Author Topic: Hailey McLinn's Authorization Application  (Read 2515 times)

Offline Lone Wanderer <??"?

• The one and only.
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Hailey McLinn's Authorization Application
« on: April 09, 2012, 11:39:58 PM »
Player Section

Steam Name: Sheriff Sandy Cheeks
How long have you been Roleplaying? (can be any game): A little over four years.
How long have you been playing Serious GMod RP?: About 2 years.

Character Section

Authorization(s):
I'm applying for an authorization for memory relapses after a memory wipe. Due to the nature of my character's brain and the psycological damage done, certain memories were repressed into deep locations of the various locations in the brain. When the memory wipe was preformed, parts of these memories were able to remain intact, but not fully. The memories still lie repressed in her mind, and she is unaware of them. She would be haunted by these memories with short flashbacks triggered by events, strange dreams, etc.

Name: Hailey McLinn
Affiliation: None

Write a detailed in-canon back-story how your character obtained these authorizations.
Hailey McLiinn currently stands as a normal citizen, admirring, even idolizing, the Union and the CCA. She's a fine example of how a loyal citizen should act; upholding the law, acknowledging officers' orders, cleaning the streets and helping keep order whenever she's called. But Hailey was not always this way, not before the memory wipe, anyways.

Prior to the memory wipe, Hailey McLinn was proud to consider herself a part of the Resistance. Hailey didn't believe in violently resisting the Union, no. She believed that by helping the citizens out with food, medicine, and access to basic things humans had before the Seven Hour War was what would really help out in the effort of humanity's survival process. She joined up with a group of fellow citizens and vowed to bring hope to the civilians of City 45. But again, Hailey did not always share this point of view.

Going even farther back into Hailey's life, there is a fight occuring. A large scale rebellion, that is, occuring out of City 22. Hailey was a field medic for the Resistance, and the rebels were attempting to fight their way out of the city. Hailey's husband, Mark McLinn, was one of the leaders of this Resistance group. Hailey had already seen a fair amount of horryfying events. If watching hundreds around her die during the Seven Hour War wasn't enough, she had witnessed both her parents die after they attempted to save the lives of wounded during the Portal Storms when the building collapsed. Up until this point, her brother and two friends had been all publicly amputated by the CCA, all for their own respective crimes. When she saw Mark take a sniper bullet to the head, she fell apart. The CCA determined her insane, and with solitary confinment for awhile, that she could be cured and set free into society. After a total of 274 days, she was released from confinment and moved to City 18. From there, she continued to City 11, and eventually made it to City 45, much later than many of the other arrivals.

Without any professional treatment and only the beating of a stunstick to quiet the wailing, Hailey simply drove the haunted memories into the very depths of her sub-concsious. They would appear every now and then, but she simply refused to acknowledge them any longer.

Now that her memory has been wiped, she feels like a completely new human being. Forgeting her hatred for the Union, she continued on with her life, not knowing what lied in her past. Every now and then, she has flashbacks and dreams of the events pop up from into her head, but she is unable to make sense of them, blaming it on various things from the water to the heat. But the memories of her true self lie within, and if she was able to harness them, be able to unlock that true self, not reversing the effects of the memory wipe, but at least freeing her from the blind love of the Union.

What will these authorizations give your character in regards to perks or defects?
Perks
This authorization would allow my character to potentially grasp old, traumatic memories that could help set her free from the blind love and admiration she holds for the Union and the entirety of the Combine. She wouldn't be able to remember any of her life in City 45, but her old companions could manage to show her that they are correct in saying that the Union is the enemy, not them.

Defects
The flashbacks and memories would be worse than ever before, popping up unannounced at any given time. This can lead to massive headaches, to insane moments of her yelling at herself. The effects that these horrific memories can have set no limitations to the potential damage they can do to Hailey.

What do you plan to do with these perks/defects?
By having this authorization, I plan to be able to set a way for me to be able to work my way back into my old life, but still leaving that strange gap between me and my old Resistance group members about me knowing nothing about what we accomplished together or the conversations we had about the Union.

With the defects, I'd feel that they'd give me a way to make my character more of an individual. With random panic attacks from terrifying memories occuring at any moment, I'd feel that I can start any RP scenario easily at anytime, even making scenes that would appear as simple as a "Hello" and a nod to a scenario that potentially requires the CCA to intervine.

Will anyone else need these auths? (If so, list OOC and IC name(s))
No.

Which server does this apply for?
City

Extra Notes (optional):
-NA-

Current Characters:
Abdul Sadek - Unregistered citizen, currently near City 18.
Monica Halleway - A seemingly crazy woman roaming the plaza.

Former HL2RP-Characters:
Jennifer Hanson - Former trader now involved with the Lambda Movement in City 17.
'091' - A former rogue medical unit now on the Combine Homeworld. Or is she?
Michael 'Y' Eloriga - A wanted criminal located in City 17, frequently spotted on rooftops.

Offline Globey

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Hailey McLinn's Authorization Application
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2012, 01:10:38 AM »
A great RPer. From what I've seen, the auths would be applied well, and this could open up some good RP.

+support
C45.CCA.GRID-DvL.604 - Healthy - Executing citizens. Tally: 4
John Gatsby - Healthy - Celebrating, having detonated an explosive melon in front of two CA's

--------------------------
Cutlass, Sail and Cannon:
Ernest Cumberbatch, Port Royal, Governor. Governing.
John Gatsby, of the brigantine Brimstone. Amputating Limbs

Offline raged

• hi im raged
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2012, 06:15:28 AM »
I don't think you should really need to apply for these things. As long as it's not something that would give your character an advantage over others then you should be fine.

edit; Oh, if it was a CCA memory wipe then I support.

Offline General Bourneco Moskvin ??­

• Unit 736
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2012, 08:32:48 AM »
+Support, never seen this RP, but it looks like a good app.
Jessica Arbit | Trying to recover from past incidents | STATUS:ALIVE \r\nLinda Arbit | STATUS: DECEASED \r\nUnit 736 | Dead. | BIOSIGNAL:  OFFLINE

Offline The Joke

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2012, 08:34:27 AM »
Guys just saying, its not really for you to +support, its the admins decision, not yours...Although I am sure they appreciate your contribution.
C45.CCA.JURY-05.755
Activity: Following orders

Zak Grant
Activity: Trying to adjust to the Outlands again

Mike Harolds
Activity:Trying to stay alive in the Outlands

Zak Renolds
Activity: Trying to stay alive in the city

Offline garry :D

• ~I LOVE a boat~
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2012, 12:35:37 AM »
Being unique in nature and well-written, I believe I can easily justify my support for this.

Offline billybob579

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2012, 07:37:11 PM »
I was involved in the group mentioned above and we had some great RP while it lasted.  To clarify, its not "The Resistance" (the one running around with SMG's and stuff), just a small group of citizens trying to help one another and others.

Needless to say, I support.

Offline Nicknero

• Hatsune Miku
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [GMR2 Award] 100 MPH
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2012, 11:00:24 AM »
I will have to agree with Jackal on this one. Nice backstory and idea to bring in good RP.

I will go with a +support as well.
Check out my Youtube channel with all kinds of cool videos including LP's which I'm currently working at. Don't forget to give feedback as well. ;)

Offline Kit Kat

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2012, 02:55:46 AM »
Her role plays make me feel warm inside, and i would like her app to be accepted

Offline garry :D

• ~I LOVE a boat~
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2012, 04:32:23 AM »
Her role plays make me feel warm inside, and i would like her app to be accepted

And accepted it was.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2012, 01:37:17 AM by Kom??Як »

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal