://www.youtube.com/user/MrNicknero1405
(I'm not claiming I'm a huge popular youtuber or something, but I know what I'm doing and OP wants the exact same thing as I do. Hence I suggest him proper equipment I use myself.)

1. instead of sitting at your pc while you render a video, its always a good idea to spend a break from your pc and actually do something in the real world

2. obs is COMPLETELY FINE for any sort of recording, both for fun and professional recording thank you very much

3. 8gb ram is completely fine for what hes going to be doing and like most youtubers out there and like i said earlier, while you wait for something to render you can always do something in the real world, breaks are important from the computer

4. plz do not call yourself a professional youtuber again it made me lol especially since you are partnered with the same network i am

im being straight to the point, you are shooting my suggestions down and coming up with worse suggestions to him so please stop

1. I really don't like to continue arguments, but playing the "get outside" card only proves you don't have anything better to say.

2. Have you tried DXtory yet? I did try OBS before I heard of DXtory, and I had nothing but trouble.

3. I'm not saying that 8GB isn't enough. But 16GB is better and it isn't expensive at all.

4. Read again. (The part between these () things, ye?)

(User has received a warning for this post("Continuing an argument after being told to stop" - wakeboarderCWB))
« Last Edit: June 13, 2013, 10:11:42 PM by wakeboarderCWB »
Check out my Youtube channel with all kinds of cool videos including LP's which I'm currently working at. Don't forget to give feedback as well. ;)

Offline Teitoku Ippan

• weeaboo faggot
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Owner Party
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: June 13, 2013, 01:52:56 PM »
Honestly, I would go with an intel and nvidia build if you're willing to spend the money. It's better quality, and that's really a fact. AMD is cheaper because, well, it's not as good. But buy what you want.

Also, what are you going to be doing with this PC? If just gaming, stay with an i5 and 8gb ram.
I'm just really using it for gaming and maybe fraps when I play CG but, I would like to run like skyrim Ultra and like other graphic demanding games.
Yeah, stay with an i5 if you're just going to use it for gaming. i7's are good for rendering, modelling, etc. The only difference between an i5 and an i7 is the multicore hyperthreading, something games don't take advantage of yet.

This should play most games on Ultra. If you want, you may be able to get a cheaper motherboard and upgrade to GTX 670 graphics card.

Edit: Are you planning on overclocking? If so, you'll want to get a CPU cooler. Also, do you need an OS? That'll set you back $100. I upgraded the build to a GTX 670. Also changed the optical drive to a blu ray one.
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/15fMu

Okay, since it's in your budget I went ahead and switched over to an i7 and 16gb ram.

CPU
HDD
Case
GPU
RAM
Optical Drive
Motherboard
PSU
$1225 including shipping. If you want it less than $1200, drop down to 8GB RAM.
Yeah, I forgot all about the OS Probably Win7 either home professional 64 bit
16GB RAM is a massive waste if all you are going to do is game and fraps, at max go for 8GB and save your money
I was going to start youtubing with my friend but I guess I could upgrade if it ever happens.

recording with just about any program at 8gb ram will be completely fine, although instead of using FRAPS you should use OBS: http://obsproject.com/

it allows you to both livestream and local record and is less intensive than fraps so ye unless you are going to be doing some intense shit on your PC which all you are doing is gaming and recording videos by the sounds of it, 8 GB is fine

Stop suggesting crap.
If you want to record and edit for Youtube on professional level, get 16GB and use DXtory as recording software.
RAM is cheap as fuck, and trust me you'll need it if you plan to render and export HD quality videos.
For example I am rendering 1080p quality videos with 16GB RAM and I easily take up 13GB. And I can still easily browse the Internet and YouTube meanwhile.

<::[[ Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 using Tapatalk 2 ]]::>

can you not claim what im suggesting is crap then suggest even more shit plz ty

obs is completely fine and 8gb is also completely fine for recording, plus obs is way less intensive and uses less hard drive space while offering the same good quality

so plz sir, dont be an ass to my suggestions then suggest worse stuff ty

Read what I said.
I'm not talking about just recording. I'm talking about rendering and exporting professional quality 1080p HD videos.
8GB might just do it, but you won't be able to do anything else on your PC while you are rendering for an hour. With 16GB you can easily do other stuff while rendering, saving yourself a lot of time.

OBS is also only good for livestreaming. Don't even try to suggest it for professional level recording, as it is just shit. You know yourself that I did try it, and I have nothing but issues, issues and more issues. If it wasn't for the bad quality video, it would be for bad audio desync or the fact that you can only record one audio source.

Trust me, who's the professional quality youtuber here? You, or me?
http://www.youtube.com/user/MrNicknero1405
(I'm not claiming I'm a huge popular youtuber or something, but I know what I'm doing and OP wants the exact same thing as I do. Hence I suggest him proper equipment I use myself.)

1. instead of sitting at your pc while you render a video, its always a good idea to spend a break from your pc and actually do something in the real world

2. obs is COMPLETELY FINE for any sort of recording, both for fun and professional recording thank you very much

3. 8gb ram is completely fine for what hes going to be doing and like most youtubers out there and like i said earlier, while you wait for something to render you can always do something in the real world, breaks are important from the computer

4. plz do not call yourself a professional youtuber again it made me lol especially since you are partnered with the same network i am

im being straight to the point, you are shooting my suggestions down and coming up with worse suggestions to him so please stop

1. I really don't like to continue arguments, but playing the "get outside" card only proves you don't have anything better to say.

2. Have you tried DXtory yet? I did try OBS before I heard of DXtory, and I had nothing but trouble.

3. I'm not saying that 8GB isn't enough. But 16GB is better and it isn't expensive at all.

4. Read again. (The part between these () things, ye?)

1. lol

2. just because your PC shits itself by running OBS and you are in the 0.1% of the people who probably suffer the same thing doesnt make the program shit

3. 16GB is hardly better than 8GB, even for video editing because its also still influenced by your CPU and the extra 8GB RAM hardly makes a difference

4. lol you still called yourself a professional quality youtuber

(User has received a warning for this post("Continuing an argument after being told to stop" - wakeboarderCWB))
« Last Edit: June 13, 2013, 10:11:28 PM by wakeboarderCWB »

Offline wakeboarderCWB

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: June 13, 2013, 10:17:30 PM »
Abbott and Nick, I told you to stop once. A one day ban will be issued if either of you continue to argue about it.

Offline ColdBear

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Full Economy [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: June 19, 2013, 11:09:53 PM »
Anything else helpful to me for building my computer? Also it would be awesome if somebody made a build off of newegg or pcpartpicker! Thanks everybody :D

Offline ColdBear

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Full Economy [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #37 on: June 22, 2013, 08:19:44 PM »
Anything else helpful to me for building my computer? Also it would be awesome if somebody made a build off of newegg or pcpartpicker! Thanks everybody :D

Could somebody put a build together please?

Offline Lewis

• Hey Restart Outlands
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #38 on: June 23, 2013, 05:46:20 AM »

people have already put together 3 or so builds for you in this very thread

Offline ColdBear

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #39 on: June 24, 2013, 11:10:56 PM »

people have already put together 3 or so builds for you in this very thread

But there were changes in what other people said... And one thing is like out of stock or something

Offline cookiesofamerica

• I'm the american cookie motherfucker!
  • VIP
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #40 on: June 26, 2013, 02:04:21 PM »
I recommend a case with good airflow that can support liquid cooling, for ex:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811322019
I Am The Living Coookie!
C17.S4L.04.864 Does projects I guess
UU.OTA.VANGUARD.56294- Does OTA stuff I guess
Alexander Burton- prays in the outlands and is from the Eastern Orthodox church.
Calvin Dufresne- I have no idea what he does

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal