Author Topic: Leyka's Authorization Application  (Read 3589 times)

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Leyka's Authorization Application
« on: February 27, 2012, 11:36:33 PM »
Player Section

Steam Name: Statua
How long have you been Roleplaying? (can be any game): 6
How long have you been playing Serious GMod RP?: 3

Character Section

Authorization(s):
Siberian Husky Character

Name: Leyka
Affiliation: None

Write a detailed in-canon back-story how your character obtained these authorizations.
Leyka was adopted by a ukraine family of two in the spring of 2012. She grew up in the small apartment with her owners who trained her to be housebroken over several months. Leyka grew into her full, soft, furry body by summer 2013. She had learned voice commands in the ukraine language as well as several hand gestures to tell her what to do. Leyka loved her owners. They fed her well, gave her treats, and provided her with toys and beds to keep her happy. She was very active too. Her owners took her on three long walks a day around the streets. The one floor two bedroom apartment was large enough for her to run around and play. Leyka had the dogs life. Worry free, caring owners, and enough exercise to keep even a great dane happy.

Summer 2014 came around. Portal storms and Xen infestations had already begun. All of humanity was inhabiting large city centers rather then small cities and towns. The odd headcrab crawling around the desolate streets of the ukraine city became a common sight. One evening, Leyka was walking with her owner outside. They started down the usual back alley they take. Leyka stopped, her ears perched forward. She was watching a dumpster carefully. Her owner noticed this and asked in ukraine, "Whats wrong Leyka?" She kept watching the dumpster. There was a thump from within. Leyka flinched but continued pointing. There was the sound of things sliding and moving in the dumpster. Leyka's owner also noticed this. He tugged on Leyka's leash. "Come on lets go Leyka." he said in Ukraine. Leyka didn't budge. A scratching sound came from the dumpster. Two brownish green talons curled over the edge of the dumpster. A brownish green blob looking creature pulled itself out of the dumpster. It looked at Leyka and her owner. Leyka began to growl at the thing. The creature quickly pulled itself out of the dumpster and launched towards Leyka's owner who out of fear, dropped the leash and tried to run. Leyka saw the creature flying toward her owner. She jumped and intercepted the creature, latching on to its body with her jaw. She landed, throwing the creature to the ground. She looked at it carefully, standing almost directly over it. The creature lay motionless for a good ten seconds. "Leyka come." her owner said. "Leyka." he picked up the leash and tugged it. "Leyka!" she turned her head, looking at her owner. The creature squirmed and quickly scratched at Leyka. Its talon made contact with her right fore leg, leaving a three inch gash down her leg. Leyka jumped back and yelped. The creature tried to flip itself over. There was a gunshot. Leyka flinched. Then another shot. The creature lie motionless on the ground, a yellow fluid leaking out of its mass. Leyka's owner stood, holding a Beretta 92 at the creature. Leyka whimpered. Her owner looked at Leyka, pocketed the 92, and ran toward Leyka. She was lying on the ground, bleeding from her leg. Her owner picked her up. "Its ok Leyka." she said, "We'll get you home." He quickly walked back to his apartment, carrying a messy, bloody Leyka. They arrived at the apartment shortly. "What happened?" the female owner asked in ukraine. "Headcrab got her. She saved me by taking it down from the air but it scratched her." "Alright put her in the bathtub, I'll get the vet kit." Her female owner worked as a veterinarian for a nearby vet. She fixed up Leyka's gash and placed bandage along the sutured cut. She gave Leyka a wash and moved her to her bed so she could sleep and start recovering. 

Fall 2015 is when things started getting bad. Leyka was home alone. Her owners were out for dinner at a restaurant. She was lying on the couch, napping, waiting for her owners to get home. There was a knock in the room below. Leyka lifted her head and listened intently. She could hear people walking around in the room below. They were talking. One of them sounded weird. He had a low, robotic like voice. There was the sound of an electric zap. "I said don't move." the voice said. An impact sound accompanied with another electrical zap could be heard. The man downstairs screamed in pain. There was another hit, the man screamed louder. There was a shorter, quieter zap. "Now. Come with me." the voice said. The people left the room. Leyka heard the door of her apartment being tried. She got off the couch and wagged her tail, expecting her owners. The door swung open. A figure wearing a white mask and a kevlar vest walked in. It looked around the room and spotted Leyka. "Amputate." it said. It drew a USP and pointed it at Leyka. Remembering the headcrab, Leyka took off through the door, pushing past the figure. The USP shot twice but missed. Leyka tore down the stairwell. Two others that looked like the one on her room were down the hall. They didn't notice her. The front door was left open a crack. She ran up to it and used her head to push past it. As she ran down the street, she noticed people being lined up and herded by more of these figures. There were dark blue grey metal vehicles with huge wheels everywhere. She darted into a back alley. Two of these figures were at the other end. There was a pile of boxes beside a dumpster with space behind them. She ran behind the boxes as the two figures turned. They began walking down the alley, talking about something. Leyka sunk back crawling further behind the box pile. The figures were close now, almost right in front of her. She backed into a box, knocking a can over. A clang rang out from the can as the figures walked in front of the dumpster. They stopped and looked at the pile of boxes. One of the figures began walking back to the other side of the dumpster. Leyka tensed up. Her ears perked and she was ready to bolt at any given moment. The first one spoke out. "Wait." it held up its hand. "Nevermind, it was probably just a rat. Lets go." Both figures quickly walked out the alley, leaving Leyka alone. After waiting for almost half an hour with no events, Leyka quietly crawled out from behind the dumpster. There were no more figures in either direction. She walked the opposite direction she came and headed toward the street. She slowly left the alley, looking left, then right. There was nothing in sight. No people. No metal truck things. The sun was going down now. She didnt want to be outside at night nor did she want to run back to the apartment yet with those figures around. There was another alley ahead. Leyka trotted toward the alley. There was junk piled on both sides. She walked through the alley and came across a fenced in area. There were wood crates inside. On the corner of one fence segment, the chainlink had been pulled away or bent. Leyka crawled through the small opening into the area. There was a closed door with a window but the lights inside were off. There was a small cagelight at the top left corner of the doorway, lighting up the small area. Behind the crates was a small pile of cardboard boxes folded up flat. Leyka walked over to the cardboard and sniffed. She then stepped on top of the soft pile and spun around one and a half times before lying down, curled up so her tail was no more then an inch from her nose. Leyka laid there for about an hour, looking at a wall. She was thinking about her owners and where they were. She slowly drifted off into a deep, restless sleep.

Leyka woke up the next morning to a growling stomach. She was hungry and needed something to eat. Leyka stood up from her cardboard bed and stretched. She shook briefly and walked over to the hole in the fence. There was no one or nothing around so she crawled through the fence. Leyka trotted down the alley to the street. She looked up and down the street but there was not a soul in sight still. Leyka trotted over to the alley she hid in the other day. It was empty as well. She entered the alley carefully and proceeded to the other side. She looked down this street and it was too empty. Leyka trotted to the apartment. The front door was open a crack so Leyka squeezed through. She walked up the stairs to the second floor. The apartment door was still open as were many others. Leyka walked in the door. The apartment was the same it was when she left the day before. There was some food left in her food bowl. Leyka walked over and began eating. She looked around the apartment, wondering where her owners were. She decided to curl up on the couch and wait.

Three hours later, she heard someone running up the stairs then hit something. Leyka jumped off the couch and trotted to the door to see. Her male owner was standing with his back against the wall holding up his hands. One of the figures was in front of him.
"Please," he said in ukraine. "I just want to see my dog. Let me go."
"Final warning citizen. Move." the figure boomed, pointing toward the stairs.
"No I must see her!" her owner said. He pushed the figure out of the way and started for the room. The figure swung his baton at the male, an electric zap rang out. The male fell to the floor in pain.
"Issuing non-compliance verdict and attempt to run. Amputating anti-citizen." the figure said. It drew its handgun and raised it. Leyka's owner lifted his head and saw Leyka sticking her head out the door.
"Leyka?" the man said. The figure pulled the trigger. A shot rang out through the hallway and the man fell to the floor. Leyka ran back inside the apartment and hid behind the couch. The figure must have not noticed her because after that, she heard him say, "Cremator to block seven seven two." and descend down the stairs. Leyka crept out the apartment again, checking to see if there were any more figures. She walked toward her owner, whimpering. Leyka nuzzled her owners hand and licked it. She whined again and sat beside him. Leyka remained sitting for about twenty minutes. She got up and sniffed her owner one more time, whining. Leyka finally left the apartment again, trotting to her fenced in home, never to see the apartment again.

A year and a half had passed. It was now the end of winter 2017. Leyka had lost a lot of weight and muscle. She could run but not for long. Leyka usually ate small rodents and drank from puddles. Leyka lived alone. She rarely saw anyone. Every now and then she would see a human wearing blue pants and a blue jacket run by. Even more rarely she would see one of the masked figures. Some of them looked different. They had different colours or different shaped masks. They sometimes carried larger weapons. Leyka knew where the good hiding spots were so when she saw a figure, she ran to them and hid. Her small body gave her an advantage at hiding. Leyka had a couple close calls but was never injured other then maybe a scratch from a metal wire in a chain link fence. Leyka moved from place to place to sleep every now and then. By now, she had ended up close to the city center there was more traffic here but there were also more rodents and scraps to eat. The place however lacked hiding spots but Leyka found a nice little corner to hide in.

What will these authorizations give your character in regards to perks or defects?
Perks
-Dog Character
-Can hide easier
-Can crawl through tight spaces
-Can run fast
-Requires less food
-Immune to human only illness
-Knows what a CCA unit looks like and what a gun looks like

Defects
-Cant run for long
-Doesnt understand english whatsoever and only understands a few ukraine words
-Takes more damage
-Lower logic then humans
-Fears humans due to little contact in a year (temporary)

What do you plan to do with these perks/defects?
For perks, I plan to hide when a S6 sweep is in effect. I also plan to use some perks for survival.

FOr defects, I plan to make Leyka difficult to interact with. If in the event leyka is killed fairly, it will be a PK.

Will anyone else need these auths? (If so, list OOC and IC name(s))
N/A

Which server does this apply for?
City

Extra Notes (optional):
Please take time to consider this application before going "denied. no dogs in le city"

Here's the thing with Leyka. She wont be very active. Maybe once or twice a week but she's more of a "Oh hey its Leyka. Hi." and RP with her for a couple hours, then she reutrns to her sector for a few days (shes small so she can get through openings other humans cant, no I wont abuse this to hide from CCA, without on-the-spot auths of course) to do what she does. Maybe in the fiture she will hang around but she's basically in another sector when offline.

TL;DR Leyka isn't a character I go on every day, just someone who shows up every now and then... For now.
« Last Edit: February 29, 2012, 07:20:48 PM by Statua »

Offline wag1

• somalian dry
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Leyka's Authorization Application
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2012, 02:52:23 PM »
It's a very interesting concept, Stat'.

I'll talk to Raiden on how he feels about this, and some other HL2RP admins. Either then that; I'm neutral.

Offline Kevin

• I AM SO KROGAN
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2012, 06:43:00 PM »
I already have a dog character, and it would be epic to have another doggie around.
Frolie [Tray is Krogan]: sup bra
Tray [Isn't Krogan]: not much panties

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2012, 07:12:06 PM »
I already have a dog character, and it would be epic to have another doggie around.
look at where Leyka is located.

Offline garry :D

• ~I LOVE a boat~
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2012, 10:00:10 PM »
You've got my +support for this character.

Offline agrum

• Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: February 29, 2012, 05:14:38 PM »
You definitly have my +support for this character. I have been watching/roleplaying with you for a while now. I believe he is fully capable of roleplaying with this authorization.

Offline Krisrules

• notice me senpai~~
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: February 29, 2012, 06:35:52 PM »
I too support this application, Statua has never shown abuse with any privileges, and if he is willing to introduce more unique roleplay, who are we to stop him?

TL;DR +support

Only worry is, the fact that it is in the city, think we'll need Raidens input on this

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: February 29, 2012, 07:10:57 PM »
Here's the thing with Leyka. She wont be very active. Maybe once or twice a week but she's more of a "Oh hey its Leyka. Hi." and RP with her for a couple hours, then she reutrns to her sector for a few days (shes small so she can get through openings other humans cant, no I wont abuse this to hide from CCA, without on-the-spot auths of course) to do what she does. Maybe in the fiture she will hang around but she's basically in another sector when offline.

TL;DR Leyka isn't a character I go on every day, just someone who shows up every now and then... For now.

Offline Krisrules

• notice me senpai~~
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2012, 06:01:39 PM »
Regardless because this is literally a first for the city, it definitely needs raidens input, im going to spam him to hell now until' he responds

Offline wag1

• somalian dry
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2012, 02:50:56 PM »
Statua, after thinking it over a lot, I decided to move from neutral to +support.

You are an AMAZING role-player, if you promise not to walk into the plaza and say 'yo sup niqqa', then yeah, it's a good idea.

Maybe if we were to implement a model like http://www.garrysmod.org/downloads/?a=view&id=114706 to the server, it would make it easier for people to RP you as a dog, not a minge. Heh'.

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2012, 06:01:02 PM »
Eh. Theres like 1 dog model. The others are goofy looking or are wolves. Theres a dog here (last picture in op) http://facepunch.com/threads/743203?highlight=dog+model
Or here
http://www.garrysmod.org/downloads/?a=view&id=82058

Offline garry :D

• ~I LOVE a boat~
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2012, 11:15:24 PM »
Since there have been no objections to having this character, consider this application accepted.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2012, 01:45:59 AM by Kom??Як »

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal