Author Topic: Orange Cosmos RP 2 Announcement  (Read 21949 times)

Offline OwenCobs

• #1 Muslim
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Junkie [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Orange Cosmos RP 2 Announcement
« Reply #30 on: April 03, 2013, 03:22:30 PM »
HRP isn't light, it's semi-serious. Though it won't look like it if admins don't do their jobs.

Zing, Pretty hot burn there.

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #31 on: April 03, 2013, 03:39:49 PM »
HRP isn't light, it's semi-serious. Though it won't look like it if admins don't do their jobs.

Zing, Pretty hot burn there.
If it's semi-serious then I can administrate that. There might be an increase in bans though as rules for semi-serious are a bit harsher then lite. I cant administrate lite RP. Not my thing.

Offline Rory

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: April 03, 2013, 03:53:17 PM »
Guys ocrp isn't shut down or anything yet, before it does though can we atleast fill the server up one last time and have some fun?

Offline OwenCobs

• #1 Muslim
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Junkie [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #33 on: April 03, 2013, 04:10:58 PM »
I call one final ocrp party

Offline Rory

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: April 03, 2013, 04:28:15 PM »
I call one final ocrp party
Do it, organize it in general discussion or something like that.

Offline tics

• The Artist Formerly Known as Ricky
  • Developer
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: April 03, 2013, 05:42:34 PM »
I hope everyone's talking about semi-serious, OCRP as a full serious game mode would just kill the fun. You have to have at least some freedom to do the same old stuff we all remember from back in the days.

like when it was orange cosmos, the 'serious' server and the lite.
Yeah I think there would be 4 levels of RP in this case. Lite, what HRP is. Semi-serious, what OCRP was on good days. Serious, what OCRP was back in OC's serious days. And in-depth serious, what HL2RP is.

I'd like to see a serious server at some point but I think semi-serious will be our best bet on launch. I made a nice little guide on semi-serious rp for you guys which goes over pretty much everything.
If you seriously believe that HRP is semi-serious, then perhaps you need to reevaluate what you consider "serious" and not. HRP is really lite; that's how most people play it. Honestly, you cannot force a level of seriousness onto a gamemode via rules and administration. It all depends on how the gamemode's been made. People will play it how they feel.
Live free or die

Offline kronik

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Lottery Winner [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: April 03, 2013, 05:49:35 PM »
I hope everyone's talking about semi-serious, OCRP as a full serious game mode would just kill the fun. You have to have at least some freedom to do the same old stuff we all remember from back in the days.

like when it was orange cosmos, the 'serious' server and the lite.
Yeah I think there would be 4 levels of RP in this case. Lite, what HRP is. Semi-serious, what OCRP was on good days. Serious, what OCRP was back in OC's serious days. And in-depth serious, what HL2RP is.

I'd like to see a serious server at some point but I think semi-serious will be our best bet on launch. I made a nice little guide on semi-serious rp for you guys which goes over pretty much everything.
If you seriously believe that HRP is semi-serious, then perhaps you need to reevaluate what you consider "serious" and not. HRP is really lite; that's how most people play it. Honestly, you cannot force a level of seriousness onto a gamemode via rules and administration. It all depends on how the gamemode's been made. People will play it how they feel.
Of course you can force a level of seriousness, just be more strict on rule breakers and teach players how something should be done in a semi-serious environment if they're playing it like it's lite. People can jump on hl2rp and play it however they want, just like you can jump on any other RP server and do the same. It's the way the administration runs the server that decides how you're going to play it if you wish to continue.

Offline OwenCobs

• #1 Muslim
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #37 on: April 03, 2013, 05:53:46 PM »
Although people hate how the Orange Cosmos staff team ran and I agree because they were egotistical but, it worked. People roleplayed seriously because they were made to. HRP is very relaxed in my eyes and if the same administration attitude is taken in OCRP2 then so will OCRP

Offline Rory

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #38 on: April 03, 2013, 07:30:40 PM »
will vip get any kind of beta testing or no?

Offline Crap-Head

• #OCRP2
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #39 on: April 03, 2013, 09:14:50 PM »
will vip get any kind of beta testing or no?

That is not currently planned, no.

Also a few things that are good to know.

Status Bar
The status bar now has OCRP and OCRP2. Both servers and running the gamemode "Orange Cosmos RP 2". There is no difference between the two servers. The database is shared between the servers. This means that it doesn't matter if of the two servers you join, you will have all of your stuff.

We are not sure if two servers is something we will keep. We will see what time brings.

Organizations
I see some people are already creating organizations. That's nice.
Just a note to everybody doing this. Your organization can maximum hold 20 members. This is not just a rule, but it is hardcoded into the gamemode.

Just some info that I think you will find useful. If people ask about OCRP and OCRP2 on the status bar, just link them to his post :)
Please do not add me on Steam because you have in-game problems. Make a thread in the correct board on the forum and i will respond to that whenever i have time.

Offline smt

• lemon flavor lubricant
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #40 on: April 04, 2013, 01:47:32 AM »
Is there a valid reason orgs have to be limited to 20 people other than laziness? that's really very limiting

Offline alaskan thunderfuck

• Owner
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Orange Cosmos RP 2 Announcement
« Reply #41 on: April 04, 2013, 03:44:36 AM »
orgs shouldn't be insanely powerful just because they have a ton of members. we want people to be very selective with who they put in their organizations and not have it like before where there was 2 or 3 really big orgs that pretty much controlled everything
Please don't PM me regarding bans or anything having to do with in-game situations. Only PM me if you've been told I am the only one who can solve your issue.

Offline ???Jesusfreak???

• VIP
  • Awards [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Full Economy [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #42 on: April 04, 2013, 04:47:20 AM »
orgs shouldn't be insanely powerful just because they have a ton of members. we want people to be very selective with who they put in their organizations and not have it like before where there was 2 or 3 really big orgs that pretty much controlled everything

I agree with Rolf fuckthunder as too big organizations isn't the right thing to have, it would be great to have a limit amount of personal such as max 10 people, but still it would be abit difficulty when other organizations want to create an alliance with another org which would cause them to grow somehow.

Credit goes to jackal

Offline smt

• lemon flavor lubricant
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #43 on: April 04, 2013, 04:49:47 AM »

Wont make a single bit of difference when people just join orgs together

Offline BltElite

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #44 on: April 04, 2013, 05:00:41 AM »

Wont make a single bit of difference when people just join orgs together

This. Remember last time when 3 of the big orgs joined together to make an alliance and pretty much ruled the server?
what

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal