Author Topic: New Server?  (Read 2467 times)

Offline Drexlord ????????³ ????Ó??·??

• Your Gay Test Came Back...You Scored A Rainbow
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
New Server?
« on: November 06, 2012, 10:58:30 PM »
So I don't know where to put this exactly, so I was thinking maybe try a new game mode for a garry's mod server. I know it can be quite difficult to make or find a game mode that will last on a server but maybe this will do better than the old CSS server that wasn't up for long. It's called GMod Tower maybe you have heard or seen it. Well I haven't tried it yet as now it is really late or early in the morning. It can be found at: http://www.gmtower.org/index.php?p=news(You can also find some other game odes on there that are really well done). I have seen a video of it previously and it looks like something that could work, it also looks like something that could have donator ranks. With the possibility of donator ranks and a new player base could generate some of that money, I mean who doesn't like money? Anyway check it out. Thanks for reading this.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2012, 11:00:08 PM by ????????³ ????Ó??·?? »

Offline Drexlord ????????³ ????Ó??·??

• Your Gay Test Came Back...You Scored A Rainbow
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: New Server?
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2012, 11:59:15 PM »
I never said anything about stealing it, I said it would be a good game mode to have if they made another server which could be very unlikely. But it does look like something that could work nicely, about it being public I am unsure of that I havent checked the site much.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2012, 12:02:56 AM by ????????³ ????Ó??·?? »

Offline Lone Wanderer <??"?

• The one and only.
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2012, 11:27:38 PM »
What Red said. GMOD Tower was coded for their servers only, and has stayed that way. It isn't a public gamemode, at least to my knowledge, and seemingly some other people as well. Using that, I doubt CG would implement it as a gamemode type on a new server, seeing as it's openly stealing someone else's work. Not to mention all the haterade, DDoSing, spam, etc that start to be thrown back and forth should something like that happen.

Current Characters:
Abdul Sadek - Unregistered citizen, currently near City 18.
Monica Halleway - A seemingly crazy woman roaming the plaza.

Former HL2RP-Characters:
Jennifer Hanson - Former trader now involved with the Lambda Movement in City 17.
'091' - A former rogue medical unit now on the Combine Homeworld. Or is she?
Michael 'Y' Eloriga - A wanted criminal located in City 17, frequently spotted on rooftops.

Offline Crap-Head

• #OCRP2
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2012, 08:05:40 AM »
We will never be able to run GMT. Its a private gamemode.

Locked.
Please do not add me on Steam because you have in-game problems. Make a thread in the correct board on the forum and i will respond to that whenever i have time.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal