Author Topic: Rant against all things in HL2RP  (Read 23252 times)

Offline Monkey with a gun

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Rant against all things in HL2RP
« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2011, 11:15:45 AM »
So your saying a recruit should be able to whack around the organizer of the largest loyalist group there is? If he just feels like it.

Offline smt

• lemon flavor lubricant
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2011, 11:17:43 AM »
yes...

Offline Adam S

• I FUCK HORSES AND I HAVE AUTISM
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2011, 11:18:38 AM »
yes...

Just get the fuck out the past few days all you done is raise stupid arguments.  Like this.

Offline smt

• lemon flavor lubricant
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: July 07, 2011, 11:20:12 AM »
im not arguing, cwu is still a bunch of humans, cps shouldn't have to respect them, they are basicly like slaves to the cps

Offline Adam S

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: July 07, 2011, 11:25:32 AM »
Even tho most recruits are dumb and dont know their mouth from their ass.

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: July 07, 2011, 11:27:51 AM »
Smt is completely correct.  If the organiser was in the wrong then a recruit would have the authority to issue a level three verdict.
Nobody ever said the recruit should not.But just to check with what we all think now should happen is :

You can join the CWU whenever you want.
You get no benefits from joining the CWU.
You get beaten twice as harsh as a regular citizen.

We might aswell disband the CWU and save character lives.

Offline smt

• lemon flavor lubricant
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: July 07, 2011, 11:28:48 AM »
you make it sound like you joined CWU oocly for a scapegoat to do whatever the hell you want in regards to cp interaction

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: July 07, 2011, 11:33:05 AM »
No i oocly joined for the new experiance.
But what IC benefits are there if you cant do anything a regular citizen cant ( As in be trusted to do something ) but you still get beaten twice as harsh?
New CWU logo : Join the CWU today, we have...double beatings if you misbehave and...more tr-..no wait...we also have...
Please explain to me what IC reason you would have to join the CWU.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2011, 11:34:54 AM by Monkey with a gun »

Offline smt

• lemon flavor lubricant
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: July 07, 2011, 11:34:39 AM »
double rations, sell supplys to people, earn a bit of tokens, be a trusted citizen?? maybe you shouldnt misbehave as a cwu if you dont like the beatings...

Offline Adam S

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: July 07, 2011, 11:37:39 AM »
double rations, sell supplys to people, earn a bit of tokens, be a trusted citizen?? maybe you shouldnt misbehave as a cwu if you dont like the beatings...

I do enforce harsher beatings but apparently the UCA didnt get the picture and doubleblackmarked the unit who actually beat a worker since-less.

Only person to misbehave was james smith. Hes gone now.

Offline Ice

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: July 07, 2011, 12:27:48 PM »
I'm goin' to hop on the bandwagon too now, I suppose.

CWU

Most of the people I've seen playing as CWU have

1) Little to no roleplay at all.

2) Incredibly bad grammar to the point where I get butthurt and start complaining.

3) Think they can sell CONTRABAND items as if it were completely legal. (EG: "UU branded" Milk carton)

This needs to change.

Onto...

The Civil Protection!

Seriously, you guys. Come on. From a citizen's standpoint, the Civil Protection units are supposed to be brutal, mean, and scary. I've seen none of this in game.

I've seen:

1) Little to no roleplay in some units. (Except some of the higher up ones.)

2) Incredibly bad grammar

3) Highly untrained recruits who are sent to clamp the D2 HAP.

4) A disturbing lack of units out and about in the plaza. (What are you doing? Sitting with your thumbs up your arses all day in the Nexus and playin' with each other's willies?)

5) I've seen maybe one DvL. Ever.

6) When you're told to flag up....YOU BETTER DAMN WELL DO IT!

The citizens themselves are a shambles. Half of them are minges, and the other half don't know how to Fear RP. The admins are nowhere to be found unless somebody bugs the fuck out of them to ban the minges. Even then, they only temporarily ban them.

Not okay.
goodmorrow

Offline Nuke

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: July 07, 2011, 12:35:46 PM »
I agree with pretty much all of this.  Especially the points about the combine, administration and CWU.

Agree

But now its time for Nukes rant.

Well statua its seem you have your ideas on how HL2rp should be ran. But you forgot one thing. Its rofl hl2rp not yours and he can run it how he wanted to run it. If you don't like it there are other servers go there.

Now I going to suggest some things and you can use the ideas  or not.

District 2: It should be open to the citizen. Back when I was RP for Hl2land D2 was a open area that was patrol and well control. ( With the subway being the only place because of the deaths of 2 elements of OTA at the hands of antlions and zombie ). D2 offers a lot of rp from shops to apartments. Now D2 would stay a light permkill zone. ( Our term for rp deaths not random shooting or shootings without rp reason. )  You would be suprise of the rp that can take place in there.

Harshness of the CP :  I agree they are to soft but making them to much of a bastard will kill the server so fast its not funny so this is what I would offer. Taking a page from the old cp rule book here are the things I would change.

1. Rations : They would be held in the nexus lobby instead of where the being held right now. The rules I would have in place was the following.

1.1 All citizens will be search including the CWU and if any contraband was found they would be put down infront of the citizens to show that we mean keep clean or else.
1.2 Any minge would be shoot on sight that try to ruin rations and get a 1 to 4 week ban from the server and there person PK.
1.3 No talking , If one person talk he was taken out of line and got his ass handed to him before being toss of the side of the bridge.
1.4 Ration handout would be given out by the following order. CWU , Citizen , CP. CWU you will go first and get your rations. Citizen would go next with some not getting any for blackmarks. CP would go last because they was on there CP and the citizen they play with could not get them because of that fact so they was allow to get them for there citizen they play with.

2. The Streets: Citizen would be allow to talk but will be subject to random search. Beating would be given out to random citizens for little or no reason what so ever.  Any minge running and jumping is a warning first then permkill and ban if it keep up.

3. Shops: All shop owner will report to the CP and will be given a shop to set up . ( Note that all shop owner must first have a permit and be approve  to run a shop. ) It is the officer duty to choose where the shop goes and how long it may run in the location.

4. Civil Protection : It is your job to keep order and to maintain control of the citizen. All officer are allow but RCTS was allow to issue level 1 verdicts on any citizen.  A JW level 3 can be called by 01 officers. ( Level 3 was moving the citizen to the trainstation and checking there CID and for any illegal items they might have )
A JW level 2 can be called by the next 2 ranks. ( Level 2 is the same as level 3 but with so more fun for the officer involved. One if citizen are not at the trainstation in 5 mins then any outside would be detain and beaten and lock up for 10 cycles then beaten again to make sure they understood we mean it ) Level 1 JW is for any rank that is hight then the max for level 2 JW (is the best because COTA unit would come out and then well let put it this way they better run to the trainstation because it a free fire zone after that and then after that random citizen would be pull and beaten. )

5: CWU : I have one problem with you and that you hand out rations. Stop that and your fine.

6. Medic Supplies : Only the bandages should be allow on a citizen. All other should be taken at the medical center and stay in there.

Thats it for now I rant and suggest more later.

Offline chunkeymonkey79

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: July 07, 2011, 12:38:32 PM »
We need more admins on HL2RP, which is why I applied. And no, were actually RP'ing inside the Nexus. I don't know if you knew, but HC units are valuable.

And, if a HC unit asks you to flag up, or any unit for that matter, just do it. Come on.
<::|| HL2RP Characters ||::>

C18.CCA.APEX-DvL.040
Taking it easy as the DvL of the best division.

Derek Hampson
Wandering around C18, mentally confused.

Kendra Shawkins
Unknown Location, last seen diving into a body of water.

UU.OTA.PHANTOM-1.11590
On a rooftop, cloaked and sniper in hand.

ATTEMPTING TO ACCESS CHARACTER DATA..RESTRICTED..

Offline Lewis

• Hey Restart Outlands
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: July 07, 2011, 12:50:09 PM »
About the CWU selling contraband items, in the inventory it's regarded as "UU(Or CWU) Branded" so they're not just spawning melons and changing the /objectphysdesc(s).

Offline @Mmmaaattt94

• Britfag #1
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: July 07, 2011, 12:53:48 PM »
Ok this post says everything. Not just the first post but some of the sub posts.

The UCA need a name change and to get their heads out from their asses. We need a proper system in place and new guidelines. Things such as a recruit MUST have basic training before he can even think about doing anything. A Recruit without ANY training shouldn't be allow to do anything without another unit there with him and I'm talking about an 03+ unit. One who knows what to do. There needs to be set training for recruits. Nomad now seems a pointless division, while a recruit i saw the division, i knew what i wanted to do. Nomad is pointless and not really enforced. Just give 04's the nomad training. Simple. I'm tired of recruits without training doing patrol's clamps and other stuff. I think also once training is done it goes on their record with the unit who did it and at the end of all the training they do they need a full test that within has everything they should of been told. Simple.
Also something i noticed, yes GRID are in the GOC a lot, me included and i will be out more but so few of us are currently active that i see, i have had 3 on at tops but its normally me and another GRID. Apex needs more set directives, they are just units who are meant to be trained in interrogation. They need more to do or they are just a unit. Thats it on the UCA now.

The CWU, don't get me wrong, i like them. From what i see many of them are good roleplayers but i agree some of them need to accept that they are not better than the UCA. At best they should have a tiny bit more respect than citizens because we know they are loyal but otherwise if a recruit does see one of them boring a level 3 thing they should get a beating. Its the verdict citizen or CWU. They do get benefits, they get a nice HQ, a group to rp with, new things to sell and a nice uniform. They may get a tiny bit of respect but they are still citizens, so they do what the UCA says, they don't do anything a citizen wouldn't do to another citizen or UCA and they don't get to just pass the NexHAP without being asked, they are still citizens.

Rebels, OK I'm sick of the fact we allow LOLWEBLES they are the bane of my fucking life. In another VERY serious server i lead the resistance, it wasn't We getz gunz, gun downz teh CPZ and say join us, no we helped citizens how the rebellion would, we planned things but i think we only ever carried out 2 plans, one to capture a recruit for his radio, knowledge and generally get at him and the other was when one of us was captured and we had to do an event of getting rid of incriminating things etc, not freeing him, you cant get in the nexus its a fortress. Otherwise we just did what a proper resistance did. I think the server needs a PROPER resistance, not rebel group but resistance. To join it you have to put in an app three times as hard as the UCA, be an amazing roleplayer and know exactly how a proper resistance runs. They would have only the leader with weapons flags for when they RP make weapons (VERY RARELY) and they would ONLY get them when they are very trusted and use them only if they were raided for example. The leader would be like the CmD VERY VERY VERY Trusted and not just any old player. But i cant see this resistance getting set up, the server bums lolwebles too much meaning they go to friends come play dis serva, they lik us lolwebels, we can be badz. If we don't allow them and punish them they stop. Then they stop coming and join some other soft server.

This is my rant for the moment. Yes you can rant about it, i know you will. But this is how i feel.

EDIT:
The CWU, they have CWU rations -.- I think its good to have them but NOT for them to buy. I think rather than 2 rations they get one of those. The UCA who can buy rations can buy the CWU ones and give them at ration cycles. Rations are given out to maintain citizens being weak and powerless and malnurished but then the CWU give out special rations which defeats the object. And its just not realistic.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2011, 01:00:27 PM by ?=CG=?Mmmaaattt94 »

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal