Author Topic: I have to say this.  (Read 7184 times)

Re: I have to say this.
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2013, 10:37:50 AM »
My problem with city and my argument that's CCA>citizens is that.. Its what most people think and act, 90% of the time when I was on the city(Before and after outlands came up) was that one step out of line and BAM 3226 request for a CP to arrest you so someone could get loyalist points.

We often trade canon for whats fun and realistic, the CCA isn't all that realistic to start with. But its fun.
In outlands/on the resistance side we can't do whats fun because it isn't realistic(OTA/CPs on rebel fights) now I'm not saying that it should be easy, but we should at least be allowed to do it with out the classic "Lol massive combine army that would be impossible to mobilize" excuse.

On city it gets harder for people to start out on rebel RP if they're new to it because they tend to do things that may or may not fall under fail RP and such and they basically lose their character for a single mistake because they're new.

Another thing is most of the activity/shit to do on the city normally involve getting loyalist points other then that, you have to create you own RP(And this falls back to the whole 3226 request thing) which is where the whole "Lack of freedom" comes in.

People complaining that there's nothing to do often can't come up with a solution because its hard to figure out/when they suggest something they get shot down by people so quickly and basically flamed and their opinions belittled.

The CCA/CCA players tend to belittle people started out with resistance RP and do things that often can be seen as dickish(Lulwebels).
And often enough CCA tends to become the focus of shit in the admins eyes/the mappers(No offence) and a lot of the events involve them.

The whole outlands has more freedom thing really stems from an over bearing/assholic(Sorry had to be said) CCA.
1:23 PM - Pvt. Emory[113thCav]: I think 604 is a cat :3

2:07 PM - Juggernaut: Monkey with a gun
2:07 PM - Juggernaut: + Chunkeymonkey79
2:07 PM - Juggernaut: =
2:07 PM - Juggernaut: CHUNKYMONKEY WITH A GUN69
2:07 PM - chunkeymonkey79: YOU SIR ARE GOD

9:52 PM - Rory Phelps: gosh god damnit fuck my ass

Offline Sexy Frog

• "Fire alone can save our clan..."
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2013, 10:57:46 AM »
My problem with city and my argument that's CCA>citizens is that.. Its what most people think and act, 90% of the time when I was on the city(Before and after outlands came up) was that one step out of line and BAM 3226 request for a CP to arrest you so someone could get loyalist points.

We often trade canon for whats fun and realistic, the CCA isn't all that realistic to start with. But its fun.
In outlands/on the resistance side we can't do whats fun because it isn't realistic(OTA/CPs on rebel fights) now I'm not saying that it should be easy, but we should at least be allowed to do it with out the classic "Lol massive combine army that would be impossible to mobilize" excuse.

On city it gets harder for people to start out on rebel RP if they're new to it because they tend to do things that may or may not fall under fail RP and such and they basically lose their character for a single mistake because they're new.

Another thing is most of the activity/shit to do on the city normally involve getting loyalist points other then that, you have to create you own RP(And this falls back to the whole 3226 request thing) which is where the whole "Lack of freedom" comes in.

People complaining that there's nothing to do often can't come up with a solution because its hard to figure out/when they suggest something they get shot down by people so quickly and basically flamed and their opinions belittled.

The CCA/CCA players tend to belittle people started out with resistance RP and do things that often can be seen as dickish(Lulwebels).
And often enough CCA tends to become the focus of shit in the admins eyes/the mappers(No offence) and a lot of the events involve them.

The whole outlands has more freedom thing really stems from an over bearing/assholic(Sorry had to be said) CCA.

Which is why raged, airborne and I are trying out best to come up with ideas to change the focus from being on the CCA 24/7. Just yesterday, with the introduction of Union Watch I am trying to create more RP for citizens.

While yes, it is mostly loyalist RP, it will not consist of backstabbing citizens and hunting them down for the small crimes they commit all the time. Instead, while that may happen from time to time, it will be more focused around spreading propaganda, speeches, helping CAB and CWU and setting up citizen based events like rallies and loyalist meet and greets.

In some ways, this can even be something to begin anti-citizen RP. With the rise of the first all Loyalist Group on city, anti-citizens all have another common enemy that -- in all honesty is a much easier target to try and pick off than the CCA or CAB.

Airborne specifically has been trying to do events as of late that revolve around citizens like last night and the other event in the Ministry (o7 350). We can try out best to focus on citizens more but there are only so many event ideas that come to mind without CCA trying to swing their peepee's into.

What I mostly don't understand it that how we have had almost the same, if not similar settings for City for almost 3 years now if I'm not mistaken and now is when it starts to crumble. Citizen RP had a lot of the time been relatively low and if it was up there, it was rather tasteless yet the server was always full. And not just with CCA, so nobody can pull that one. I understand that everything has it's time but I don't get why City is now 'so terrible and bland' when it's been full 50/50 on various account before it went down for Gmod13. The only thing that comes to mind is the CCA restructure as a lot of people were butt hurt about it because everyone lost their ranks and didn't want to take the time to RP again.

>No matter what happens, no matter how old I get.
>I'll never forget...
>Fats Mcgee. And his Retard Three.

Offline Dallas

• Bowties Are Cool
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2013, 11:11:28 AM »
Just putting this out there. Anti-citizen groups in city are actually pretty easy to run, you just gotta' be smart and always careful. Think about things, study your enemy, know your environment and its variables and you'll be able to run rings around the Union.

**Insert poorly made signature with fire, lens flares and obnoxious text**

« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2013, 11:30:00 AM »
(dunno what the hell happened a post went away)
the new loyalist system is kinda icing on the cake to prove my point, its really, really, extensive.
There's a lot of issues that can be blamed on the loyalist/their system, 90% of the visible role playing is there and in the end anyone whose doing anything remotely anti-citizen like can kiss their ass goodbye because of the 3226 request that come from loyalist looking for any roleplay/pat on the back.

Outlands is normally seen as more free because of the lack of loyalist/CCA sticking their epees where it doesn't belong and kills roleplay.
Basically the system we have now only the veterans can start resistance groups while people just starting can't even really become anti-citizens before getting killed due to some loyalist looking for his next point or some CCA looking for a promotion.
1:23 PM - Pvt. Emory[113thCav]: I think 604 is a cat :3

2:07 PM - Juggernaut: Monkey with a gun
2:07 PM - Juggernaut: + Chunkeymonkey79
2:07 PM - Juggernaut: =
2:07 PM - Juggernaut: CHUNKYMONKEY WITH A GUN69
2:07 PM - chunkeymonkey79: YOU SIR ARE GOD

9:52 PM - Rory Phelps: gosh god damnit fuck my ass

Offline Airborne1st

• I'm White
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2013, 11:54:39 AM »
(dunno what the hell happened a post went away)
the new loyalist system is kinda icing on the cake to prove my point, its really, really, extensive.
There's a lot of issues that can be blamed on the loyalist/their system, 90% of the visible role playing is there and in the end anyone whose doing anything remotely anti-citizen like can kiss their ass goodbye because of the 3226 request that come from loyalist looking for any roleplay/pat on the back.

Outlands is normally seen as more free because of the lack of loyalist/CCA sticking their epees where it doesn't belong and kills roleplay.
Basically the system we have now only the veterans can start resistance groups while people just starting can't even really become anti-citizens before getting killed due to some loyalist looking for his next point or some CCA looking for a promotion.

Sorry to say, but the CCA and loyalist like to RP too. HL2RP=/=Rebel RP. HL2RP is about loyalist, resistance, Combine, Vortigaunt, and just about any other HL2 faction, RP. If you're RPing a rebel character and you're getting reported by loyalist 24/7, you're doing something wrong. You have a point about veterans being more able to start resistance groups than others, but there's a reason for that. Its because  they know how to start a resistance group. They learned just like everyone else has; by screwing up a few times and getting caught until you learn how things work.

With your logic, everything should be changed so either a) everyone is equal and RP's the exact same way in the exact same scenario, or b) rebel RP is supreme and should be glorified and made easier so new players can do rebel RP and not get their feelings hurt because CCA and loyalist characters are doing their job and RPing how they're meant to and enjoy doing. Just like its a rebel characters typical RP to go against the CCA to survive.

Also, having a unit for over a year here (inb4 some "oldfag" rants about me being too new for only having a unit for a little over a year) I can say that most of the requests we get are shit requests like "/request rebel propaganda in my bum, cum get it." We only respond to probably 2/5 requests, as only about 2/5 requests are worth responding to. I can assure you that there aren't as many units in the CCA as you may think that want to completely destroy all rebel RP. If anything the CCA should be viewed as what makes rebel RP fun to begin with. Its something to hide from and its a real danger for you. What fun is a game if there's threat to you that you have to work against to survive?

Offline YankeeSamurai

• /me spit on cp mask
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2013, 08:46:21 PM »
What I mostly don't understand it that how we have had almost the same, if not similar settings for City for almost 3 years now if I'm not mistaken and now is when it starts to crumble. Citizen RP had a lot of the time been relatively low and if it was up there, it was rather tasteless yet the server was always full. And not just with CCA, so nobody can pull that one. I understand that everything has it's time but I don't get why City is now 'so terrible and bland' when it's been full 50/50 on various account before it went down for Gmod13.

I was very active during the period that you're referring to, and I can say with certainty that most citizen players were either so new they didn't really know what was going on, or they were decent roleplayers who were trying to get into the CCA as quickly as possible. Population says fuckall about the actual quality of the gameplay.
o7

Offline Sexy Frog

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: February 05, 2013, 09:46:58 PM »
What I mostly don't understand it that how we have had almost the same, if not similar settings for City for almost 3 years now if I'm not mistaken and now is when it starts to crumble. Citizen RP had a lot of the time been relatively low and if it was up there, it was rather tasteless yet the server was always full. And not just with CCA, so nobody can pull that one. I understand that everything has it's time but I don't get why City is now 'so terrible and bland' when it's been full 50/50 on various account before it went down for Gmod13.

I was very active during the period that you're referring to, and I can say with certainty that most citizen players were either so new they didn't really know what was going on, or they were decent roleplayers who were trying to get into the CCA as quickly as possible. Population says fuckall about the actual quality of the gameplay.

True, but if there's no population there's no RP to quality manage. So it's a start.

>I'll never forget...

Offline Mr. Pettit

« Reply #22 on: February 06, 2013, 12:03:08 AM »
Lately I think the overall quality of rp, playerbase, and effort has picked up dramatically. The events are interesting and involve everyone, various groups like the Union Watch are doing very well and everyone has something to do. The city is getting much better now I have to say. A new map and sticking to things that everyone can do such as events and groups should keep this going for a start.

Offline Sexy Frog

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: February 06, 2013, 07:58:40 AM »
Lately I think the overall quality of rp, playerbase, and effort has picked up dramatically. The events are interesting and involve everyone, various groups like the Union Watch are doing very well and everyone has something to do. The city is getting much better now I have to say. A new map and sticking to things that everyone can do such as events and groups should keep this going for a start.

Yes, yes. After speaking with Airborne, we threw out a couple ideas we're trying to cultivate and I have a hate week planned for Union Watch that House approved so that will be happening soon. It'll be a perfect thing as House will be trying to make a public appearance, rations after and it's perfect for would be revels to try and crash.

>I'll never forget...

Offline Yak

• tupac is my life
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: February 08, 2013, 09:40:48 AM »
If rp iis boring stop doing /me walks off when someone approaches you or be difficult to communicate with e.g 'yes' 'no' 'im fine' 'yeah, thats cool'

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal