Author Topic: Half Life 2 Roleplay - PreRelease Information  (Read 44352 times)

Offline garry :D

• ~I LOVE a boat~
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Half Life 2 Roleplay - PreRelease Information
« Reply #90 on: November 11, 2012, 10:43:57 PM »
PAC won't get added because character descriptions can be used to take the place of 30 body armour entities.

Offline Nicknero

• Hatsune Miku
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [GMR2 Award] 100 MPH
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #91 on: November 12, 2012, 01:34:04 AM »
PAC is already discussed a long time ago. The discussion has ended and it will not be added. Period.
So please, stop making a new 5 page long discussion about it.

<::[[ Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 using Tapatalk 2 ]]::>
Check out my Youtube channel with all kinds of cool videos including LP's which I'm currently working at. Don't forget to give feedback as well. ;)

Offline BltElite

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #92 on: November 12, 2012, 11:25:58 AM »
PAC is already discussed a long time ago. The discussion has ended and it will not be added. Period.

The problem is that when it was discussed long ago, it was said to be accepted with limits, being that of around 3 or 4 props on a person, and only a small amount of props able to be used...
what

Offline Klashy

• ( . Y . )
  • VIP
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #93 on: November 12, 2012, 06:54:41 PM »

What are ya gonna do? Warn me?

<::[[ Sent from my Samshit Galaxy S2 using Tapaho 2 ]]::>

Offline Caramel Raccoon

• Awards [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #94 on: November 12, 2012, 07:29:57 PM »
I personally feel that we should move back onto the topic of how we can make Citizen roleplay, or even roleplay as a whole, better on the server rather than having a huge discussion about ways to make everyone look different and unique. If everyone really cares so much about how they look then shouldn't it be made as a new suggestion thread to have it further discussed there so we can move onto more important things on this one?

Offline The Soul Blades ?TSB?

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #95 on: November 12, 2012, 07:39:16 PM »
I have to agree with Racoon, this thread needs to refocus on civi RP and improving it, now shitty models and stuff. I'll get the ball rolling here. One idea I had focuses on the loyalist side of things and its citizens organizing community events in the city, like a community clean up or something.
Keriah Eckley | Healthy | Cleaning up the city.\\r\\nLucius Orion | Healthy | Hording supplies.

Offline garry :D

• ~I LOVE a boat~
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #96 on: November 12, 2012, 08:40:34 PM »
Once again, there are plenty of features in the new map which will cater for citizens.

Offline Reaver

• THE CRAB MOTHER
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #97 on: November 12, 2012, 09:18:38 PM »
I have to agree with Racoon, this thread needs to refocus on civi RP and improving it, now shitty models and stuff. I'll get the ball rolling here. One idea I had focuses on the loyalist side of things and its citizens organizing community events in the city, like a community clean up or something.

I'm currently working on changing Citizen RP on two of my characters, however I do hold cleaning events in the morning on my unit, as does Orange.
A Freudian dick is when you say what's really on your mind instead of what you intended to say

Offline swag master spiderman

• Grand Wizard of the KKK
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #98 on: November 13, 2012, 03:03:53 AM »
When are people going to figure out cleaning up shit isn't fun?

What I mean by this either the events I see, people either start minging about, don't turn up or only do it because they want tokens.

Offline kmp

• 4chan is my friend
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #99 on: November 13, 2012, 03:40:19 AM »
it is near impossible to improve Citizen RP when it relies mostly on the players themselves. Create your own RP, thats what the Citizen faction is for, the buffer between strict rules of the UU RP and the more event-based resistance RP.
C18.MPF.RAZOR-OfC.448

Offline YankeeSamurai

• /me spit on cp mask
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #100 on: November 13, 2012, 03:46:10 AM »
it is near impossible to improve Citizen RP when it relies mostly on the players themselves. Create your own RP, thats what the Citizen faction is for, the buffer between strict rules of the UU RP and the more event-based resistance RP.

It's not "near impossible," it's just that existing factions such as the CCA and CWU have to step it up and make a persistent, committed effort to think of fun, new ways to interact with citizens.

And what do you mean by "the more event-based resistance RP," if you think it's more event-based than any other faction you need to think harder
« Last Edit: November 13, 2012, 03:48:42 AM by YankeeSamurai »
o7

Offline kmp

• 4chan is my friend
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #101 on: November 13, 2012, 04:19:07 AM »

It's not "near impossible," it's just that existing factions such as the CCA and CWU have to step it up and make a persistent, committed effort to think of fun, new ways to interact with citizens.

That's not improving their roleplay, that's just making them interract with the CCA and CWU more. The interraction that Citizens have with the CCA has reached it's peak, and anything added that isn't just an edit of a current system will tip the balance. I have no opinion on the CWU.

And what do you mean by "the more event-based resistance RP," if you think it's more event-based than any other faction you need to think harder

If you look on Outlands, nothing really happens unless it's an event. The CCA can continue with their patrolling/training and the CWU have the ability to make stalls and shit for their RP.
C18.MPF.RAZOR-OfC.448

Offline YankeeSamurai

• /me spit on cp mask
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #102 on: November 13, 2012, 05:14:52 AM »
1. Actually, interacting with the CCA and CWU more is improving citizen roleplay. Interaction with other factions helps guides RP and give it direction when nobody else is stepping up, it staves off boredom, it helps retain player interest, it can cultivate some interesting inter-faction relationships, and on and on and on.

What makes you think the definition of citizenRP is limited to interaction with citizens, and citizens only? By citizen roleplay, I mean the overall, total experience, not some technical omg citizenRP = citizen characters RP'ing only with other citizen characters shit.

2. When things aren't happening on Outlands, you should examine all possibilities as to why that is, instead of simply writing it off as "Oh, must just be cuz it's resistance players"

I wasn't active the last few months of Outlands, but from my experiences on the server when I was active and from what active players tell me, there are a lot of side issues that could be contributing to the lack of "shit happening," such as not enough persistent faction presence, not enough inter-faction interaction/conflict, poor/inconsistent faction leadership, not enough dedicated/active players... those are just off the top of my head. Don't dismiss resistance roleplay on the Outlands server as being bad simply on the basis of it being resistance.

Point is - I think it's pretty dumb for an admin to perpetuate resistanceRP stereotypes based on the going-ons of the Outlands server, which is intermittently populated at best and flat-out neglected at worst.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2012, 05:26:48 AM by YankeeSamurai »
o7

Offline Reaver

• THE CRAB MOTHER
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #103 on: November 13, 2012, 06:29:18 AM »
The addition of the two new Citizen Factions will increase citizen RP. I'm also working on giving the City Administrators more interaction with citizens without breaking our role, as long as it doesn't push passed a limit that would male us public.
A Freudian dick is when you say what's really on your mind instead of what you intended to say

Offline Teitoku Ippan

• weeaboo faggot
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Owner Party
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #104 on: November 13, 2012, 07:53:16 AM »
Can we actually get off Shitty 45 and go onto a decent map like City 18 or even City 11 V1 since we used C11 V2 before which was the really small map, and V1 is 3-4x larger. C45 is a horrible map no matter what you fucking do to it. Heck we could even go to another City map we haven't tried yet like City 23.

http://www.garrysmod.org/downloads/?a=view&id=125585 - City 23
http://www.garrysmod.org/downloads/?a=view&id=82873 - City 11 V1B (The bigger C11 map we couldn't use before due to RSO)

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal