Poll

Which of these options do you want to see on OCRP2

Release with RP_EvoCity_V2D.
5 (5.2%)
Release with RP_EvoCity_V2D, and CHANGE to RP_EvoCity_V33X on Sep 24th.
31 (32%)
Release with RP_EvoCity_V33X.
61 (62.9%)

Total Members Voted: 97

Voting closed: August 11, 2012, 06:45:56 AM

Author Topic: Orange Cosmos RP 2 Map Poll  (Read 16819 times)

Offline swag master spiderman

• Grand Wizard of the KKK
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Orange Cosmos RP 2 Map Poll
« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2012, 09:28:59 AM »
I'm voting 2D because it'll probably get a bigger playerbase and it isn't too bad.

Offline tics

• The Artist Formerly Known as Ricky
  • Developer
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2012, 09:33:03 AM »
I'm not going to vote, because last I checked, I think Statua is continuing work on Rockford. I'm not sure if he would want the map used in OCRP2, and I don't know if you would, but it's worth considering and speaking to Statua about.
Live free or die

Offline Crap-Head

• #OCRP2
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2012, 09:34:39 AM »
Voted for release with V33x, because the first impression needs to be good.

If players join and they see V2d with not so much PassiveRP, they will think nothing has changed and they probably won't join when the map changes either.

Speaking from what happened last time we went to v33x to try and save the playerbase, we didn't get any new players. Which is what we need, new players to get up the amount of people we have.

Oh well, if v33x wins and goes completely shit, theres nothing stopping us from switching back. Time will tell what happens, i guess.
Please do not add me on Steam because you have in-game problems. Make a thread in the correct board on the forum and i will respond to that whenever i have time.

Offline Nadav

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2012, 09:42:41 AM »

Forum ban issued. I already warned one guy for just posting the number of what he voted, why did you do the same thing? ~ Crap-Head
« Last Edit: August 08, 2012, 09:45:19 AM by Crap-Head »

Offline D3AD_S1L3NT

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: August 08, 2012, 11:19:23 AM »
Voted for release with V33x, because the first impression needs to be good.

If players join and they see V2d with not so much PassiveRP, they will think nothing has changed and they probably won't join when the map changes either.

Speaking from what happened last time we went to v33x to try and save the playerbase, we didn't get any new players. Which is what we need, new players to get up the amount of people we have.

Oh well, if v33x wins and goes completely shit, theres nothing stopping us from switching back. Time will tell what happens, i guess.

nono... no.... we didnt get any new players because there was like 5 ocrps... maybe with only one ocrp thats on a map that some people enjoy like v33x will get new players. its not always the map that gets us new players, half the time nobody even knows what ocrp is.

i make no sense but youll get what im saying.

~silent
« Last Edit: August 08, 2012, 11:21:41 AM by D3AD_S1L3NT - FUCK YOU PURPLE? »
Bananananannanananana

Offline Teitoku Ippan

• weeaboo faggot
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Owner Party
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: August 08, 2012, 12:04:09 PM »
Well, I changed my vote to Option 3 and the reason is edited into my previous post.

Offline Anzu

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: August 08, 2012, 12:30:19 PM »
Voted for v33x because there is nothing v2d has that is better.

Rather start with v33x playerbase and keep it than start with v2d, change to v33x and have everyone mad because their tiny house on v2d to grow weed on is fine.

Offline Nicknero

• Hatsune Miku
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [GMR2 Award] 100 MPH
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: August 08, 2012, 03:41:44 PM »
People who vote for 33x do actually have a good point.
Besides, perhaps the fact we go from OCRP1.5 to OCRP2 is a reason for people to join, regardless of the different map.
If we start with V2d and switch to 33x later, we have a bigger chance to lose players.
Check out my Youtube channel with all kinds of cool videos including LP's which I'm currently working at. Don't forget to give feedback as well. ;)

Offline wakeboarderCWB

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: August 08, 2012, 05:00:39 PM »
Voted to release with v33x. I see v33x as a more serious RP map, and if a player is serious about joining they will have no problem going to download the map. Basically everyone has V2d, and that includes the RP'ers that grow and raid, nothing else. V33x will attract more serious rp'ers in my opinion.

Offline Wafflepwn_syrup

• Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: August 08, 2012, 06:22:43 PM »
I feel like the Dev's are trying to force us into sticking with V2D? Anyone else feel like this?
Option 3 where releasing with OCRP 2 So hopefully it will push people over to join V33x
"You wouldn't worry so much about what people really thought of you if you knew just how seldom they do."
"Two roads diverged in a wood, and I— I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference."
“The thought of suicide is a great consolation: by means of it one gets through many a dark night"
"Do not stand at my grave and weep, I am not there; I do not sleep."
"The most consistent part of all my failures is me"
"Don't waste your time or time will waste you."
"Why am I dying

Offline Crap-Head

• #OCRP2
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: August 08, 2012, 06:26:01 PM »
I feel like the Dev's are trying to force us into sticking with V2D? Anyone else feel like this?
Option 3 where releasing with OCRP 2 So hopefully it will push people over to join V33x

Maybe you should wake up, and see that any "dev" has said that to go with either option 2 or 3. Which option 2 is start with v2d, then go to v33x when gmod is more stable, and option 3 is go to v33x directly.

Don't get me wrong, i LOVE v33x, i would love to play that, i just afraid of an empty server after a few weeks, which i know for a fact will not happen on v2d, as that is sure as hell proven a few times already.
Please do not add me on Steam because you have in-game problems. Make a thread in the correct board on the forum and i will respond to that whenever i have time.

Offline Wafflepwn_syrup

• Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: August 08, 2012, 06:40:39 PM »
Maybe you should wake up, and see that any "dev" has said that to go with either option 2 or 3. Which option 2 is start with v2d, then go to v33x when gmod is more stable, and option 3 is go to v33x directly.

Don't get me wrong, i LOVE v33x, i would love to play that, i just afraid of an empty server after a few weeks, which i know for a fact will not happen on v2d, as that is sure as hell proven a few times already.

ah my bad sorry, But I think personally we should start off with V33x The only slight problem with doing so is, The Map Is slightly to big for the server size, But more people enjoy it, and it gives use more room for Passive RP (Which I try to do for the most part,) its really hard to do so on V2D because the map lacks size / building you can turn into stores. Which also gives the lunatics who grow all day for cars to drive around = gold member donations to get more cars to drive around.

(fixed your post ~ Crap-Head)
« Last Edit: August 08, 2012, 06:48:15 PM by Crap-Head »
"You wouldn't worry so much about what people really thought of you if you knew just how seldom they do."
"Two roads diverged in a wood, and I— I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference."
“The thought of suicide is a great consolation: by means of it one gets through many a dark night"
"Do not stand at my grave and weep, I am not there; I do not sleep."
"The most consistent part of all my failures is me"
"Don't waste your time or time will waste you."
"Why am I dying

Offline ligglo

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: August 08, 2012, 09:22:48 PM »
RP_EvoCity_V33X.
I hope...

Offline alaskan thunderfuck

• Owner
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: August 09, 2012, 12:04:52 AM »
Keep in mind the gamemode will support 50 players.
Please don't PM me regarding bans or anything having to do with in-game situations. Only PM me if you've been told I am the only one who can solve your issue.

« Reply #29 on: August 09, 2012, 12:19:13 AM »
Keep in mind the gamemode will support 50 players.
This was the only reasonable argument to not go to V33X

Option three it is, Abbott already explained why, why build a V2D playerbase?

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal