Author Topic: Orange Cosmos RP 2 Release Date  (Read 17297 times)

Offline Crap-Head

• #OCRP2
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Orange Cosmos RP 2 Release Date
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2013, 03:53:13 PM »
There's like 10 people on the alpha team. They have full access to the server. They have had lots of time to test, and has found lots of bugs.

I know a beta would be a good idea, but I'm pretty confident that the alpha team has found all the obvious bugs that a beta would also find. There will still be a few bugs, but once posted on the bug reports I will fix it right away.

Lets see how it goes, eh?
Please do not add me on Steam because you have in-game problems. Make a thread in the correct board on the forum and i will respond to that whenever i have time.

Offline Keskjer

• Catalyst Gaming
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2013, 03:56:37 PM »
There's like 10 people on the alpha team. They have full access to the server. They have had lots of time to test, and has found lots of bugs.

I know a beta would be a good idea, but I'm pretty confident that the alpha team has found all the obvious bugs that a beta would also find. There will still be a few bugs, but once posted on the bug reports I will fix it right away.

Hey if your confident I don't think anyone here should doubt you then. You say your sure, okay alright, Lets see how it goes. ; ) <3

Offline S?cojnr

• #1 CHAV
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2013, 04:08:50 PM »

Fair enough then, I look forward to playing it :P

Offline Crap-Head

• #OCRP2
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2013, 04:09:04 PM »
Many of the important features has been fully tested to make sure there are no major problems on release. It's impossible to test the entire gamemode through, but the alpha team has done a decent job on testing many, many features, and reported everything they found.

There could always be done more testing, but nothing is bug free, and we can't find anything. Things will pop up over time, but I will do everything to fix it as soon as reported.
Please do not add me on Steam because you have in-game problems. Make a thread in the correct board on the forum and i will respond to that whenever i have time.

Offline smt

• lemon flavor lubricant
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2013, 04:15:13 PM »

no testing can compare to a beta where people play normally

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: April 15, 2013, 04:55:28 PM »

no testing can compare to a beta where people play normally
Exactly. Bugs you may not find by focusing on something can be found by just playing the game and running through things over and over again.

Offline smt

• lemon flavor lubricant
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: April 15, 2013, 05:17:20 PM »
the software development cycle includes testing for a reason, because it's vital

Offline kronik

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Lottery Winner [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: April 15, 2013, 05:29:25 PM »
the software development cycle includes testing for a reason, because it's vital
If someone plans on quoting this mentioning the "alpha team is testing!!!" don't bother. Having a select group joining and searching for bugs is nothing like having around 20 people playing the game like they normally would for a good week. This has already been stated but I can already see someone quoting this and saying the previous quote.

Offline Psycho29388

• Maximum Autism
  • VIP
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: April 15, 2013, 05:31:22 PM »

Agreed. Me and plenty of other people have waited long enough. Any bugs that are found can be reported and fixed pretty fast, Aslong as there's no game breaking bugs then it'll be just fine.

Offline BltElite

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: April 15, 2013, 05:36:58 PM »
Changelog go
what

Offline smt

• lemon flavor lubricant
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: April 15, 2013, 05:39:01 PM »

Any bugs that are found can be reported and fixed pretty fast, Aslong as there's no game breaking bugs then it'll be just fine.

for all anyone knows there could be a game breaking bug that only happens because of something that didn't occur to the alpha testers within like an hour or two of release and then it'll be down for another week
cause fast coding lol

Offline TOMASAS

• da best xd
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Owner Party
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: April 15, 2013, 06:14:19 PM »

Any bugs that are found can be reported and fixed pretty fast, Aslong as there's no game breaking bugs then it'll be just fine.

for all anyone knows there could be a game breaking bug that only happens because of something that didn't occur to the alpha testers within like an hour or two of release and then it'll be down for another week
cause fast coding lol

It would be down for a day at max if such a gamebreaking bug would appear.
Stop assuming things.

bitcoin: 1Fq4EFYLwvktC3uKM6d6qu8irSwepqigAX

Offline smt

• lemon flavor lubricant
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: April 15, 2013, 06:49:33 PM »
"oh we can fix it anyway" shouldn't be a valid reason to skip an important phase of any software release

Offline Nicknero

• Hatsune Miku
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [GMR2 Award] 100 MPH
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: April 15, 2013, 06:52:41 PM »
Then consider the release as a testing like playing the game normally....

We are not talking about a professional triple A game release. We can afford to have a few bugs that require a hotfix/quick update soon after release.

<::[[ Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 using Tapatalk 2 ]]::>
Check out my Youtube channel with all kinds of cool videos including LP's which I'm currently working at. Don't forget to give feedback as well. ;)

Offline Lone Wanderer <??"?

• The one and only.
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: April 15, 2013, 07:15:52 PM »
Then consider the release as a testing like playing the game normally....

We are not talking about a professional triple A game release. We can afford to have a few bugs that require a hotfix/quick update soon after release.

<::[[ Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 using Tapatalk 2 ]]::>

You can still be slightly professional about it. It's much better to have a beta testing period where bugs and what not can be discovered and fixed rather than having random people join from the population of GMOD coming on and seeing things in a broken state. People are going to come on the server and be scared away by gamebreaking bugs, as they don't know everything that we do. A simple way to get around this is to have a beta testing period. There shouldn't be a 'oh well it's kinda like a beta testing period', because it isn't if you're releasing the gamemode and having it open to everyone.

Current Characters:
Abdul Sadek - Unregistered citizen, currently near City 18.
Monica Halleway - A seemingly crazy woman roaming the plaza.

Former HL2RP-Characters:
Jennifer Hanson - Former trader now involved with the Lambda Movement in City 17.
'091' - A former rogue medical unit now on the Combine Homeworld. Or is she?
Michael 'Y' Eloriga - A wanted criminal located in City 17, frequently spotted on rooftops.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal