Author Topic: The Castle  (Read 12318 times)

Offline Greg

• View Profile
    • Awards
Re: The Castle
« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2012, 06:21:12 PM »
Well I believe The Castle will be leaving CG after todays events. I don't think this community really wants citizen roleplay so I'm not going to waste the time and effort of myself and all those who've put hard work into The Castle by trying to create something thats only going to be restricted and destroyed at every possible oppurtunity.

I can deal with IC actions and consequences, I can deal with Civil Protection raids and sweeps, I can deal with loyalists trying to break us down from the inside. I can even deal with losing my character, he means nothing to me. Hell I even had a conversation last night with someone where I asked, "When Greg dies I wonder what will happen to The Castle." I expected to be killed sooner or later, and honestly I expected it to be sooner.

What I can't deal with is powergaming, I can't do anything when the largest and most powerful faction on the server powergames. I try to PK someone and I get a zombie spawned behind me by an admin after I asked for PK auths. And then my crew and I get blasted by a squad of Civil Protection officers who found us in the sewers using "Thermal vision."

Cool. I'll probably leave CG to find another HL2RP server, and I probably won't find one. I'm dissapointed that I had to waste an extreme amount of effort only to be stopped at every turn by admins.

This was a lot longer and more thought out but it got deleted due to computer problems and Im to frustrated to type it all out again.

Offline Orange - Cisco Certified

• aSK mE aBOUT mY pENIS
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2012, 06:32:46 PM »
Hold on. What.

Who conducted this? Did you see his digits? I'm actually pretty upset about what I've just read.

Offline Greg

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2012, 06:34:23 PM »
There were 18 Civil Protection units on and 12 citizens on. Smt was the highest ranking officer but I don't think he had anything to do with the "Thermal Vision." Needless to say two of my employees probably shouldn't be PK'd right now, and one of your loyalists should.

Edit: 047 was involved I'm fairly certain. Not sure who else, but it was a fair number of Civil Protection units involved in the raid.

• aSK mE aBOUT mY pENIS
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2012, 06:37:17 PM »
Smt wasn't involved, I expect the Units involved to post, and I'll be speaking to kronic about this.

Offline Scratchie

• test
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: July 16, 2012, 06:39:40 PM »
047 icly created the thermal vision. It was made for EU+ according to what he told me in game.

Btw was not involved.

Sent from my HTC Mecha using Tapatalk 2

Offline Greg

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: July 16, 2012, 06:41:21 PM »
047 has had a problem with me, I've been searched by him as soon as I join the servers, hes been nothing but rude to me and those involved in The Castle. I honestly don't know why he has a problem with me or anyone else.

But I don't want to get anyone in trouble, I want to get this all resolved so I dont have to leave CG.

• aSK mE aBOUT mY pENIS
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: July 16, 2012, 06:42:43 PM »
I hope there's some solid authorizations behinds those thermal goggles, and even then- I'm almost certain they don't see around corners or through walls.

047 should consider posting.

Offline smt

• lemon flavor lubricant
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: July 16, 2012, 07:56:58 PM »
Everything that happened was voided, anyone who was PK'd should PM me or an admin in game (or use /a) to get their characters un-PK'd. While I have no involvement with the "event" and killings that happened I do apologize on behalf of everyone who was involved.

Offline Greg

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: July 16, 2012, 08:16:54 PM »
Thank you Smt, hopefully we can just move on and continue with some good roleplay. After being asked to stay by a few of those involved with The Castle I decided that I won't be leaving. Sorry for the drama that may have been involved, Im not really a big fan of it.

Offline rBST Cow

• Tinniest title on CG
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: July 16, 2012, 09:58:43 PM »
Units seriously need to stop attacking any source of citizen rp. I'm glad that it was voided with all those PKs, seeing how much good passiveRP the castle was making. Units, rp doesn't revolve around you, let citizens also have fun.
abbot common stop bad for you if u watch anime all day nigga u fuckn weaboo

Offline TheKrusader

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: July 17, 2012, 12:37:41 AM »
Units seriously need to stop attacking any source of citizen rp. I'm glad that it was voided with all those PKs, seeing how much good passiveRP the castle was making. Units, rp doesn't revolve around you, let citizens also have fun.

Agreed. Back on topic: I was on my citizen character the other day and The Castle is amazing. It brings what CG was in dire need of: Citizen RP. There's all the things one can ask for; itemRP, socialRP, intoxicationRP, flirtRP, fightRP (Maybe, it is a bar after all), etc. Thank you Greg for not leaving, the civilians really do enjoy your 'Castle', mind the pun. Keep up the good work. :)

• aSK mE aBOUT mY pENIS
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: July 17, 2012, 12:38:25 AM »
Cow, this wasn't an intentional attack on the Castle. It was a mistake made by the Unit involved. I suggest you don't make an assumption about a situation that you know nothing about.

Offline Greg

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: July 17, 2012, 02:14:40 AM »
Alright no more posts about the incident earlier today. I'll just cut it off before it goes anywhere further.

Anyways, we had some pretty intense roleplay tonight. I Hope everyone enjoyed it.

Offline xH2OxLowbridge

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: July 18, 2012, 11:19:09 AM »
Thank god! As I said, And I stand by what I said "You used the thermal vision (Quotation) Simply because you saw our chat coming from the sewers while we were underground", And then coincodently when someone switched to a zombie and decided to disrupt our rp

Offline Atticat

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: July 18, 2012, 12:08:51 PM »
I'm extremely happy to hear that this was resolved. I've been trying to say for a long time that citizen RP is horribly neglected by the server. Lately a slew of applicants have been accepted into the CCA and it's not uncommon at all to see more CCA online than citizens. It's depressing. I actually think some new restrictions need to be put in the game on the CCA, they are extremely overpowered and there needs to be some sort of foil to their strengths but we all know that there won't be.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal